This Could Be Very Interesting - AnKor's Shaders - Page 26
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: This Could Be Very Interesting - AnKor's Shaders

Looks good Andy
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

no idea on these clouds they look ok ,,is mix
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shot06-03-17-16-28-19.jpg   Shot06-03-17-16-29-25.jpg   Shot06-03-17-16-29-26.jpg   Shot06-03-17-16-29-34.jpg  

First I feel this shouold be a sticky provided people keep to the point!

Second; how do I make the night darker with Ankor as it still seems too bright if I can see field outlines clearly.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

One thing that AnKor's shaders do that we don't always appreciate is that they provide different levels of lighting at night as well as in the daytime. If you fly when there is a full moon in the sky objects will be significantly brighter than on a moonless night.

AnKor will have to comment on how he is is setting the overall ambient light level at night, but the effect it has on the ground is controlled in Light.fx by #define GroundBrightness, and #define SunStrength effects both the Sun and the Moon intensity that it adds to the background of ambient light. I'm not sure where the ambient light effect on scenery objects is set.

As has been mentioned before, sometimes it's best controlled simply by temporarily turning down the brightness on your monitor.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I couldn't find #define GroundBrightness in the fx file although did see #define SunStrength. I have changed monitor brightness but don't like that approach. Daniel had done a lot of work on making nights darker but UI haven't ried those recently to see how they work with Ankor. So far I am talking about clear skies with stars but no visible moon.

#define GroundBrightness should be the very first line in Light.fx and is 1.0 by default. 0.5 makes the landscape a lot darker, but then the airfield scenery objects jump out as being too bright.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

My 1st line is //#define Winter_Heavy_Snow (using Notepad++)

Sorry, that' s a legacy parameter that has not been included in the recent upload packages, but it still works.

#define GroundBrightness 1.0
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I am using AnKors_Shaders_25_Feb_2017. Should I replace /#define Winter_Heavy_Snow with #define GroundBrightness 1.0 or just add that?

It would just be added.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

One of the most important threads of the past couple of years keeps getting lost.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by gosd View Post
    Almost there; when I remove Ankors shaders from the games they run well (in Win 10), but if I attempt to put them back in the game d3d8 and shaders30 are ok but not d3d8.dll that causes the game from not running "config override fie is either corrupt or missing" . Tried running the config file and updating it but no success. So I cannot get the Ankors shaders to work.
    Near the top of your ConfigOverrides.xml file there are a couple of entries that AnKor's 2017 shaders are looking for.
    <VersionNumberLowPart val="0"/>
    <VersionNumberHighPart val="589824"/>

If you have it working without the shaders, make a copy of the one in \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\ then try changing those entries to match for use when the shaders are installed.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    One of the most important threads of the past couple of years keeps getting lost.
    Why no sticky??????

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    Near the top of your ConfigOverrides.xml file there are a couple of entries that AnKor's 2017 shaders are looking for.
    <VersionNumberLowPart val="0"/>
    <VersionNumberHighPart val="589824"/>

If you have it working without the shaders, make a copy of the one in \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\ then try changing those entries to match for use when the shaders are installed.
    They are the same but the shaders still do not work and I still have to remove the d3d8.dll to avoid the game from crashing with the " The configuration override file is either corrupt or missing Please re-run CFS3. CFS3 will now exit " notice.

SOH-CM-2020
    Don't forget there is an entry at the start of the d3d8.ini that fools cfs3 not to try to update the configoverrides file? Is that mentioned in this thread somewhere?

The entry is:

FakeDriverVersion=1
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Found the solution : afther downloading DirectX 9.0c June 2010 I forgot to run the exect

Bumping this very important thread once again.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

The amount of critical information available in this thread still amazes me. Since it has never made it to stickie status, here goes another bump.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I know very strange, Tom can we sticky it please?
    John

Keep it coming!

The thread can be stickied.

