Revisiting the Cloud 9 Phantom porting issue.. - Page 6
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Revisiting the Cloud 9 Phantom porting issue..

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    I did not know how to align the FX to the angle of the jetpipes, it would be brilliant if you can solve this puzzle
    Got the angles down and have the internal flames closer to the injectors to match. Just need to work on a better flame out the back.

Now the internal flames match the tube!

UPDATE: AB tubes done. Now to study up on the AB flames.

Kinda reminds me of WALL-E...

Last edited by TuFun; May 2nd, 2014 at 18:29.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Burners are looking good...

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Hey gang!

Move & renovations to new home almost done - will be setting up my sim pc in a day or two.

I've been watching this thread unfold - and am thinking of taking the plunge (never bought this when it first came out - the E was my least favourite model). I've got both the AS and Iris models - each (esp the RF AS model) is quite enjoyable in their own "portover" sort of way - so my questions are, with these other two as comparisons, how does the C9 model (with the recent fixes) in FSX.

1) perform FPS wise
    2) handle load-outs - is there an external tank only (no munitions) model/configuration?
    3) look graphically-speaking

In light of 1), I'm still on my old (6 year, XP) machine. That one yields 15ish FPS on the AS model, and about 20ish on the Iris model (from memory, haven't been on FS for a couple of months).

thanks so much - between this, and the B-58, it's a good time to plug back into SOH and FSX!

Cheers.

DL
    Hi DL,

To answer your questions:

1) perform FPS wise => Pretty good given it is a portover, but it always remains a portover, so somewhat heavy on the frames
    2) handle load-outs - is there an external tank only (no munitions) model/configuration? => Like in the original there are several different loadouts, one of which is tanks only
    3) look graphically-speaking => Stunning!

Hope this answers your questions.

Dumonceau

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-5-3_2-46-52-120.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	7739Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-5-3_2-48-23-230.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	7740Thanks to everybody for seeing this through, I'm so happy with this F4, I cant hardly wait to start using her in Naval Engagements Underway...!
    MFC-27/migbait

Cloud9 Phantom Beta 3 - Flaps

Hi

I noticed that the flaps can only be controlled via the VC Cockpit switch and not via my joystick. Is this deliberate or is there a way of assigning control of the flaps back to the joystick as it was with the earlier Beta.

Small thing in a fantastic package.

Cheers

JC

Here is the download link for the new (beta 3) version of the portover kit. I strongly recommend you to read the README.txt file, all details on changes / new features should be in there.

https://app.box.com/s/myk2oay12f12dbqxyups

If nobody finds glaring mistakes, the next version should be the RC which I will upload to the SOH Library.

Quote Originally Posted by jjdc View Post
    Hi

I noticed that the flaps can only be controlled via the VC Cockpit switch and not via my joystick. Is this deliberate or is there a way of assigning control of the flaps back to the joystick as it was with the earlier Beta.

Small thing in a fantastic package.

Cheers

JC
    JC, this is deliberate. In beta 3, I enabled the flaps mode switch which overrides the keyboard. I know that in FS9 you could use both keyboard (F5, F6, F7, F8) and the VC switch but I have not yet been able to replicate this in FSX. I will give it another try, if I can't solve it I can disable the VC switch and give manual control back to the keyboard. What do you prefer: VC switch or keyboard control?

Cloud9 Phantom Beta 3 Flaps

Thank you for such a swift reply. I prefer to map the flaps to my joystick but if it is deliberate I have no problem using the VC to do it. I was not aware that you could not do both. Please do not waste your time changing it as it is a minor thing and we are lucky to have you doing the work in the first place.

Many thanks

JC

JC, this is deliberate. In beta 3, I enabled the flaps mode switch which overrides the keyboard. I know that in FS9 you could use both keyboard (F5, F6, F7, F8) and the VC switch but I have not yet been able to replicate this in FSX. I will give it another try, if I can't solve it I can disable the VC switch and give manual control back to the keyboard. What do you prefer: VC switch or keyboard control?

I concur with jjdc. Your work on this has been nothing less than stellar, and after getting used to it, the config you provided is just brilliant.

Please do this as you see fit.

