The Fravin C150 L upgraded to FSX & P3D
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Fravin C150 L upgraded to FSX & P3D

Icon23 The Fravin C150 L upgraded to FSX & P3D

You can now download one the best freeware created for FS2004 which is now useable on FSX-SP2/Acceleration Dx10 and Prepar3D v2.

This migration has been done with Fravin agrement. In June 2013 I was contacted by one of two authors who sought a modeler who would have the patience and willingness to make a FSX version of this aircraft. It is with pleasure that I accepted and after 6 months of work here is the first release. Other changes are in progress and version 2.0 should be available by the first half of 2014

This aircraft "a Cessna 150L Aerobat" which have been compared to some paywares, has been migrated on FSX. This a/c has nice animations and is a joy to fly and look at also, as the paint jobs are (visually) some of the best and most refined schemes on Cessna high-winged single-engined.

I strongly advise those who do not have it to get it. It has a VC with animations, no 2D panel, and its own sound. The passenger waves a map as it flies, the doors open as do the windows on the upper part of the door, and the sunshields lower--all from within the VC only.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	780416GARP01.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	2523 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	632022C150FDDME15.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	2524

Name:	13111707371815745611742243.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	2525 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FGHJK_4.gif 
Views:	199 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	2526

This aircraft can be download on http://frenchvfr.free.fr - Download Section - FSX/P3D Aircraft

Have fun if you get it

Quote Originally Posted by lagaffe View Post
    You can now download one the best freeware created for FS2004 which is now useable on FSX-SP2/Acceleration Dx10 and Prepar3D v2.

This migration has been done with Fravin agrement. In June 2013 I was contacted by one of two authors who sought a modeler who would have the patience and willingness to make a FSX version of this aircraft. It is with pleasure that I accepted and after 6 months of work here is the first release. Other changes are in progress and version 2.0 should be available by the first half of 2014

This aircraft "a Cessna 150L Aerobat" which have been compared to some paywares, has been migrated on FSX. This a/c has nice animations and is a joy to fly and look at also, as the paint jobs are (visually) some of the best and most refined schemes on Cessna high-winged single-engined.

I strongly advise those who do not have it to get it. It has a VC with animations, no 2D panel, and its own sound. The passenger waves a map as it flies, the doors open as do the windows on the upper part of the door, and the sunshields lower--all from within the VC only.

Name:	780416GARP01.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	2523 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	632022C150FDDME15.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	2524

Name:	13111707371815745611742243.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	2525 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FGHJK_4.gif 
Views:	199 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	2526

This aircraft can be download on http://frenchvfr.free.fr - Download Section - FSX/P3D Aircraft

Have fun if you get it
    Looks great.
    Edit;
    Make sure you don't use Chrome's French to English translation as it translates an incorrect user name.
    Cheers,
    Dave

It has interior and exterior mdls so it's native!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I find the download okay but then the site asks for my user name and password which I don't have and don't particularly want to get. Is there any way around this?

Stan V.

I tried to download this, it says to use "mike" as the user name and "simulation" as the password.
    When I put in those words, it says they are not correct.
    Can't download it.

Do not translate the username/password, type them exactly as they are shown in red. I got mine on the first attempt. I remember this model from my FS9 days, very nice! It's a bit dated graphics wise now but I'm going to give it a shot.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for sharing this lagaffe

I have translate all the pages in the Download section (http://frenchvfr.free.fr/download.php?lng=en) so if you choose the right language on the banner page (English of course) you can read without problem all the instructions to proceed !

I am French but I speak and read English of course ;-)

@Oleboy
    : I protect my download with a username and a password because some people use hotlink on my site so I prefer that you erase you last reply.

Didier aka "Lagaffe"

Done.

I was trying to help those having trouble. Sorry.

I remember this aircraft back in fs2004. It was one of the more detailed, and nicely done. I gladly accept the updated version.

This is great! I think some features are yet to be added (no pilot) and some switches are incorrectly named. I have added from my port-over folder OH-CGL, a favourite metallic repaint.
    Oh in Dx10 + fixer of course!

SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Pilot and Co-pilot are ready to use in this version !

If you use SHIFT+3 you obtain a Checklist pannel where you can select or de-select somes functionnalities:
    - pilot and copilot
    - wheels chocks
    - wheel fairing
    - etc ...

