MV 407 Released - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MV 407 Released

Fred Naar is working with Milviz on making HTR "built in" so it wont be necessary to use his external version.
    -JB

Helicopter Total Realism? How does it make it more realistic? As it stands now (for me) they are hard enough to fly at full slider realism. Although I am getting better at not crashing so much. How does HTR change the flight dynamics. Another thing comes to mind. If HTR is built in, I hope there is also the option to disable it to fly without it if the user desires.

I'll be testing the Bell 407 (amongst other aircraft) out while at a friends house party over New Years Eve. Once I sit in the chair, I'll likely not get me out of the seat for a while. Santa got him a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog that will also add to the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    Fred Naar is working with Milviz on making HTR "built in" so it wont be necessary to use his external version.
    Well, that sounds quite promising. Where might I be able to follow progress or updates about that?

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Of course TG probably said the same thing about the 737-200....

this is is an outstandingly fine flying chopper!

Cheers. Tom
    Yep, I did! Why didn't that darn 737 have a bambi bucket???

Quote Originally Posted by flewpastu View Post
    Any Pics available, Ive looked at the Paint kit, it seems like it could be complicated to figure out But I would give it a try

Bill
    Tonight when I'm able to get on my desktop I'll post some.

People really need to move on about sizes of pilots that are included with models. Did your wives do a line-up and package check comparison before they said "I do"

*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    People really need to move on about sizes of pilots that are included with models. Did your wives do a line-up and package check comparison before they said "I do"

*sigh*

if it detracts from the otherwise realistic model, then what's the harm pointing it out?
    Last edited by kdfw; December 28th, 2013 at 22:05.

Quote Originally Posted by kdfw View Post

if it detracts from the otherwise realistic model, then what's the harm pointing it out?
    Detracts from the package? uh boy. I fail to see any point basing a judgment on what people "should" look like.

I'll keep this bit of info in mind when modeling my pilots for my models. I'll be sure to to make them all dysfunctional misfits

I am one of those wierdos who could care less about the external model.I never made a screenshot in my life.Now a sterile,brand spanking new shiny,glossy untouched cockpit we got problems.Cheesy window reflections and hearing birds chirping from the scenery over a turbine engine,yup I get ill.Pilot size not so much.But once you break the $40 barrier yeah I can see being picky.I see no problem at all of a customer bringing ANY issue they have up.Ask nicely and if the developer does not fix it then eventually another simmer will.Especially from these guys I have no doubt all issues will be looked at.Now the other heli developer.......Take what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by griphos View Post
    Well, that sounds quite promising. Where might I be able to follow progress or updates about that?
    Milviz forums or milviz facebook or such....
    -JB

Perhaps i might weigh in on the topic of the pilot, i am the guilty one , actually he was inspired from a picture seen on facebook , the party in question was on a recon mission and pictured in a cockpit with the Ray Bans grinning madly , in his early twenties, perhaps 5'8 and nearing 140 lbs when wet our muse for this figure isnt a football player, though he shall remain nameless, he is forever immortalized at the controls.

All the images and videos I've seen depict the scenario fine. My harp is only that people (including pilots) come in different sizes. Even if some require a booster seat and pedal extensions to get the job done. I like the look of the model package and I can't wait to get a hands on at the New Years gathering. So much so that my family is arriving early so I have ample time to, uhem, socialize (play. )

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    As soon as I can afford it, I am picking it up. Beautiful model work.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

picked up the 407 tonight.

looks really promising, however, two issues:

1. hover attitude seems to be off. while hovering (gs=0kts, 0 wind), attitude is not slight nose up as it should be, the rotor disk tilts forward. i think this is a mdl issue, fixed by setting rotor mast vertical instead of using the skids (parallel to ground) as reference at rest.

hover attitude
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hvrpitch-407.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	2069

Name:	mdl_hvr.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	2068
    cera's 222 and area51 oh58d had this problem, fixed by using htr profile.

2. adi in the vc doesn't follow the deck angle. the adi reads about 5deg nose up but in reality, the external model is showing something like 35deg. issue for both nose up and down.

Name:	deckangle_vc.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	2071

Name:	deckangle_ext.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	2072

lastly assigning a dx10 key for force trim is problematic if the hotas keys are all assigned to fsx key strokes. wish there is a way to assign key stroke for force trim...

crud, another thing, rxp gns530/430 are both dark at night. need light map for them. fsx default 'gps' has night lighting.

Problems should go to the support forums....
    Last edited by Naruto-kun; December 31st, 2013 at 01:38.
    -JB

Members who have read this thread: 159