Revisiting the Cloud 9 Phantom porting issue.. - Page 3
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Revisiting the Cloud 9 Phantom porting issue..

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    I had the milky canopies also, so I darkened the alphas just enough to show some reflections. Some of the other repaints had no alphas... no reflections on the canopy. I will upload a video in a few hours.

Try these textures...
    Tufun, thanks for the fix! It seems I used the bitmaps without alphas giving me glass without reflections. Now I installed yours I also get the reflections while the glass is not milky. If this also works for Dave and Dieter I will include it in the next version of the portover kit.

Yes, these new canopy bitmaps are working for me, clear visibility now.
    Thanks TuFun.

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

This looks oh so tempting...unfortunately my W7 64bit machine will not execute the F-4F installer...
    Since I only installed the FSX on my rig last year, when I bought it and only recently installed FS9 again, I have no chance to use the C9 Phantom again...bummer!

C9 support told me that it should start installing in W7 64bit...but my machine seems to be the exception to the rule...

Sooo sad....
    Godspeed, Bernd
    NATO E-3A Squadron 1, 1993 - 2000

"Runway left behind and altitude above are useless..." Al "Tex" Johnston
    Remember YUKLA 27
    Remember ESSO 77

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Tufun, thanks for the fix! It seems I used the bitmaps without alphas giving me glass without reflections. Now I installed yours I also get the reflections while the glass is not milky. If this also works for Dave and Dieter I will include it in the next version of the portover kit.
    It works for me.
    Thanks.

Dave

Short video with the canopy mod.

Going to try Nigel Richards F-4 soundset next.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Short video with the canopy mod. Going to try Nigel Richards F-4 soundset next.
    Awesome..........!

Phantastic video, Tufun, and phabolous mod, Henk!!!

A BIG THANKS to Henk, Navy Chief, TuFun and everyone else on this project. Between getting things setup and flying the C9 Phantom, it's been a busy, busy morning.

Cheers
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    A BIG THANKS to Henk, Navy Chief, TuFun and everyone else on this project. Between getting things setup and flying the C9 Phantom, it's been a busy, busy morning.

Cheers
    Warhorse, I have been busy the last day or so. Is there a canopy mod needed for this? NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Warhorse, I have been busy the last day or so. Is there a canopy mod needed for this? NC
    Nah. I'm good. Used TuFun's canopy (post #50), and its just fine. Thanks for asking.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Thanks a million Creepy! I've got the other gauges covered with quite a few other ones (among which the Alphasim F-5E for the radar and such)

Finally a HUD for my Phantom! ;-)
    Hi
    Would like very much if you explain what to do to get gauges working....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Hi
    Would like very much if you explain what to do to get gauges working....

Thanks
    The Hud (and the mods by Henk) are not working on my rig. I'll have to download the original pack again and start over from scratch. Lemme work on it and I'll keep you posted. Just got home from work.

Dumonceau

Blowing By the Big E

P3Dv2.2 shots

Flying the GA Phantom in P3D!!! Was stationed at George AFB... EGRESS Tech on F-4C,D,E,F (German), and G Wild Weasel birds. Also had the pleasure of the F-105F and G Wild Weasel birds!

Cockpit shadows!

Notice the eject rings shadows...

Amazing to see how good this old model looks in P3D! Stay tuned, the next version will have a working VC AoA indexer, annunciator panel, gear indicator and most of the other warning lights.

The real Deal

Not C9 Phantoms. VF-154 Circa '73 (F-4J) . Looking forward to some native F-4B/J Versions of this for FSX.

At then NAS Miramar CA. I can still remember the smell of Turco at the wash racks.

Amazing to see how good this old model looks in P3D! Stay tuned, the next version will have a working VC AoA indexer, annunciator panel, gear indicator and most of the other warning lights.
    Thanks for adding the shift+ panels, without the use of functional cockpit switch... I would not get off the ground in P3Dv2. With HDR and cockpit shadows, these really bring the model to life!

I'm curious. Anyone have a recommendation for afterburner effects?

I'm currently using the effects provided by hschuit but it seems there may be some other effects available somewhere?
    -- WH

Digging thru my archive of videos, and found this one done three years.

TuFun,

Great video! Was that a F-35 that buys the farm at the end of that runway?? That was unexpected! Loved the video though! NC

Thanks for adding the shift+ panels, without the use of functional cockpit switch... I would not get off the ground in P3Dv2. With HDR and cockpit shadows, these really bring the model to life!
    Tufun, keep those pics & movies coming! I noticed from the screenshots you still have the old panel with the click icons, I just updated the package with more working stuff in the VC etc:

https://app.box.com/s/hy61fq8bnieczh3z9l51

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    TuFun,

Great video! Was that a F-35 that buys the farm at the end of that runway?? That was unexpected! Loved the video though! NC
    Would have been cool to have something like a TacPak. At that time I didn't know much about painting and effects, or would have added a fireball when the F-35 hit the ground.

The F-35 was to be an unkown, so the F-4's were scrambled to intercept. FSRecorder is a fun program and I thought I could use it in some type of storyline.

Tufun, keep those pics & movies coming! I noticed from the screenshots you still have the old panel with the click icons, I just updated the package with more working stuff in the VC etc:

Cool!!! Keep them coming! TF

Thanks for the updated files. I don't know how you do it, but I really like the outcome.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Not C9 Phantoms. VF-154 Circa '73 (F-4J) . Looking forward to some native F-4B/J Versions of this for FSX.

I really do love this photo come on board , looks a little like something i did.
    www.aviation-art-in-action.com

Members who have read this thread: 95