CFS2 WWI Missions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CFS2 WWI Missions

CFS2 WWI Missions

Finally got WWI setup and somewhat running. Does ok in freeflight and combat, but when try to load the missions from AeroCrate http://www.aerocrate.com/campaign.html says can't locate mission files or they are corrupt files. Anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions..

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Flier View Post
    Finally got WWI setup and somewhat running. Does ok in freeflight and combat, but when try to load the missions from AeroCrate http://www.aerocrate.com/campaign.html says can't locate mission files or they are corrupt files. Anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions..
    Some questions and things to check...

Did you follow Gary's install instructions? make sure you follow the part about the mission installation.

do you have all of the planes? did you rename any of them? if you do have them then DO NOT rename any of them.

it sounds like something might be missing. Did you add the GSL scenery? there are two ways to do that. the easiest way is to take aerocrate's cfs2.gsl and copy it over the stock cfs2.gsl. the other was is to add aerocrates gobs with the gsl manager.

double check your scenery install. make sure you downloaded and installed all of the required files.

is it the british or german missions that are not working? or both?
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    Some questions and things to check...

Did you follow Gary's install instructions?Yes make sure you follow the part about the mission installation.

do you have all of the planes?Yes did you rename any of them? No if you do have them then DO NOT rename any of them.

it sounds like something might be missing. Did you add the GSL scenery?Yes A file there are two ways to do that. the easiest way is to take aerocrate's cfs2.gsl and copy it over the stock cfs2.gsl. the other was is to add aerocrates gobs with the gsl manager. What is and where is this gsl manager

double check your scenery install. make sure you downloaded and installed all of the required files.

is it the british or german missions that are not working? or both?Both

Thanks I did the above but will do again see if it changes It said it couldn't find a plane, but it is in the aircraft folder.....

Here are 2 screen shots showing error msg. and Scenery (is that all should be there?)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot140.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	199.1 KB 
ID:	1885Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot141.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	1886

Alos looked on Martin web site didn't see a gsl manager.....

the gsl manager is in with the gsl file. its a little exe program. run it then choose the aerocrate gsl. then you add it. it will say x# of gobs added. then you original cfs2.gsl file will be larger.

a couple other questions...

did you run cfs2 before you started to add the scenery?

did you add all of the objects? buildings and such.

did you remove the stock missions?

maybe someone else has an idea.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

the gsl manager is in with the gsl file. its a little exe program. run it then choose the aerocrate gsl. then you add it. it will say x# of gobs added. then you original cfs2.gsl file will be larger.

a couple other questions...

did you run cfs2 before you started to add the scenery?

did you add all of the objects? buildings and such.

did you remove the stock missions?

maybe someone else has an idea.
    Here is what the gsl file looks like; can't read it
    Attachment 1903

its telling you all of the objects and locations. not something you want to mess with.

here are the install instructions

Part1

INSTALLATION
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This campaign is designed to install over a stock installation of CFS2. It will
    replace many files used by CFS2 such as the quick combat file. Experienced users
    may wish to select which files they wish to replace. I do advise the you make a
    backup of the current installation so files can be restored at a later time. I
    maintain several configurations so I can easily change between WWI, WW2 Pacific,
    WW2 Europe, WW2 Eastern Front, etc.

The files you will need to run the 1916 Campaign are:
    AeroCrate 1916 Campaign UIRES_Ger.zip
    AeroCrate 1916 Campaign UIRES_RFC.zip
    AeroCrate 1916 Campaign Scenery.zip
    AeroCrate 1916 Campaign Misc.zip
    AeroCrate 1916 Campaign 3rdPartyAC.zip
    AeroCrate 1916 Campaign Missions.zip
    AeroCrate Airco D.H.2
    AeroCrate Albatros D.II
    AeroCrate Albatros D.III [for sound alias]
    AeroCrate BE2c
    AeroCrate BE2c Bomber
    AeroCrate Fokker E.III
    AeroCrate Halberstadt D.II
    AeroCrate LVG C.II
    AeroCrate Nieuport 11 RFC
    AeroCrate Nieuport 12 RFC
    AeroCrate Nieuport 16 RFC
    AeroCrate Nieuport 17 [for sound alias]
    AeroCrate Nieuport 17 RFC
    AeroCrate Parseval Baloons

Over a clean installation of CFS2, unzip the files directly into your Combat
    Flight Simulator 2 directory, or if you wish, unzip them to a temporary
    directory and copy them manually to the Combat Flight Simulator 2 directory.
    This action will overwrite the existing files so you may want to backup your
    current installation before you install this software. This can be done by
    simply copying the entire Combat Flight Simulator 2 directory to another
    location, or burning it to a CD/DVD.

