Midget Mustang Beta

Thread: Midget Mustang Beta

Midget Mustang Beta

On a whim I decided to upload what I have to date on this project. It's twitchy, but to me at least it's a fun plane to fling around the sky.
    Happy New Year!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-12-31_21-45-33-843.jpg 
Views:	795 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	2117
    Regards,
    Robert

Thanks Robert. . .Happy New Year to you also. Was wondering if you'd have a chance to go back to this one. Beauty to fly.

Blog Entries
    Thank you Robert...she is a Sweetie Pie! Happy New Year Amigo!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Thanks! It's another plane I look forward to flying when I return from vacation. These little single sweaters are always fun to use with my Orbx airfields and this one will be like a miniature fighter. My weekend is definitely going to be full in two weeks.

Thanks Robert, definitely deserves a sticky. Check it out HERE!!!
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Thank you Robert! I am very much looking forward to checking it out (being a big fan of all of your work!).
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Oh Wow! Su-Wheet looking jobbie here Robert. Thank you for all your efforts.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Thanks Robert!
    Downloaded and will fly this evening!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Thanks Robert!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

What a great way to start off the new year. Thanks Robert.

Thanks. Is this in the warbird library? If so I cannot find it. In fact I rarely can find anything. I wish that thing could get an overall. Separating planes by american, british etc.... that's odd. Can't we just see all FSX planes and sort by date uploaded or number of downloads etc?

If this is possible I don't know how to do it and would love some help.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Thanks. Is this in the warbird library? If so I cannot find it. In fact I rarely can find anything. I wish that thing could get an overall. Separating planes by american, british etc.... that's odd. Can't we just see all FSX planes and sort by date uploaded or number of downloads etc?

If this is possible I don't know how to do it and would love some help.
    Scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see "New Entries"

Rick
    Link:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3&linkid=17905

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Robert,

I had followed this model's development a while now with great anticipation. Thank you for releasing it as Beta. It's very nice even in it's current form! Is there any way we can help you in feedback for further development purposes?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for the link
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Very nice and thank you Robert!
    The only thing wrong I can see as of now is the position of the wing lights.
    Keep up the good work.
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

A wonderful New Year gift Robert, thank you so much. I have waited a long time to be able to create one of my two favourite British registered midget racers, G-ASSV (the other is Cosmic Wind G-ARUL). 'SSV was a Texan-built Kensinger KF which was raced in the mid-60s by Paul Bannister. She was written off in July 1969 by Milton Blair(of Cosmic Wind fame) who perished in the crash.
    I know you may wish to make modifications to the texture files Robert, but I could not resist having a go at painting 'SSV just for my own amusement and it will probably never be released.
    I really love throwing this model around the sky!

Peter Watkins
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19583538 (1024 x 576).jpg   19540482 (1024 x 576).jpg   19623927 (1024 x 576).jpg  

Robert,

Very nice indeed - a much needed aeroplane for the simulator world. Can see myself getting lost very quickly in this (even when having the GPS switched on!). I presume the flight model still has to be tweaked as I get no swing on take off. Its not quite the aeroplane for short grass strips, so shall have to test her at an airfield where the length is longer than 610 yards.

Many thanks,

Martin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MM_1.jpg   MM_3.jpg   MM_2.jpg  

I'm really glad everyone is having fun with it. I'm keeping note of the comments made, thanks for the feedback.
    It will be fun to finish it off after I get done with my commercial project.
    BTW, that repaint looks great!
    Regards,
    Robert

Thanks Robert!!!
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

Thanks Robert. A very nice model that gives a very good impression of what a real one might feel like. Very smooth on the frame rates.

Spirited little bird and would be just the thing for an online racing circuit of some sort, if those type things worked smooth enough to support such an event.

I see one repaint on this thread. Would be good to see more for this. I can't paint though.

I would like to point out that a very nice, although not perfect sound alias for this nice little formula one type plane, is the, NEOQB DR1 Fokker Triplane, which has within it's sound wavefile set some VW sound waves.

It is not a perfect sound alias, but it really gives that, VW coupled with a short wood prop sound, that has energy, especially good on the exterior fly-by passes.

So if you happen to have the freeware NEOQB DR1 Fokker Triplane in your hanger, give it an alias try out. I find it really enhances this very nice little Midget Mustang. It's not as great inside but on the fly-bys it is extremely nice as well as a Hot little sound on idling and taxying.

This plane is a keeper, thanks again Robert, you modeled her very well and in the flight characteristics.

Members who have read this thread: 94