Question on cfs3 multiplayer

Thread: Question on cfs3 multiplayer

Question on cfs3 multiplayer

I have two xp pc's with cfs3 loaded. Each works well for single player mode.

I can connect them via crossover Ethernet cable or ethernet connection to a router network. Is there anyway to get multiplayer to work between the two PC's? My friend and I would like to fly against each other. Sometime ago I was able to do this using cfs1 or 2...but don't remember how I did it (fog of war or old age I guess).

Would appreciate any help...thanks in advance.

Hello Vietvet,

You can fly CFS3 in multiplayer using IP to IP connections: online multiplayer games posted at sim-outhouse.net use this method.

You must update your two CFS3 installations to CFS3.1a – the details are in the sticky thread Combat Flight Simulator 3 - Patches and SDKs at the top of this forum page. Both CFS3.1a installations must have the same aircraft without add-ons or omissions: if they're both standard CFS3 installations then it's no problem, if you have add-ons then both installs must have the same add-ons.

Then get the IP addresses of your two machines on the network you have so each machine can find the other. One machine hosts the multiplayer session - set up from the Multiplayer tab in the game, Host Game section. The other machine logs on to the session from Multiplayer tab, Join Private Game: this is where you enter the IP address of the hosting computer.

That's the basics. Any other problems just yell. And welcome to the forum!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Thanks Much!

Thanks for the info. The IP thing rang a bell when I read it.

I'll give this a try in the next few days.

Got it working!

Thanks hairyspin,

I got the PC's connected via a crossover cable, CFS3 upgrades loaded and used IP's as you suggested. I still could not connect, but got a pop up that my ms windows firewall blocked connection. I disabled the firewalls on both pc's and everything worked!

Thanks again for the help.

Vietvet

Members who have read this thread: 13