Now you must enable the WWI scenery and you will be ready to go. Don't worry, it
    is quick and quite painless. Add the four scenery areas by:
    1. Start up CFS2 and click the Settings button
    2. Click the Scenery Library button
    3. Click the Add Scenery button
    4. Navigate to the directory SCENEDB\Flanders directory and select it
    5. Click the Add Scenery button
    6. Navigate to the directory SCENEDB\WWIBkgnd directory and select it
    7. Click the Add Scenery button
    8. Navigate to the directory SCENEDB\WWIRoads directory and select it
    9. Click the Add Scenery button
    10. Navigate to the directory SCENEDB\WWIRiver directory and select it

Part2
    Scenery:

INSTALLATION
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Backup your CFS2 installation before proceeding. No uninstall is provided.
    Unzip this file directly to your root level c:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\
    Combat Flight Simulator 2 directory or unzip it to a temporary directory and
    copy the SCENEDB, TEXTURES and INFO directories to your CFS2 root directory.
    The included airbases.dat file includes all of the stock CFS2 airfields and
    the AeroCrate fields contained in this archive. The airfields will show up in
    free flight, quick combat, and the mission builder.

Aerodromes ID Location
    ---------------- ------ ---------------------
    Abeele 8717 N50 49.26 E2 40.32
    Amiens 8200 N49 51.84 E2 17.56
    Auxi-le-Chateau 8701 N50 14.29 E2 7.56
    Bailleul 8715 N50 44.13 E2 44.73
    Bailluel-Asylum Gr 8716 N50 45.50 E2 44.50
    Bertangles 8702 N49 58.93 E2 14.30
    Bertincourt 8720 N50 5.4333 E2 58.8167
    Bruay-eu-Artois 8703 N50 28.355 E2 33.23
    Cachy 8704 N49 46.67 E2 30.40
    Cambrai 8705 N50 9.98 E3 18.34
    Cappy 8706 N49 52.12 E2 45.70
    Douai 8707 N50 22.58 E3 2.95
    Favreuil 8708 N50 10.08 E2 50.67
    Fienvillers 8718 N50 7.17 E2 13.48
    Lille 8710 N50 33.47 E3 6.27
    Noex-le-Mines 8711 N50 28.69 E2 41.81
    St Pol-sur-Ternois 8713 N50 22.39 E2 23.63
    St. Quentin 8719 N49 47.55 E3 19.39

GSL Scenery Notes:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Two GSL scenery files are included. If you are not using any custom GSL scenery
    just replace your current CFS2\GSL\cfs2.gsl file with the one included. If do
    have custom gsl scenery loaded that you wish to keep, use the utility by Martin
    Wright to merge the included AeroCrate1916.gsl file with your existing scenery.

Part3

INSTALLATION
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Backup your CFS2 UIRES directory before proceeding. No uninstall is provided.
    Unzip this file directly to your root level c:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\
    Combat Flight Simulator 2 directory or unzip it to a temporary directory and
    copy the UIRES directory to your CFS2 root directory.
    The included country.cfg file covers both the RFC and the German setup.

Thats all I could find.

The gslman is not in with the gsl files as I thought it was. Sorry about that.

If you have my scenery, I did include it. Your best bet would be to use the cfs2.gsl thats is in the scenery download.

Don't use the one in the tempscenery download. That was ment for future developement. I'm not sure how far Gary got with that.

You can try adding the SCENEDB\inf again.

Did you add the airbase doc in the info folder?

go though each part and see if you missed a step. other than that I'm at a loss.