Name:	g6kg.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	2535
    You can also click on in the VC on aircraft's immatriculation to obtain this 2D pannel.

To discover this aircraft: click on some parts of the VC ... and search .... or read the "C150 US description.pdf"

@Roger: If you agree I can insert your repaint in the next version ? It is very nice and I like it very much.

On the Download section you have also 8 repaints: one is a Lagaf' repaint done by a frien of mine.

Just gave it a test and WOW! Brings back memories of my primary training in the C-150. It's a keeper!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by lagaffe View Post
    Pilot and Co-pilot are ready to use in this version !

If you use SHIFT+3 you obtain a Checklist pannel where you can select or de-select somes functionnalities:
    - pilot and copilot
    - wheels chocks
    - wheel fairing
    - etc ...

Name:	g6kg.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	2535
    You can also click on in the VC on aircraft's immatriculation to obtain this 2D pannel.

To discover this aircraft: click on some parts of the VC ... and search .... or read the "C150 US description.pdf"

@Roger: If you agree I can insert your repaint in the next version ? It is very nice and I like it very much.

On the Download section you have also 8 repaints: one is a Lagaf' repaint done by a frien of mine.
    Hi Lagaffe,
    You're more than welcome to use the screenshots.
    I found the checklist but I couldn't make the pilot appear with my mouse clicking the pilot check box. I could add or remove the wheel pants though.

Just tried again and could not make the pilot appear with the check box and I'm in Dx10 with FsX.
    SYSTEM :

Thanks so much, Didier!

I've missed this one. Learned to fly in this model and did my first instruction as a CFI in the very same airplane.

Cheers,
    steve

The words are 'micro' and 'simulation'. However, I then get an unconfirmed download of 42.1 MB. If I rename it the .zip file type, I can unzip it and it's a complete file. Tried in Chrome and IE.
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

Merci Didier pour cet avion magnifique!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Hi Lagaffe,
    You're more than welcome to use the screenshots.
    I found the checklist but I couldn't make the pilot appear with my mouse clicking the pilot check box. I could add or remove the wheel pants though.

Just tried again and could not make the pilot appear with the check box and I'm in Dx10 with FsX.
    Roger, you need to make sure the engine is not running before you can swap pilot/instructor in and out.
    Quirky!? I love it!

Merci beaucoup, lagaffe

Quote Originally Posted by Portia911 View Post
    Roger, you need to make sure the engine is not running before you can swap pilot/instructor in and out.
    Quirky!? I love it!

Merci beaucoup, lagaffe
    Ahhh... I'll try that!
    SYSTEM :

Okay, got me a pilot!

SYSTEM :

Lots of options on the checklist! Nice work!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Genuinely enjoyed the FS2004 version of this little bird; so nicely detailed and an excellent flyer so I win't hesitate in the least to download her.

I remember rumours flying around the boards when the FS9 version came out that there were plans for a "Texas Taildragger" version, an iteration of the 150/152 species that is by far my personal favourite. Hopefully that may come, too.

My very real thanks to the parties involved in this for their hard work and thoughtfulness. It's folks like these who making flight simming great...

N.

A warm thank you to all who participated in making this possible. I loved this in FS9 too... A great plane for hopping around OrbX airfields and the like...

A

Andrew Entwistle
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Hi,

It's not necessary to be registred on French-VFR to download an aircraft or an other model; if you do, it will be very nice of you.
    Each download is protected with a username/password which are NOT your username member.

All necessary data are detailed in the few lines joined to the download area: you have just to read theses lines. So don't use "Google Translation" on my site, username and perhaps password will be also translated ... so your problems come from there.
    To avoid this problem, I have create my homesite with two langages: French and English and I translate systematically all my download pages in English.

Download howto:
    1) On the banner page of French-VFR, click on the English flag (at left top of the page) to switch the language site and then go to the Download area and read the instructions: username and password are colored in red.
    2) If you have used wrongs username/password and if your explorer have memorized theses settings, try to use another program like Firefox or reset your security parameters (memorized accounts/password).

@ThinkingmanNeil
    I am curious and I have made some research on "Texas Taildragger" ... it's a very nice aircraft but this one is a french Cessna maded by Reims Aviation.
    Perhaps in the next version, I will make a "Texas Taildragger" ...

Best regards !

This is very much appreciatede. Merci beaucoup monsieur!
    Anneke

Members who have read this thread: 111