The Fravin C150 L upgraded to FSX & P3D - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 142

Thread: The Fravin C150 L upgraded to FSX & P3D

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Anderson View Post
    Great job on conversion!
    Just an observation, in Greenhopper's paints the title for FCROW is blank which prevents it and any subsequent paints in aircraft.cfg from showing in aircraft selection menu.

    Suggest changing it from:
    title=
    to:
    title=Cessna_150 F-CROW
    Thank you! I didnīt see that...

    Sadly there are not too many non-French repaints available. At least I donīt find them. That metal repaint in Rogers picture would be great and some Canadian, US and UK registers as well.

  2. #52
    If you find US repaints for this plane ... you can find on AVSim and search "Cessna Fravin": I will find N11530 & N5261Q.
    I think that the OH-CGL texture will be made by Yves Franckart
    because I saw it on "http://users.skynet.be/fravinguidee/creation.html". I try to find it ant I if I succeed I will upgrade this post.

  3. #53

    Scratchy Glass

    Nice Plane however for some reason, The view out of the windshield looks a little scratchy, I see some other postings here that have clear looking windshield.
    Guess I need to get out the Glass Wax!!

    Attachment 2852

  4. #54

    Clearer Windshield in N2927t

    I got the Grasshopper repaints which included the BLue N2927T like the one TUFUN displayed and the windshield is much clearer and better then the other stock one I posted. (See above) ^
    Go figure. Book em' Danno!!!!

    Attachment 2857

  5. #55
    Senior Administrator Roger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    EGCD...they bulldozed it!
    Age
    68
    Posts
    9,737
    Quote Originally Posted by lagaffe View Post
    If you find US repaints for this plane ... you can find on AVSim and search "Cessna Fravin": I will find N11530 & N5261Q.
    I think that the OH-CGL texture will be made by Yves Franckart
    because I saw it on "http://users.skynet.be/fravinguidee/creation.html". I try to find it ant I if I succeed I will upgrade this post.
    Many thanks lagaffe
    SYSTEM :
    OS:Win7 Home Premium 64 bit UAC OFF!
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

    To err is human; to forgive is divine

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Many thanks lagaffe
    Just a HU, I got the Texture 11530 from AVSIM and the files are in BMP mode and when I added it to the core C150, it did not show in the FSX previews.
    The grasshopper repaints are compatible and all are in dds format

    BTW, The Grasshopper repaints have a better looking windshield the the stock one, much clearer and not as scratchy looking. I have made post above
    with attached pics to illustrate this ^.

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Does anyone know who's repaint and where it can be downloaded from? A few people have asked me and after several searches I can't find it and it was probably 8 or 9 years ago that I obtained it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lagaffe View Post

    I think that the OH-CGL texture will be made by Yves Franckart
    because I saw it on "http://users.skynet.be/fravinguidee/creation.html". I try to find it ant I if I succeed I will upgrade this post.
    That paint is included in the FS9 version and is also in the paint kit, except for the registration.

    cheers,
    Lane

  8. #58
    It is not Grasshopper but Grennhopper repaints, and they are on French-VFR in the downloads section "Aircraft's repaints" (use the English flap on the top left of the banner).

    @gray eagle :
    It's very strange because this artefacts are due to the glass_CV.dds texture and they are compiled in the 3D model.
    If this texture is'nt in the "Cessna 150L\texture.N2927T" directory, FSX call it from "Cessna 150L\texture" directory.

    So you can use PSP or The Gimp to modified glass_CV.dds and solve your problem:
    - backup the glass_CV.dds file
    - with DXT2Bmp ou ImageTool convert this file in BMP (24bits)
    - modify the opacity caracteristic of this file (75%) and save it (24 bits)
    - convert this new BMP to DDS (DXT3) and enjoy !

    I will publish a v1.5 with two glass_CV.dds file: this one and another more clean for all convenience.
    Another 3D model will be joined: a Texas Taildragger with a 160 cv and a US repaint !

  9. #59
    Some of the paints have glass_cv.dds and glass_ext.dds textures in them. (FBXNS, FGAQC, FGHJK, SAMU)
    SAMU glass_cv.dds appears to be a copy of glass_ext.dds so guess should show scratch free. (is also interior reflection free, prefer the fallback)
    When the textures are in the paint folder they are used instead of the ones in the fallback texture folder.
    If you like the fallback glass textures better, rename the files mentioned in above paints adding .old or .orig to the end (after the .dds).
    (just my two cents worth, don't worry about currency conversion to Canadian, we don't deal in pennies now )

  10. #60
    Very good suggestions !