Blood Hawk
    Thanks I've done the above twice, and I noticed that the Bristol Scout came up with a problem, and said mission files were missing or corrupt. I just uninstalled the whole WWI folder and will try one more time...
    Thanks for the help will let you know how it goes..

Well just finished up and did the same thing.. tried something , I deleted the whole Mission & Campaign folders and replaced with the ones in download. The German mission #1 worked,British still says Error loading mission file. Either mission file is corrupt or formatted improperly
    Think I will give this one up and find something else....

Easy Flier,

Attachment 1916

When you install a new campaign, missions, scenery, etc., go to Computer and drill down to Combat Flight Simulator 2 hilite it and in the search box in the upper right corner search for filelist.dat, then *.cdp, and then index. As each search finishes, delete all of the files found and hit the back arrow and do the next search and delete all of those files.

Also, Attachment 1917 use this to manage your scenery config file after you deleted all of your filelist dat.

Then try again.

Just copy and paste the GSLMan into your GSL folder and the FSSC into the main CFS2 folder.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Easy Flier,

Also, with that error message you should get an error.txt in your main CFS2 folder down under the folders list.

That error text looks like this:
    [Mission file error]
    error=Unable to init unit 9786
    title=Tuskegee Airmen - Fardjouna ferry
    filename=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2 (MTO Late)\CAMPAIGNS\Tuskegee Airmen 3

What that error txt is saying is that unit 9786 is missing in a mission "Fardjouna ferry".

So, in that mission MIS file, I have to search for 9786. That will give me:
    [unit.0]
    id=9786
    type_id=3890
    name=%name_string.0%
    allegiance=7
    skill=1
    aggression=1
    payload=2

I then search for 3890, which gives me lots of hits until I get to the last one, which gives me:
    [unit_type.0]
    type_id=3890
    unit_family=1
    name=KM_P-40F_V1

This tells me that I probably have a KM_P-40F either missing a sound.cfg that is accurate or some other problem finding that aircraft.

The very first thing I would then check is that I have sounds in the aircraft sound folder. I do not alias sounds at all, EVER.

If it is not a sound problem, I use Morton's CFS2 utility program.

MKs_CFS2_util will show me in red text what aircraft is missing and I can replace it with another in my aircraft folder.

Hope all of this helps you.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog73 View Post
    Easy Flier,

Also, with that error message you should get an error.txt in your main CFS2 folder down under the folders list.

That error text looks like this:
    [Mission file error]
    error=Unable to init unit 9786
    title=Tuskegee Airmen - Fardjouna ferry
    filename=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2 (MTO Late)\CAMPAIGNS\Tuskegee Airmen 3

What that error txt is saying is that unit 9786 is missing in a mission "Fardjouna ferry".

So, in that mission MIS file, I have to search for 9786. That will give me:
    [unit.0]
    id=9786
    type_id=3890
    name=%name_string.0%
    allegiance=7
    skill=1
    aggression=1
    payload=2

I then search for 3890, which gives me lots of hits until I get to the last one, which gives me:
    [unit_type.0]
    type_id=3890
    unit_family=1
    name=KM_P-40F_V1

This tells me that I probably have a KM_P-40F either missing a sound.cfg that is accurate or some other problem finding that aircraft.

The very first thing I would then check is that I have sounds in the aircraft sound folder. I do not alias sounds at all, EVER.

If it is not a sound problem, I use Morton's CFS2 utility program.

MKs_CFS2_util will show me in red text what aircraft is missing and I can replace it with another in my aircraft folder.

Hope all of this helps you.
    Got the missions running using the Mks_CFS2 utility... It still is looking for the same planes , but loads the mission anyhow. Is there away to delete the non working aircraft?
    Thanks for the help

I will do a full install this week once work is finished.

were you able to get it working?

some of the missing planes could be the 3rd party aircraft. I found that i had to get a few of the other planes from the site that were not on the list. I think that that had to do with some of the later missions that were added.

Also check the sound Alias for each aircraft. make sure they are correct.

here is the list again of the needed aircraft. note that the 3rd party ones are not listed.