Take care,

Dumonceau

The AB Effect!

I think I got the angle just about right on the afterburners.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Tufun, your angled burners are amazing, best ones I ever saw on a Phantom in FSX, great job !

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    I think I got the angle just about right on the afterburners.

I look forward!

Great work!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Now I just need a good vapor effects
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Wonderful yes, 'cepting I'm now deaf! Was wearing 'phones! Ouch.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Landing at Niederrhein:

Name:	Landed.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	7769

Looking forward to the new burners! And indeed Nismith, that soundpack is just brilliant!

Dumonceau

Quote Originally Posted by trowelmaster View Post
    Naval Engagements Underway...!
    Never heard of this site until you posted. I emailed to ask about registering NC

http://navalengagement.net/index.shtml

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	7770

Question to both Henk and Tufun

Will Tufun's burners be included in the final release?

Dumonceau

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Will Tufun's burners be included in the final release?

Dumonceau
    Hope there is not a final release. I'm just amazed with the tweaks and improvements with each beta release. It just keeps getting better. I keep wondering how the C9 Phantom portover will compare with the native Milviz Phantom when its released.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Hope there is not a final release. I'm just amazed with the tweaks and improvements with each beta release. It just keeps getting better. I keep wondering how the C9 Phantom portover will compare with the native Milviz Phantom when its released.
    if it released ...

LOL!!! Well, there are different things that could still be undertaken, like converting the textures to dds format. But given the fact that I've got 15 different texture sets, that is not for me at this moment. Which is a pity, because I would love to get better frames with it. But I'm definitely NOT complaining!

I'm having a ball with what Henk has come up with, but I don't think it would be fair to compare a portover to a native creation! ;-)

Dumonceau

LOL!!! Well, there are different things that could still be undertaken, like converting the textures to dds format. But given the fact that I've got 15 different texture sets, that is not for me at this moment. Which is a pity, because I would love to get better frames with it. But I'm definitely NOT complaining!

I'm having a ball with what Henk has come up with, but I don't think it would be fair to compare a portover to a native creation! ;-)

Dumonceau
    Just 15?? I got 36 in dds format and another 28 in bmp format, and found a few more yesterday. I'm just fascinated by all the improvements between the beta versions. I'm beginning to like it more than my FS9 version.

Now we got to put a fire under TuFun to share his AB (pun intended).
    -- WH

Icon22 Paging Dr. TuFun!

Just 15?? I got 36 in dds format and another 28 in bmp format, and found a few more yesterday. I'm just fascinated by all the improvements between the beta versions. I'm beginning to like it more than my FS9 version.

My Lord man, 64 repaints??? Could you give us a list of the ones you have in dds format??

But I agree, we urgently need the medicine of Dr. TuFun!!

I wonder if putting a pack together of the full thing would be a breach of copyright, given the fact that the model was never released for FSX... I'm afraid that it would be...

take care y'all,

Dumonceau

Then drag him kicking and screaming into the Glowingheat Hustler AB mystery.... why the inners ain't like the outers...

My Lord man, 64 repaints??? Could you give us a list of the ones you have in dds format??

But I agree, we urgently need the medicine of Dr. TuFun!!

I wonder if putting a pack together of the full thing would be a breach of copyright, given the fact that the model was never released for FSX... I'm afraid that it would be...

take care y'all,

Dumonceau
    The dds textures are the ones Creepy mentioned in post #105. I can't recall if he ever posted those for download or not. Maybe we should ask him to make them available, along with the shared texture folder for those having frame rate issues??
    -- WH

The dds textures are the ones Creepy mentioned in post #105. I can't recall if he ever posted those for download or not. Maybe we should ask him to make them available, along with the shared texture folder for those having frame rate issues??

I have those textures installed on my lap-top, and I'm getting right around 13 fps in multiplayer flying around KNKX and San Diego area with a lot of added scenery, so...(I'm happy !)

Acer; Aspire 5251; 8.0 GB ram; 64 bit; 1 core; graphics- ATI mob. Radeon HD 4250; graphics memory 3067 MB; dedicated 256; Direct X 10
    MFC-27/migbait

Members who have read this thread: 95