~ FSX Post Dawn displaying ~ ... your observations, please

Thread: ~ FSX Post Dawn displaying ~ ... your observations, please

~ FSX Post Dawn displaying ~ ... your observations, please

Have for years now been intermittently tackling a personally annoying display problem experienced ever since beginning to fly FSX: the lighting - dimming - re-brightening of terrain textures through the "dawn-postdawn1-postdawn2-morning" textures.

Am able to find nothing posted about this after searching forums & elsewhere online, just the memory of another simmer having mentioned it once years ago in saying he refused to fly mornings in FSX anymore because of the way the sim "mangles" it as well as one outstanding FSX aircraft developer agreeing in sharing with me that it "drives me nuts!". So, am most curious how others are viewing it. Here's the rub...

Typically, at the point when "dawn" ends (circa 45 minutes in), "postdawn1" begins & the first 15 minutes or so of "postdawn2" (starting just over an hour in) the sim's terrain textures build in brightness for about 15 minutes while night terrain textures & autogen get replaced with day textures & autogen. Then the terrain begins to slowly darken again for about 15 minutes with street lights & night textures loading back up for a while. Afterwards the murkiness slowly begins to dissipate & re-brighten at a snails pace, concluding about 105 minutes later to the maximum "morning" texture display.

It just cannot be only me, though as a mainly VFR flyer it's been disturbing to the immersive sense of continuity. Do others observe this phenomenon in FSX? if so then does it simply not bug you? Am especially interested no matter if you fly default sky textures or you are using addon skies developed by flight simulation software developers.

Have found a fine work-around to this perplexing issue. Seeing what the interest here may be, thanks. In quoting old Joe towards the end of Looper: "I fixed it!" At least, a good work-around is being employed here with fine results.

Last edited by boxcar; January 13th, 2014 at 17:02. Reason: spelling correction; clarification

​.

~ That's What I Thought ~

Seriously, am not being a smart aleck with that. One cannot really comment on what is not being observed or experienced, correct? Hence, the point of this thread. After finding essentially zero posts anywhere in FS-land regarding the above description of my experiences with FSX Dawn --> Morning terrain displaying, it began to strike me as being an issue beyond default X.

See, when first beginning to fly FSX back late in '08 it was quickly discovered that I personally could not fly the default skies, terrain textures & quite generalized road/water vectors. Too gauche &/or garish of dawn/sunset textures, bland dessert .bmps, etc. Thus, 3 excellent addons were quickly purchased before you could say "Boy, howdy"- UTX, GEX & FEX. Fine stuff overall & an excellent software company in my estimation for more reasons than three. Without loading the default sky textures back up to test & see, am now becoming confident that this described problem of early day transitions are the result of a subsequent addon that apparently has some of the coding reversed from what it should be to produced the desired effects. Frustrating as it gets, putting in literally hundreds & hundreds of hours over the last 4+ years developing skies that work acceptably in total throughout the FSX daytime & knowing little overall success... that is to say: until recently.

Am hoping to address this issue soon & gift a viable work-around to solve this for any of us continuing to utilize the software.

More to come, please stay tuned...

​.

Members who have read this thread: 53