Classics Hangar Fw190D-Ta152H Released - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Classics Hangar Fw190D-Ta152H Released

Returning satisfied customer but wondering when Simmarket gets it. Being able to go to them and easily download any purchases I ever made makes reinstall painless and worth the extra $$.
    Looks like a real beast to handle and I cannot wait to fight it.

Early in the new year, JIMJAM, but if permanent access is your decision factor you can as well order in the Classics Hangar Shop because our downloads do not expire.
    If you ever reach the 10 downloads limits just howl and we reset the counter.
    Mathias

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Hello Mathias,
    Indeed, I can throttle up more than I thought initially. 3000 rpm is still a but much for me but i'll get there. She is a joy to fly!

Thanks Mathias for the helping me out getting logged back in so I could buy this wonderful aircraft.Do you ever sleep?It was what,after 1 am here in SC east coast Got in a few quick flights and its a smooooooth flyer.Climbs like a b.o.o.h. also.

Still a long way from finished, but just to give you an idea of progress.

Were is the like button when you need it?
    Mathias

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

A nice one Jan Kees.

I'm afraid I ran into some serious problems. My humble PCis not able to handle the layered 4096 x 4096 textures, so I tried to convert them into 2048 x 2048. However no luck as this it exceed the capability from my PC as well.

Now I have reduced the canvas size layer-by-layer.......

So I'm afraid my repaint will only be available in 2048 x 2048 resolution, once finished.

Cheers,
    Huub

aww, bummer!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

BTW when you need inspiration, there is a nice example on page 79 from the book you gave me for Christmas....

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Hey stickshaker,

don't go higher than 3000rpm initially until you gain rudder authority at about 120 kph and use differential brakes.
    Again, go higher than 3000 rpm and you'll get kicked off the runway.
    That is a common theme with high performance aircraft, especially tail draggers. If you recall the many stories of old head Corsair pilots getting together outside to watch the newbie conduct his first taxi in a Corsair. They are all prepared for some hearty laughter expecting that the uninitiated Ensign will cob power to start taxi and end up spinning the Corsair! That's how much torque and p-effect those aircraft could and did produce! Having it sitting on the tail wheel just exacerbated the p-effect and the torque never relented.

The trick is to takeoff at below the critical power until you exceed the airspeed required to get sufficient airflow over the rudder so the rudder can counter any further increase in p-effect. This is also further assisted by the fact that when the tail comes off the ground, there is a sudden reduction in p-effect. You also have to anticipate that an apply a little less rudder pressure to coincide with the reduction of p-effect.

This is why flying a tail dragger has a bit more demand to it. So, what Mathias is describing is very, very realistic, and further reflects the accuracy of his virtual aircraft!

Ken

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Skyhawk, that is a nice explanation of the theory, the essence of which I knew, but I find it harder to keep the Dora in check than, for example, the A2A P-51, even with reduced power. I read in Eric Brown's book that German planes often had weak brakes, so it indeed seems realistic.<o></o>
    There is something else that struck me. Even at speeds of more than 400 km/h, when I put the nose in an attitude that I think would point the guns at a target straight ahead (judging by the position of the gunsight relative to the horizon), I always find myself losing altitude (judging by the VSI). I know that the Dora and Ta were meant to operate at high speeds, but I cannot remember that I had this issue with any other WWII fighter. Is this realistic?

very first attempt at a Papagai Staffel repaint, but as you can see, we still have a lot to do.....

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    A release without screenshots can't be called a proper release, so.........

Huub, what squadron used this paint? Never seen this before! Is it a training scheme?

Happy New Year to all at the Outhouse!

Sascha

Sascha, this is the fairly well documented D-11 of Platzschutzstaffel JV44 with the notto "Der nächste Herr, dieselbe Dame" on the left side.
    It comes stock with the package.

Mathias

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    very first attempt at a Papagai Staffel repaint, but as you can see, we still have a lot to do.....
    ....and in the meantime you released three paints without telling us?????

Niiiiice!