    For the next Texas Taildragger, I have choose the modele described on this site : http://www.toandos.com/DC152.html

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080960.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	2884 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1090774.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	2885



  11. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Anderson View Post
    Some of the paints have glass_cv.dds and glass_ext.dds textures in them. (FBXNS, FGAQC, FGHJK, SAMU)
    SAMU glass_cv.dds appears to be a copy of glass_ext.dds so guess should show scratch free. (is also interior reflection free, prefer the fallback)
    When the textures are in the paint folder they are used instead of the ones in the fallback texture folder.
    If you like the fallback glass textures better, rename the files mentioned in above paints adding .old or .orig to the end (after the .dds).
    (just my two cents worth, don't worry about currency conversion to Canadian, we don't deal in pennies now )
    Outstanding!!!! No More scratchy glass and didn't have to mess with any alpha channels (I hate messing with that!)

    Thank you sir!!!

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by lagaffe View Post
    It is not Grasshopper but Grennhopper repaints, and they are on French-VFR in the downloads section "Aircraft's repaints" (use the English flap on the top left of the banner).

    @gray eagle :
    It's very strange because this artefacts are due to the glass_CV.dds texture and they are compiled in the 3D model.
    If this texture is'nt in the "Cessna 150L\texture.N2927T" directory, FSX call it from "Cessna 150L\texture" directory.

    So you can use PSP or The Gimp to modified glass_CV.dds and solve your problem:
    - backup the glass_CV.dds file
    - with DXT2Bmp ou ImageTool convert this file in BMP (24bits)
    - modify the opacity caracteristic of this file (75%) and save it (24 bits)
    - convert this new BMP to DDS (DXT3) and enjoy !

    I will publish a v1.5 with two glass_CV.dds file: this one and another more clean for all convenience.
    Another 3D model will be joined: a Texas Taildragger with a 160 cv and a US repaint !

    Oops, Sorry I misspelled the name.

  13. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by lagaffe View Post
    Very good suggestions !

    For the next Texas Taildragger, I have choose the modele described on this site : http://www.toandos.com/DC152.html

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080960.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	2884 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1090774.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	2885


    I like the blue and white paint. Very Nice choice.

  14. #64
    I am positively delighted, Msr. Lagraffe, with news of the Texas Taildragger. I've long been a fan of the airplane and thoroughly enjoyed J.E. Narcizo's version of it in FS2004, but I was frustrated that I couldn't import it into FSX. I truly look forward to your take on it.

    It's a pity that Cessna didn't offer a tailwheel option on this little bird while it was still in production. I'm of the opinion that every fixed wing pilot - regardless of what they fly or why - should have some solid taildragger time in their logbooks - as well as aerobatic/unusual attitude training or, at the bare minimum, a healthy dose of stall and spin training - just to gain greater exposure to a variety of aircraft and to expand their airmanship knowledge base. The 150/152 series, especially the Aerobat versions, would've been ideal ab initio taildragger/aerobatic mounts for the task.

    Mike Armin, who has written what is considered one of the definitive practical guides to the 150/152 and its care and feeding ("Owning, Buying, or Flying the Cessna 150/152: A handbook for owners, potential buyers, and student pilots", Mike Armin, Self published, 2004) says that one of the problems with the taildragger STC is the consistency and quality control of the conversions from aircraft to aircraft. Had Cessna offered it from the get-go, that likely wouldn't have been a problem...

    N.

    PS. I've picked some shots from the website of that particular 150T for wallpaper on my PC. The paint scheme is quite eye catching!

  15. #65
    Hi,

    I finally managed to find the texture of the Cessna "OH-CGL" ... it is present in the official paintkit of Fravin. Some additional modifications are needed to make it effective.
    For the bug of ADF, I finally find the problem and a fix is ​​in progress. It will probably be delivered as a v1.5 release as soon as possible.

    Lagaffe
    Last edited by lagaffe; January 22nd, 2014 at 11:47.

  16. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by lagaffe View Post
    Very good suggestions !

    For the next Texas Taildragger, I have choose the modele described on this site : http://www.toandos.com/DC152.html

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080960.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	2884 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1090774.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	2885


    Very good choice... looking forward to this one! I'm curious thou, since this is an FSX model, can bumps and specs be added?