AeroCrate Airco D.H.2
    AeroCrate Albatros D.II
    AeroCrate Albatros D.III [for sound alias]
    AeroCrate BE2c
    AeroCrate BE2c Bomber
    AeroCrate Fokker E.III
    AeroCrate Halberstadt D.II
    AeroCrate LVG C.II
    AeroCrate Nieuport 11 RFC
    AeroCrate Nieuport 12 RFC
    AeroCrate Nieuport 16 RFC
    AeroCrate Nieuport 17 [for sound alias]
    AeroCrate Nieuport 17 RFC
    AeroCrate Parseval Baloons

were you able to get it working?

some of the missing planes could be the 3rd party aircraft. I found that i had to get a few of the other planes from the site that were not on the list. I think that that had to do with some of the later missions that were added.
    Yes it is working , have a little problem with missions as can't get to waypoint in time for some reason. Still playing around with it.
    Thanks

In your reality settings, make sure auto mixture is on.

warp and waypoints:
    If you are below 68kts you can not warp. Infact below that you wont have the waypoints. Just dive till you are around 72kts or so. Then you should be able to warp.

Got the missions running using the Mks_CFS2 utility... It still is looking for the same planes , but loads the mission anyhow. Is there away to delete the non working aircraft?
    Thanks for the help

Yes, use MKs_CFS2 utility to do that also. Highlite the unused planes in the left panel and move them to the right panel. (just the reverse of how you added planes).

Then, once you have done that, go into your aircraft folder and delete them there also. Just make sure none of the other aircraft are aliased to the ones you delete.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

In your reality settings, make sure auto mixture is on.

warp and waypoints:
    If you are below 68kts you can not warp. Infact below that you wont have the waypoints. Just dive till you are around 72kts or so. Then you should be able to warp.
    I must be doing it wrong. Mission 2 British says to join up with the B2e and cover. I can't get to it as it keeps moving away from waypoint. By the time at get to altitude 5000' I don't even see it. Maybe I'm using the wrong plane for the mission????
    I don't know

I must be doing it wrong. Mission 2 British says to join up with the B2e and cover. I can't get to it as it keeps moving away from waypoint. By the time at get to altitude 5000' I don't even see it. Maybe I'm using the wrong plane for the mission????
    I don't know
    are you useing the Nieuport 11? the BE2 doesn't go much faster then 70 kts. though if you take to long to climb it will leave you behind. Warping once can help you get to alt and speed. but you have to get above the min warp speed.

are you useing the Nieuport 11? the BE2 doesn't go much faster then 70 kts. though if you take to long to climb it will leave you behind. Warping once can help you get to alt and speed. but you have to get above the min warp speed.
    Yep.. When I go above 70 I get a blue line to waypoint,but havn't seen thePress X to go to next action. When I click the W key says warp not available

Yep.. When I go above 70 I get a blue line to waypoint,but havn't seen thePress X to go to next action. When I click the W key says warp not available

Its between 70 and 78kts. as soon as you get the blue line hit "X". You should be able to warp then.

did you turn on the auto fuel mixture? on the older plane this helps. when you get to the Nieuport 17 and some of the faster planes you will have an easier time.

also use the trim to set for level flight. not all WWI planes had trim but Gary added it to all of the planes.

If you want a faster mount then try the Nieuport 16. its an up engined Nieuport 11.

Its between 70 and 78kts. as soon as you get the blue line hit "X". You should be able to warp then.

did you turn on the auto fuel mixture? on the older plane this helps. when you get to the Nieuport 17 and some of the faster planes you will have an easier time.

also use the trim to set for level flight. not all WWI planes had trim but Gary added it to all of the planes.

If you want a faster mount then try the Nieuport 16. its an up engined Nieuport 11.
    I noticed that the plane following me was a Nieuport 11 RFC I think and mine says Nieuport 11..

I don't have anything in cockpit that works,where is the trim????

I noticed that the plane following me was a Nieuport 11 RFC I think and mine says Nieuport 11..

I don't have anything in cockpit that works,where is the trim????

I have buttons set on my controler. I think the default buttons are NUM 7 and NUM 1. that might be on the number pad. look for elevator trim up and down.

Members who have read this thread: 11