Info : Syria Sim releases

Thread: Info : Syria Sim releases

Lightbulb Info : Syria Sim releases

Two nice airports released
    Latakia and Damascus airports (FS2004and FSX)
    Code:
    http://www.syriasim.org

Thanks for the HU, but I get a 404 not found on the DLs. Pity, they look awesome.

I downloaded both without a problem. Currently I'm in the middle of flying my C172 from Tel Aviv to Damascus. Hopefully I won't get shot down.

Exclamation

404 ??
    Maybe because this !

Found this warning on AirdailyX (http://airdailyx.blogspot.be)
    Julliet Whisky said...
    WARNING - WARNING
    What the Installer realy does is overwriting original FSX libraries (BGL's).files.
    Because the guys of Syria Sim are that stupid to make their own Libraries and give them the same names already used by FSX.
    Result : after Un-installing you will lost your airport traffic, vegetation and lots more . .
    There should be a death penalty for this practices at least Syrai Sim guys should be banned by IVAO
    Be clever and install the scenery first in a Dummy FSX Folder.
    You'll see what I mean.

Uh Oh.

I wonder about fs9?????

Smile

AFAIK .. nothing wrong with the FS2004 version
    I installed it first in a work folder ... and it's only two folders created (who are going in the Addons FS2004 folder .. as usual)

Ah, good news. As I do with almost all scenery, I also installed to a work folder and then moved them to FS9. Had no problems. It was a nice flight. Never been to Syria before.

I'm not in FS9 at all now but I saw this thread and wanted to make clarification. In regard to the AI traffic BGL's, I had no issue at all with them. During my manual install, I discovered that most of the BGL's and textures were the very same as the original versions(same creation date and file size). But at no time have the BGL files they supplied caused a problem for me. AI Traffic works fine. I would recommend manual install and when uninstalling(after deactivating the scenery within sim), just remove the addon scenery folder. The only problem I encountered in FSX was with theLaitaka scenery which everytime I loaded up a flight, there was a object/building crash no matter where I spawned into on the field. SS says they are working to correct that issue which doesn't happen with all users.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... Hum, the downloads do not work for me. They do not start...
    Last edited by SOLOBO; January 16th, 2014 at 19:01.

Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    Thanks for the HU, but I get a 404 not found on the DLs. Pity, they look awesome.
    Likewise here too. be a shame if they've been pulled because some numpty spouts off on an open forum, that's what happened to those fine Malaysian sceneries

ttfn

Pete

Exclamation

For the FS2004 users .. I can send the sceneries on request by PM !
    For the FSX users ... same but have only Latakia !

Just read they are making changes/fixes to both scenery packs(Damascus and Latakia) and will repost the links on their site soon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That's good to know, looking forward to the re-issue. Thanks Nav for the offer, would have taken you up on it if they were unavailable.

MM, what are these Malaysian sceneries of which you speak? Wonder if they are still available on the wayback machine? Got a link to test?

Ta muchly,
    Jamie

Downloaded tonight both FS2004 sceneries. It looks to work now...

Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    That's good to know, looking forward to the re-issue. Thanks Nav for the offer, would have taken you up on it if they were unavailable.

MM, what are these Malaysian sceneries of which you speak? Wonder if they are still available on the wayback machine? Got a link to test?

Ta muchly,
    Jamie
    here Jamie ----> http://mfsg.forumn.org/f34-sceneries
    they have it locked down tighter than an MP's (member of parliament for the colonials) wallet

ttfn

Pete

Members who have read this thread: 53