I'll also make a couple of points for future reference:–

There are a lot of posts here with screeds of text file dumps. Gentlemen, please use the [CODE] feature to put these in a scrolling box. For example:–

Code:
    #define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 1
    #define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.12
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 16
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 6
    #define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 0
    #define COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION 1
    #define SMAA_DIRECTX9_LINEAR_BLEND 0
    #define USE_LUMASHARPEN 1
    #define sharp_strength 0.60
    #define sharp_clamp 0.04
    #define pattern 2
    #define offset_bias 1.00
    #define show_sharpen 0
    #define USE_BLOOM 1
    #define BloomThreshold 22.20
    #define BloomPower 1.98
    #define BloomWidth 0.12
    #define USE_HDR 1
    #define HDRPower 1.41
    #define radius2 0.78
    #define USE_TECHNICOLOR 0
    #define TechniAmount 0.11
    #define TechniPower 2.80
    #define redNegativeAmount 0.88
    #define greenNegativeAmount 0.88
    #define blueNegativeAmount 0.88
    #define USE_DPX 0
    #define Red 8.00
    #define Green 7.90
    #define Blue 8.20
    #define ColorGamma 2.50
    #define DPXSaturation 3.00
    #define RedC 0.36
    #define GreenC 0.35
    #define BlueC 0.34
    #define Blend 0.10
    #define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN 1
    #define RGB_Lift float3(1.00,1.00,1.00)
    #define RGB_Gamma float3(1.04,1.00,1.04)
    #define RGB_Gain float3(1.00,1.00,1.00)
    #define USE_TONEMAP 1
    #define Gamma 0.84
    #define Exposure 0.00
    #define Saturation -0.54
    #define Bleach 0.00
    #define Defog 0.00
    #define FogColor float3(0.00,0.00,1.00)
    #define USE_VIBRANCE 1
    #define Vibrance 0.50
    #define USE_CURVES 0
    #define Curves_contrast 0.15
    #define Curves_formula 2
    #define USE_SEPIA 0
    #define ColorTone float3(1.00,1.00,0.90)
    #define GreyPower 0.11
    #define SepiaPower 0.58
    #define USE_VIGNETTE 0
    #define VignetteRadius 1.00
    #define VignetteAmount -1.00
    #define VignetteSlope 8
    #define VignetteCenter float2(0.50,0.50)
    #define USE_DITHER 0
    #define USE_SPLITSCREEN 0
    #define splitscreen_mode 3

Secondly, has anyone heard of PMs? I always answer them and if you want to ask something, complain bitterly at being ignored or share a joke you know where to find me!

I might also warn you that a degree of pruning in this 600+ posts thread seems in order...
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Secondly, has anyone heard of PMs? I always answer them and if you want to ask something, complain bitterly at being ignored or share a joke you know where to find me!

I might also warn you that a degree of pruning in this 600+ posts thread seems in order...

Yes sorry Tom, and yea a lot can be pruned, most of the early screen shots could be chopped too, I think most of us know what the shaders look like now?
    Didn't realise how big this thread had got, but thanks for sticking it!

Now you can chop this reply!
    John

Keep it coming!

Ankor's Fall 2017 Shaders for CFS3

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3&linkid=23167

This incredible addition to CFS3 was begun by Andrey Korchinskiy in December of 2013 and was originally intended to become part of WOFF so that it could access DX9 functionality making it compatible with the SweetFX shader injector. Since then it has grown to be so much more that it's easy to forget that it still provides the bridge to using SweetFX in CFS3. It's major features are:

External Views
    Aircraft Self Shadowing
    Anti-alias Aircraft Shadows On The Ground
    Tree and Building Shadows
    Dynamic Lighting
    Environmental Reflections
    Horizon Line Haze Blending
    Eliminated In Cloud Square Border
    Bump Mapping
    Ability To Add Shading Textures To Aircraft That Don't Reference Them In Their Model File
    Realistic Water Rendering
    Cloud and Terrain Shadows
    Adjustable Field Of View Angle
    Adjustable Night Sprite Effects Levels
    Searchlights
    Self-Illuminating Secenery Objects
    Altitude Controlled Track Effects
    Tree Rendering with Alpha Transparency Effects

Cockpit Views
    Dynamic Reticles With Variable Range Settings and Dimmer Function
    Variable Mouse View Controls
    Mouse Scroll Zoom
    Cockpit Lighting
    Luminous Gages
    Improved TrackIR Image Rendering

Performance Enhancements
    Multi-Processor CPU Management
    Modern Rendering Optimizations
    Cfs3config.exe No Longer Needed Everytime Video Drivers Update
    Automatically Eliminates Dual Pass Rendering Conflict
    Auto Generates Mip Maps

