OH Palm Trees by The B24 Guy!

Thread: OH Palm Trees by The B24 Guy!

Wink OH Palm Trees by The B24 Guy!

Hi All,

Getting back into CFS2 some. This is something I was working on awhile ago.
    Just need to do the readme and zipit up.
    Models by Wolfi and textures by Lindsay.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Attachment 2510

Nice work. Can't wait to get my hands on em.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

We sure missed you. I like your palms.

I got out of CFS2 for about a year and just started back myself not to long ago.
    BOB EDWARDS

You have to understand the CFS2 AI inorder to command them.

Why walk when you can ride

It is not what CFS2 is doing but what it looks like it is doing that counts

OH Palm Trees.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Scenery Add-Ons

Description: These files replace all the stock single palm trees with groups of five.

Enjoy,

The B24Guy

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit OH Palm Trees.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Reply...

The B24 Guy,

Many thanks, you can never have enough shade in the tropics!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Super enhancement

It the "little things" like this that greatly improve the immersion factor, thank you very much!

Thanks so much! Great addition!

Excellent! What a great idea. They look great. I'll be making the change in all of my PTO installs. Thanks B24 Guy!

very nice indeed. a much needed feature..any chance you could do large gruops say of 20 or 40 trees in irregular shapes?
    Beached Admiral Naval Wargame Society 1978
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Tester of Ships: Sea Trials and Consults

Very Nice!

Nice goin', m'man! Thank you.

Cheers,
    Great to be here......great to be anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by CrisGer View Post
    very nice indeed. a much needed feature..any chance you could do large gruops say of 20 or 40 trees in irregular shapes?
    Hi Cris,
    I did not make the models Wolfi did. I just replaced the stock ones.

You could always plant as many as you wish.

Regards,
    B24Guy

P.S. Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.

Litle things that changes cfs2 in great way! thank u!

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Wink All we need is a beach chair and a Mojito now...

Quote Originally Posted by The B24 Guy View Post
    Hi Cris,
    I did not make the models Wolfi did. I just replaced the stock ones.

You could always plant as many as you wish.

Regards,
    B24Guy

P.S. Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.
    Thank you, The B24Guy!

Definitely a more realistic look for the PTO and tropical areas. May ask you if there's any difference or improvement from the palms Wolfi did at the time, which I had duly installed, and enjoyed greatly, since then?

If it's a "preservation pack" with no changes I'll just download it and archive it, without the need to go over the old install.

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Quote Originally Posted by kelticheart View Post
    Thank you, The B24Guy!

Definitely a more realistic look for the PTO and tropical areas. May ask you if there's any difference or improvement from the palms Wolfi did at the time, which I had duly installed, and enjoyed greatly, since then?

If it's a "preservation pack" with no changes I'll just download it and archive it, without the need to go over the old install.

Cheers!
    KH
    Hi KH,

They are the same ones Wolfi did at the time. I just renamed them so I could replace the stock ones in the gsl file.
    I had been using the mods Pen32win and I were working on to the "inf.bgl's", but I discovered other problems with the modded "inf files".
    All you have to do is replace the "gsl file" and use "gslmgr" to insert any other gobs you might have.

Regards,
    B24Guy

......and a sunhat!

Nice work, they really look good.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Ahhh...

Yes. A nice chair and a drink on a little beach far away from everything. Love the trees. Now I have to go find a beach to plant them on.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Hi KH,

They are the same ones Wolfi did at the time. I just renamed them so I could replace the stock ones in the gsl file.
    I had been using the mods Pen32win and I were working on to the "inf.bgl's", but I discovered other problems with the modded "inf files".
    All you have to do is replace the "gsl file" and use "gslmgr" to insert any other gobs you might have.

Regards,
    B24Guy
    Roger, The B24 Guy!

You did a great thing, if I am not wrong, Wolfi never produced an upload pack but simply attached his new palm groves to his forum thread, thus ensuring his creation to be lost in little time.

The INF *.bgl he provided with them were ready to use, because I had great looking palms in my PTO and North Africa for several years now. I think I never had troubles with them.

When you mention the files you and Pen were working on, do you mean the same files Wolfi did?

Thanks!
    KH

Hi KH,
    Years ago now Pen had fixed some textures on some of the LOD's of the stock inf. He had some problems though.
    The problem was that when decompileing the bgl to scasm I would get an error.
    I somehow managed to extract all the objects. I thought.
    So I had four inf.bgl's instead of one and I replaced the stock palm with Wolfi's.
    I can't remember if they were uploaded or attached in a post.
    Anyway I just discovered that if you distroy the Jap anti-aircraft gun type 88 75mm you will get a CTD upon exiting the mission.
    I dicided to go back to the stock inf file, but I did not want to lose Wolfi's trees.
    Now the trees are in the gsl file not the inf file.
    Problem solved.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Icon5 ??!!????!!?!?

....Anyway I just discovered that if you distroy the Jap anti-aircraft gun type 88 75mm you will get a CTD upon exiting the mission......
    Geee....the sensitivity displayed by CFS2 to mods never ceases to amaze me!!

I happen to get mysterious and bizarre CTDs every now and then, often tied to replacement explosion effects. But I am not 100% sure that's the cause of it, I gave up trying to understand the why's and the how come's!

Unfortunately I cannot say I had the same problem because when I turn CFS2 on I always go for new mods to do or install, I can't remember the last time I flew a complete mission. Sadly, when I think I forgot how to fly in combat, I do a QC with an empty CFS2.gsl to avoid impacting the framerate and that's all. To keep my chops up, I fly with the "hard" flight model setting, 100% realism and with all the opponents set as aces. Needless to say, I DO NOT always win....

So Wolfi's old *.inf's would cause a CTD if I destroyed a "Jap anti-aircraft gun type 88 75mm"? I'll replace the old *.inf files with your files on the double.

Thanks for the explanation!

Cheers!
    KH

Members who have read this thread: 41