Orbx - FTX: Global VECTOR - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Orbx - FTX: Global VECTOR

Thanks YoYo.
    Mike

Rather than opening a new thread I thought I'd bump this one. I have a query. Have I got this correct. If you are quite content to fly within the various Orbx packages then you don't actually require Vector? I have most of the Orbx US and UK area packages as well as FTX Global and to be honest I rarely stray out of those regions. So would Vector actually provide any benefit to me?
    "There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
    — Douglas Adams, 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'

Depends, if you fly tube liners no, but if you fly GA low level yes. Vector is a world wide upgrade where avlaiable. here in Aus apparently its not much good as we dont have ghood vector data, but i dont just fly here.
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

The regions come with their own vector, landclass, textures and mesh. They are an all-in-one package with more hand-crafted details. In those regions none of the "Global" products will apply, neither Vector nor FTXGlobal, nor OpenLC. The "Global" products are for the world outside the FTX regions.
    The only exception is the Australia region AU SP4 which does not have a mesh included (freeware Holgermesh required).
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Quote Originally Posted by vora View Post
    The regions come with their own vector, landclass, textures and mesh.
    This is a I suspected. Being more of a GA flyer, then, it appears Vector would offer me no benefit at all. The only reason I picked up FTX Global was to make the borders of the Orbx regions less obvious, and to make the few times I stray out of those regions more bearable.
    "There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
    — Douglas Adams, 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'

Oh but it does... I have global and vector.. it makes non orbx regions, (Ie, everywhere else) a HELL of a lot better for GA! with open landclass, its stunning! I mean, this is Austria, open LC, Vector and Global... Its IDEAL for GA flying!

+1 with Firekitten! It only takes (especially Open LC) a helluvah lot of diskspace!

Dumonceau

Members who have read this thread: 77