Seen at A2A...

Thread: Seen at A2A...

Seen at A2A...

Scott posted this at A2A. It looks beautiful Supersonic flight and jet engine complexity have proven difficult for accusim development hence the F-104 project has been put on the back burner for now. The T-33 will be a great project in the interm, let accusim get it's jet 'teeth' on the T-33. Still very early in development but good to see A2A has not forgotten the warbirds.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t-33_1.jpg 
Views:	578 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	2634

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2015 ? That would make it appear at the same time as the Phantom....I just hope they won't use that T-33 as "another reason not to work on the Phantom yet".

I think it´s not looking good for the Phantom in the nearest future. Same problems as mentioned from A2A for the F-104 (supersonic airflow, J-79 engine).

With the F-104 on the back burner (they were modelling the "wrong" version anyway), I reckon the F-4 will be pushed back even further. Personally, I think the T-33 is an excellent choice as a "interim" solution. The repaint possibilities are beyond endless.
    TFZ-034
    "I fought the law and the law won ..."

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Shame.... With their quality in modelling I wouldn't mind having the F-4 and 104 without accusim options, maybe under their 'Aircraft factory' label.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

You'll notice, the picture says "If development continues..." which to me says, it's not even a confirmed project. More like an exploration. Although, I'm with the idea. A T-33 would be fantastic.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Isn't Vertigo Studios also working on a T-33??
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

You know, the Skunkworks Zipper is a very good 104. Too bad A2A is not working on a B-24.

Yes regarding Vertigo Studios and the T-33. So what it means (and I hope I'm wrong) is that a viable FSX T-33 is still YEARS away in either case.

Bummer 'cause I LOVE the T-Bird!

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Yes regarding Vertigo Studios and the T-33. So what it means (and I hope I'm wrong) is that a viable FSX T-33 is still YEARS away in either case.

Bummer 'cause I LOVE the T-Bird!

Kent

My exact feelings

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    A T-33 is a good and logical choice, but I wonder whether Scott and his team would consider its single seat predecessor too, the F-80. I do not know whether the versions are very different, but A2A does have a military and a cvil Mustang.

The F-80 would be good, but only to augment the T-33A...as the sales (and repaint) potential is huge for the latter, as opposed to the former. The T-33 was, quite simply...ubiquitous for 40 years.

Kent

lets hope for the late ANG and TAC load outs......

Name:	213b08a1388703.jpg 
Views:	471 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	2652

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    lets hope for the late ANG and TAC load outs......

Name:	213b08a1388703.jpg 
Views:	471 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	2652
    Can't disagree there-- an AT-33 alternative would be nice.

Kent

I think simply to get an A2A jet is, well be in its own league, how the team builds on it, it is going hit after following everything else their stable so be looking forward to see the future updates and i'm guessing won't be too far away before we see progress.

Hope you're right Ian-- I'm ready for a new T-bird! [with tip of hat to Tim's T-33, updated by Ed, of course...].

Kent

Hope you're right Ian-- I'm ready for a new T-bird! [with tip of hat to Tim's T-33, updated by Ed, of course...].
    I think placing an A2A post means this may actually be a quick mover, least the engine dynamic's are more sedate than a J79 .. I'm guessing we may be in for an early treat.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    You know, the Skunkworks Zipper is a very good 104. Too bad A2A is not working on a B-24.
    Also Lancaster would be nice!

Ian.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    The F-80 would be good, but only to augment the T-33A...as the sales (and repaint) potential is huge for the latter, as opposed to the former. The T-33 was, quite simply...ubiquitous for 40 years.

Kent
    Can't disagree with that!

Members who have read this thread: 143