    I've been working on a my personal ride of your 150, hence the C-TEDD for Ted.

    This is a mockup of it currently! Fun aircraft to fly!!!










  17. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Very good choice... looking forward to this one! I'm curious thou, since this is an FSX model, can bumps and specs be added?

    I've been working on a my personal ride of your 150, hence the C-TEDD for Ted.

    This is a mockup of it currently! Fun aircraft to fly!!!
    When you say Curious, do you mean 'can I add bumps and specs by making the appropriate titled files' then no. If you mean can they add them? yes. I agree though, with them it would rock... I'll happily throw them up a set of bumps if they need them. This gorgeous plane deserves it!


  18. #68
    Below is a quote from the website: (looking better and better)

    I am already working on a V2.0 is to take all advantages of the capabilities of FSX/P3D: the bumps and specular textures with also a "Damage mod" or a AccuSim light.

  19. #69
    Thanks Firekitten and Paul... awaiting v.2 with bumps and specs.





  20. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Anderson View Post
    Below is a quote from the website: (looking better and better)

    I am already working on a V2.0 is to take all advantages of the capabilities of FSX/P3D: the bumps and specular textures with also a "Damage mod" or a AccuSim light.
    Excellent news, this model is so nice it deserves the attention.

  21. #71
    Hi,

    Friends if mines are repainters and a very nice repaints are actually created:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C150USAAF_2.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	221.7 KB 
ID:	3154 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	62nw.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	3155
    You can see some repaints in progress from this page: http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewto...623542#p623542 and the next ones.

    The "Texas Taildragger" is also engaged:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qbq7.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	3156

    Best regards, Lagaffe

  22. #72

    @ Lagaffe

    Flying this plane almost all the time now, wonderful.
    I realize you are busy putting the icing on the cake, but the cherry on top would be to have windshield rain effects.
    Is that a possibility?

  23. #73
    Hello Paul,

    Unfortunately though FS2004 accepts the effects of rain on the windshield, FSX it does not natively allow.
    Some commercial products have managed to simulate this effect but at the cost of many complexities.
    I will study this but I do not have much hope.

    The Texas Taildragger is in the works :
    - adding the tailwheel
    - moving the main gear forward
    - adding safety harness for the driver and passenger
    - modified engine to get 160 HP
    - repaint N557TH model for the U.S. Army

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USAAF.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	3610

    Lagaffe

  24. #74
    Sweet, looks great!!!
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

  25. #75

    Icon26

    Hello,

    As promised I ham working on the new release v1.5
    Compared to the first specification, the objectives have been reviewed, it will include two major patches, structural changes to have a conventional train, additions at the textures and a new engine.

    Adding Damage mode has been postponed and will be part of the release v2.0 .

    Back to v1.5 which this has started. Today , progress is as follows:

    a) the correction of the ADF needle not working .................................................. .............. 100 %
    b) facilitation of the rudder rods that were anything in exterior view ........................................ 30 %
    c ) modification of the process to turn it into Texas Taildragger .............................................. 70 %
    d) modifying pilot & co - pilot harness .................................................. .............................. 50 %
    e ) adding improved textures normal maps among others .................................................. ..... 50 %
    f) a new file to get the air engine 100HP to 150HP = D .................................................. ......... x %

    Last week , the front was advanced to the amounts of the wings and the tailwheel was completely modeled , there is however to "map" tailwheel and animate springs that dampen the rotational movement of the wheel.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CqJ4S.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	3836

    Today, the emphasis has been on creating normal maps they are added to the existing textures and setting Gmax parameters to achieve the desired effect. The tutorial had prepared David W. was used and was successful .
    Currently , two textures were processed normal maps the fuselage and the wings.
    The BUMP parameter used in Gmax was increased first to 100% then scaled 80% otherwise the effect is too strong and too much reflection.

    An another file GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds , has been added at the same time. It adds reflection effects of the environment on the textures look great = W thank you to him.

    Here the Australian texture from Greenhopper, expected effects :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	58qF.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	3837

    And an American repaint of Nastybeats :
    BUMP Parameter to 100%
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zmUYH.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	3838

    BUMP Parameter to 80%
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m2sSy.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	3839

    I think also work indoors in normal maps at least the dashboard and the background instruments .

Members who have read this thread: 115

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •