This Could Be Very Interesting - AnKor's Shaders - Page 6
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: This Could Be Very Interesting - AnKor's Shaders

OMG!

Pat, just superb, that looks just like FS2004.....

And the other various water texs, are fantastic.

I'm so glad for you guys, with great ai and mission building anyway, and now with this shine effect. This is what CFS3 should have been like.

I wouldn't be suprised if M$ knew they could do it, just look at Fs9 shine/reflection, but the technology wasn't up to it, without further affecting FR's?

Cheers

Shessi

I believe CFS3 graphics was outdated even by 2003 standards, and at the same time it was still FPS hungry. I don't know how they managed to do that

And now for something completely different:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4-shLNwLyA

I've managed to create a working reflector sight. It is not yet fully compatible with all aircraft models, but it works (obviously it requires my dll to work).

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Master Ankor, that is amazing!!
    WOW!!
    Thank You!!

Wow! That was fast! Incredible work! It's hard to believe this is CFS3, but then again my ideas of what was possible and what was not with this sim have getting redefined a lot lately.

As we used to say, S!

Ankor, you'll just have to spill the beans on that one, this modeller would LOVE to include that with my CFS3 model.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

The screenies and videos are simply incredible! I would certainly love to see these improvements in my installs...unfortunately I am time and admittedly tech challenged. Will you pros develop an all encompassing package for these improvements?
    Cudos to all who are working to keep CFS3 alive!

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Ankor, you'll just have to spill the beans on that one, this modeller would LOVE to include that with my CFS3 model.
    Well, I intend to make it compatible with stock models, so it shouldn't be a problem to include with a custom model.
    Generally it will be a matter of setting glossiness for the gunsight glass to some special value - most likely via hex-editing the m3d, because I doubt GMAX will allow it to be set this way. My DLL will detect this "magic" value and apply the reflector code for this object. Simple, isn't it? And what is also important - has no side-effects for those who do not use my dll
    I will provide more details when I release an update which supports this feature.

Two notes, though.
    You may have noticed in my video that the reticle is clipped earlier than it reaches the left or right edge of the glass. This is because the reticle on P51D model is actually painted on a smaller square transparent object and that wider glass is just a decoration behind it.
    And second, more important: currently it only works with those models which have the gunsight glass (or that object which has the reticle on it) set straight. Tilted one like on Spitfire won't work right and I have yet to find a way to correct it, which may prove to be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by AnKor View Post
    ...You may have noticed in my video that the reticle is clipped earlier than it reaches the left or right edge of the glass. This is because the reticle on P51D model is actually painted on a smaller square transparent object and that wider glass is just a decoration behind it.
    And second, more important: currently it only works with those models which have the gunsight glass (or that object which has the reticle on it) set straight. Tilted one like on Spitfire won't work right and I have yet to find a way to correct it, which may prove to be difficult.
    Roger that Ankor, that will be very easy to work with. I'm already getting impatient, lol...
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by phrog_phixer View Post
    The screenies and videos are simply incredible! I would certainly love to see these improvements in my installs...unfortunately I am time and admittedly tech challenged. Will you pros develop an all encompassing package for these improvements?
    Cudos to all who are working to keep CFS3 alive!
    I second that - I hope there will be a SIMPLE guide perhaps with links to requisite files and an explanation of what needs to go where? For example I don't understand where Sweet FX fits, I thought Ankor said his mod was stand-alone? There are about 100 posts on this thread, and a sticky with a single post would be most excellent, pretty please?

Ankor has work going on improving things on several different fronts (seems like more every day). As it unfolds we will be working on a way to bring it to everybody with minimum hassle.

tweaked ,,,bit but seems best i can get not knowing much .......win8,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shot04-02-14-11-18-00.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	6221

Name:	Shot04-02-14-11-22-41.jpg 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	6222tweaked ,,,bit but seems best i can get not knowing much .......win8,

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketred View Post
    tweaked ,,,bit but seems best i can get not knowing much .......win8,

SWEEEEET

Does this work on Win XP? I keep getting a black screen then back to my desktop???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lewis11777 View Post
    Does this work on Win XP? I keep getting a black screen then back to my desktop???

Yes!

You need: Flight FX V1.0:
    http://riseofflight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34103

Ankors latest files: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.ph...Ma#Post3930178

1) Place Ankors shaders30 and d3d files into the root of your cfs3 install

2) Install and run flight FX and set it to register your cfs3.exe file

3) Make sure you have the latest DirectX files installed. - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=35

4) Youll need Major Maggees modified panoramic files from post #99

And that should be it. I've heard SweetFX mentioned but afaik it's not needed with the latest files?

You don't need Flight FX enabled to get the shadows and water reflections but it does have to have your cfs3 install registered.

Good to see your still around Lewis.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

One correction to what Pat Pattle posted: you do NOT need SweetFX or FlightFX at all.
    Those programs may be used with my mod to get some additional effects (bloom, more saturated colors, etc), but they are absolutely optional.

Two more things to try if it doesn't work even after the latest DirectX is installed (the link is in step #3 of Pat's post)
    1. Run cfs3config.exe and select your screen resolution again (though I believe I have fixed this problem some time ago, but it is still useful to check).
    2. Try disabling intro movie from cfs3config: File->Custom Settings and then Window->Overrides and check "Disable Intro Movie" there.

Blog Entries
    One correction to what Pat Pattle posted: you do NOT need SweetFX or FlightFX at all.
    Those programs may be used with my mod to get some additional effects (bloom, more saturated colors, etc), but they are absolutely optional.
    I suspected this and uninstalled Flight FX just leaving your files in place. However I was getting either a ctd or a freeze every time I exited cfs3. With flight FX installed but not enabled this doesn't happen. Maybe I have some conflicting files somewhere?

If indeed flight FX is NOT needed then that is even better! It's the shadowing and reflections that are the real deal here. You may just have saved cfs3 Ankor
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Maybe it was just a coincidence. I never heard of anyone having this kind of problems, and I don't use Flight FX when playing or testing.

Lewis, from post #102:

" try installing the latest update for DirectX 9 from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=35 "

AnKor, you are a genius, and have just allowed CFS3 to move into it's second decade. Thank-you very much!

(I will attempt this myself when the dust settles... )

Clive and gentlemen thanks as always for your great willingness to assist. Just got home from work, now off with the wife to eat supper. Will be back shortly to try the set up again.

Clive in now way implying that you are not a gentlemen also my good sir!

Holy smokes, this is incredible!

Outstanding Work Ankor!

Good job to major magee and and the others who helped tune this up. Thanks Clive for the step by step! Only thing I noticed is the aircraft no longer have a shine on the finish, rather a dull finish. Is this inherent or can it be fixed?

If you're in Win 7 make sure you have specular gloss enabled in the CFS3 shaders xml.

<ModelSpecularGloss Desc="Vertex lighting w/ Specular modulated by Gloss map"
    Lighting="True" SpecularEnable="True"
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.