*** Installation ***
    ***. PLEASE MAKE A BACK-UP OF ANYTHING YOU'RE GOING TO REPLACE! ***

These files are installed into the CFS3 main directory:
    d3d8.dll
    d3d8.ini
    Optional - suneffect.xml

shaders30 Folder containing
    Clouds.fx
    Fog.fx
    Generic.fx
    GroundShadow.fx
    Light.fx
    Models.fx
    RenderShadows.fx
    Scenery.fx
    SeaWater.fx
    Skybox.fx
    Terrain.fx
    Texture.fx
    TextureMagic.ini

Optional - effects\fxtextures Folder containing my modified water effects files
    h2od_01.dds
    h2od_02.dds
    h2od_03.dds
    h2od_04.dds
    h2od_05.dds
    h2od_06.dds
    h2od_07.dds
    h2od_08.dds
    h2od_09.dds
    h2od_10.dds
    h2od_11.dds
    h2od_12.dds
    h2od_13.dds
    h2od_14.dds
    h2od_15.dds
    h2od_16.dds
    59 assorted Dynamic Reticle Files

- effects\weather Folder containing my modified sun effects files
    sun.dds
    sun_corona.dds
    sun_glare_a.dds
    sun_glare_b.dds
    sun_glare_c.dds
    sun_glare_d.dds
    sun_main.dds

These files can also be easily placed into JSGME for easy installation and removal.

*** Warning ***

This package includes some of my personal modifications, including new water files in the Effects folder, and a couple of adjusted .fx files in the Shader30 folder, and the suneffect.xml. These adjusted .fx files include several new variables near their tops that will let you fine tune the look of some of the effects (explained in more detail in the Developer ReadMe). The suggested values are listed in the comments for the variable.

The foamamount value in SeaWater.fx is dependent on the water files you're using and is the cut-off brightness that switches the rendering animation from water to foam. Using a different set of water files than the ones I've included will most likely require you to change this value.

The TextureMagic.ini file has the list of my animated gunsite files already included. The bottom of this file is where you can make edits to customize what will be included or not in the auto-adjustemnt of special effect brightnesses at night to fit your particular installation.

I've also edited several settings in the d3d8.ini like the FOV that you may want to change to fit your particular set-up better since I'm running at an extra wide 3440 x 1440 resolution.

2017 Changes:
    Head Shake calculated from the cockpit and gunner station locations. As the aircraft maneuvers your view is shifted in response to the g-forces being experienced. d3d8.ini contains new parameters to control the intesity of this effect, and it can now be dialed up or down as a percentage or switched completely off as well.

The conflict with Dual Pass Render is now automatically corrected.

There is a new Dimmer function for the dynamic gunsight reticles.

Mouse Look activates in the cockpit when you move the mouse allowing you to dynamically change your view direction. If you stop moving the mouse it will rotate back to the default forward view direction after a preset time. Mouse look can be switched on/off in-game by clicking RIGHT mouse button and it starts OFF by default. So to use mouse look you will need to right-click the mouse once.

Mouse Scroll Wheel Zoom works like using the [ and ] keys. The step size and smoothness of the transition between levels is set in the d3d8.ini.

This version also fixes the old "sky-colored triangles at edges of the screen" issue caused by head rotation when using TrackIR.

Improved CPU utilization.

Altitude Controled Track Effects are now available so contrails only show up at their appropriate altitudes.

Self-Illumination capability has been expanded to allow even black surfaces to display a light map. This will let you have lights shown on parts of scenery objects like building windows.

A comprehensive set of user instructions and developer notes with example images are included in this package.

MajorMagee
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I had been hesitant to try AnKor's shaders because I thought it would be complicated and that I might mess my ETO install up. I can say that it is a very easy install. I did notice one thing. The first time I started the sim after running config I got the gray band along the horizon. I had left the dual pass render on as it was stated that it wasn't a problem anymore. Went back and turned it off and when I restarted the sim the band was gone. Out of curiosity I got out, turned on dual pass render, and everything was fine, no band. Since then I had to rerun config because I had changed the video source and discovered that with dual pass render on the gray band was back, but only on the first time I ran the sim. Not a complaint, only an observation.

I was blown away the first time I saw the sun's shadow go across the cockpit. Everything looks so much better with AnKor's shaders. Now to check out the contrails and dynamic gunsight reticles.

Thanks to all involved with this project.

Bob

I was just thinking. It might actually be possible to have cockpit damage effects with AnKor's shaders. IE blood on the windscreen, bullet holes in canopy glass/instrument panel glass, and various engine fluids on the windscreen too.
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!