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...190d-9-jg-301/

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...g-54-black-12/

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...g-54-yellow-4/
    Mathias

These Dora's were part from Galland's Zirkus". Jagdverband 44 flew the Messerschmitt Me262, which was very vulnerable during landing and take off. Therefore these Doras provided top cover. This unit was officially called "Platszschutzstaffel" (Field protection flight) had many (nick) names but is currently best known under the name Papageienstaffel (parrot flight). The under surfaces of the Doras were painted in red and white to make them easy recognisable for the ground troops and had slogans on the port side of the aircraft.

The unit consisted out of 4 pilots; Lt.Karl Heinz Hofmann, Lt. Heinz Sachenberg, Hptm. Waldemar Wüpke and Oblt. Klaus Faber. (Perhaps a fifth pilot was involved Fw. Bodo Dirschauer).

Red 13, Faber's lucky number, was wearing the slogan "Rein muß er und wenn wir beide weinen" (In he goes even though both of us will cry).

Red 3 flown by Wübke had "Im auftrage der Reischbahn" (By order of the state railway) as he also had on his Messerschmitt Bf109E during the Battle of Britain.

Sachsenberg, who flew red 1 had "Verkaaft's mei Gwand 'I foahr im Himmel" (sell my clothes I'm going to heaven in Bavarian dialect) painted on his aircraft.

It is not known who was the regular pilot from red 4 but the slogan "Der nächste Herr, die selbe Dame!" (The next man, the same woman) might be an indication that this aircraft was used by more than one pilot.

There might have been a fifth aircraft wearing the slogan "Rein mit Sack und Flöte" (Bang in with bag and whistle), but there no pictures to prove this.

Normally they flew as a single staffel (4 aircraft) but sometimes they provided cover with 2 staffel (8 aircraft).

The repaint in my screenshot is made by Alessandro Biaggi and part of the original package.

Cheers,
    Huub

edit: Too late, but I hope my answer provides you a bit more background information

ouch, I completely missed the fact it was in the pack already. OK, saves me a lot of work, I'll tackle something else.

Happy new year everybody!

"....and in the meantime you released three paints without telling us????? "..... did you miss my screenies, Mathias?

Here's hoping we will see a Dortmann paint.....

Alessandro already promised us a yellow tail, which will be avialable at http://www.italianwings.it/ soon. And the one below can also be removed from the "to-do" list as it is nearly finished.

I'm still working on the weathering.

Cheers,
    Huub

Looking very nice huub! It makes for a interesting contrast with the painted/bare metal areas of the wing. Is it Josef Prillers last Dora you are painting?
    I have a profile of black 14 made by Claes Sundin and it shows slightly larger numbers and the w.nr 211016. I have no cross reference with real pictures.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Hi Jens-Ole, thanks for the remarks. I made this repaint based on profiles, which are not exactly the most reliable sources. Below are the two I used. The camouflage pattern on the wings, is more or less a standard pattern, based on "Red 3" flown by Waldemar Wübke. As you can see the aircraft number according to these profiles are 211018, but I have seen an equal amount of profiles and IL2 textures with the number 211016. So I really don't know and just made a choice.

The size of the registration numbers are based on the profiles as well. They are about 135% of the height of the panel in the port side of the fuselage. Originally I had them a bit bigger, but I reduces their size somewhere along the process.

I even don't know whether the aircraft really had the "Eagle tail" painted around the exhausts. When you look at the model behind the first link posted by skyhawka4m, you will see this model doesn't have the artwork. There are also some examples which show the "eagle tail"only on the port side.

The same is more or less valid for the paint saving pattern of the under surfaces. I added some colour on the flaps, but there are also people who

When you follow the rules of what is reasonable, you may conclude this aircraft was flown by Josef Priller. However from what I understand even the true experts are not sure about that. It was an aircraft used by Stab/JG26. The black 14 might be an indication that it was the follow up from Priller's black 13.
    But Frank Engemann has even added Priller's personal emblem on both side from the aircraft.
    http://www.hyperscale.com/galleries/...w190d9fe_1.htm

I know there are photographs available from this aircraft, however I have not been able to locate them.

Cheers,
    Huub

@ Huub: 100% historically accurate or just 98%, this is a very cool paint scheme I want on my HD ASAP! :-)

@ jankees: I enjoyed your screenshots but didn't see a release annoucement?
    Mathias

Thanks for enlightening me!
    Sascha

Members who have read this thread: 139