Revisiting the Cloud 9 Phantom porting issue.. - Page 4
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Revisiting the Cloud 9 Phantom porting issue..

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Would have been cool to have something like a TacPak. At that time I didn't know much about painting and effects, or would have added a fireball when the F-35 hit the ground.

The F-35 was to be an unkown, so the F-4's were scrambled to intercept. FSRecorder is a fun program and I thought I could use it in some type of storyline.
    Tufun,

You need to make more videos! I have watched that one a couple times now. It's great! NC

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Looking forward to some native F-4B/J Versions of this for FSX.
    There was supposedly an F-4B being developed, but we haven't heard anything about it for a few months now.

Dave

It's been a long time since I had so much fun with this model! Thanks a bunch Henk! Here's another video for ya NC!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

It's been a long time since I had so much fun with this model! Thanks a bunch Henk! Here's another video for ya NC!
    Phan(tom)tastic! Is the dragchute working for you? I did not see it come out in your movies.

Short video with the canopy mod.

Going to try Nigel Richards F-4 soundset next.

Nigel Richards F-4 soundset available?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Thanks TuFun! Every time I watch a Phantom video, I can't help but think of what it felt like to experience those G Forces, and going vertical. Something I will never forget. Ain't flight simulation grand? NC

Hi there!

Now that I found out that my Antivirus Program stalled my C9 installer...I got it installed in FS9...then I took the files from the FS9 aircraft file and copied them into FSX...applied the fix by Henk and see the icons...but what did I forget as my F-4F looks like this:

I run FSX in 16x10 mode on a 22'' monitor...?
    I know it must be something trivial that I forgot...
    Godspeed, Bernd
    NATO E-3A Squadron 1, 1993 - 2000

"Runway left behind and altitude above are useless..." Al "Tex" Johnston
    Remember YUKLA 27
    Remember ESSO 77

Flying the GA Phantom in P3D!!! Was stationed at George AFB... EGRESS Tech on F-4C,D,E,F (German), and G Wild Weasel birds. Also had the pleasure of the F-105F and G Wild Weasel birds!

Cockpit shadows!

Notice the eject rings shadows...

Looking good there...
    BTW glad to see someone using my old George AFB F-4F repaint from 1976...! Hope you like it...

Cheers

Bernd
    Godspeed, Bernd

Remember YUKLA 27
    Remember ESSO 77

I loaded up the C9 Phantom in P3DV2 last night. A couple problems. The tailhook animation isn't working, and afterburner is not showing.... NC

Quote Originally Posted by bully707 View Post
    Hi there!

Now that I found out that my Antivirus Program stalled my C9 installer...I got it installed in FS9...then I took the files from the FS9 aircraft file and copied them into FSX...applied the fix by Henk and see the icons...but what did I forget as my F-4F looks like this:
    I run FSX in 16x10 mode on a 22'' monitor...?
    I know it must be something trivial that I forgot...
    Are you sure you are using my panel.X - panel.cfg file? This definately looks like the FS9 panel.cfg which has altered [Default View] - SIZE_X/SIZE_Y values. Make sure they are:

[Default View]
    X=0
    Y=0
    SIZE_X=8192
    SIZE_Y=6143

The FS9 panel also uses "render_3d_window=1", together with the above, this causes the letterboxing in FSX.

And: Check if your aircraft.cfg uses the new panel.X. The "panel=" property in every [fltsim.n] section must have the "X" value like this:

panel=X

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I loaded up the C9 Phantom in P3DV2 last night. A couple problems. The tailhook animation isn't working, and afterburner is not showing.... NC
    I am not on P3D so I cannot verify the tailhook but the missing burner FX might be caused by an FX name typo in one of the early ZIP files, just check this:

Aircraft.cfg should have the correct FX name under [lights] :

light.11 = 9, -15.7, 2.25, -3.90, fx_F4E_C9AB
    light.12 = 9, -15.7, -2.25, -3.90, fx_F4E_C9AB

This name must match with the FX file in the Effects folder : fx_F4E_C9AB.fx

BTW: I you push the throttle beyond 80%, the engine smoke should disappear and you should notice the extra thrust and a jump in fuel flow. If these things happen, it is for sure a problem with the FX file name.

Hoi Henk!

Sorry voor de vertraaging...

I totally forgot to check my pn box...I installed your fixes and it works like a charm now!
    Hartstikke bedankt, Henk!

The last two are at RAF Coningsby by ACG (and all four were taken in FSX yeaaaaah!!!!)
    Godspeed, Bernd

Remember YUKLA 27
    Remember ESSO 77

The thing is, all I did was copy the directory from FSX, and it all works ok in FSX. What changed? NC

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    I am not on P3D so I cannot verify the tailhook but the missing burner FX might be caused by an FX name typo in one of the early ZIP files, just check this:

Aircraft.cfg should have the correct FX name under [lights] :

light.11 = 9, -15.7, 2.25, -3.90, fx_F4E_C9AB
    light.12 = 9, -15.7, -2.25, -3.90, fx_F4E_C9AB

This name must match with the FX file in the Effects folder : fx_F4E_C9AB.fx

BTW: I you push the throttle beyond 80%, the engine smoke should disappear and you should notice the extra thrust and a jump in fuel flow. If these things happen, it is for sure a problem with the FX file name.

"[Default View]
    X=0
    Y=0
    SIZE_X=8192
    SIZE_Y=6143"

One of the first things I [almost always] remember to check...

Godspeed, Bernd

Remember YUKLA 27
    Remember ESSO 77

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Phan(tom)tastic! Is the dragchute working for you? I did not see it come out in your movies.
    I was missing the F2 assignment so no drag chute deployed. F2 assigned!

Quote Originally Posted by bully707 View Post
    Looking good there...
    BTW glad to see someone using my old George AFB F-4F repaint from 1976...! Hope you like it...

Cheers

Bernd
    Very much so! The F-4F German aircraft that were stationed at George AFB were different due to the color scheme. The F-4G WW birds were new aircraft... not a scratch on them when we got them. A special panel was installed to cover the cockpit panel avionics.

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Nigel Richards F-4 soundset available?
    Available here..

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...Phantom_sounds

The warbirds of today just do NOT have the awesome look of jets like the Phantom and the Tomcat. F/A-18 "Lawn Darts" may be able to deliver ordnance, but they'll never look or sound as cool!

The warbirds of today just do NOT have the awesome look of jets like the Phantom and the Tomcat. F/A-18 "Lawn Darts" may be able to deliver ordnance, but they'll never look or sound as cool!
    Don't forget the Thud ....

Just curious if anyone tried it in FSX with DX10 fixer? I did this video in P3Dv2.2 with no canopy reflections and with. Also turned on cloud shadows.

TuFun,

Are your lights working in P3DV2? Mine aren't for some reason. Nor is the afterburner. NC

TuFun,

Are your lights working in P3DV2? Mine aren't for some reason. Nor is the afterburner. NC
    I have the same issues. LM may have changed something related to the lights section. Could be DX11?

After several attempts, my Phantom seems to work correctly, except for the sounds...
    What's the exact path of the sounds directory? Thanks

EDIT: SOLVED, just under the simobjects/airplanes directory..

Members who have read this thread: 94