This Could Be Very Interesting - AnKor's Shaders - Page 28
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1820212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: This Could Be Very Interesting - AnKor's Shaders

Here are the AnKor compatible xpd effects entries for the FFD_P-51B series of aircraft:

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="US_AAF_K14_gunsight" PosX="0.035" PosZ="-0.075" PosY="0.5675" Pitch="89.5" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="US_AAF_l3a_gunsight" PosX="-0.035" PosZ="-0.075" PosY="0.5675" Pitch="89.5" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="cockpit_light_uv" PosX="-0.475" PosZ="-0.5" PosY="0.60" Pitch="110" Heading="20" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="cockpit_light_uv" PosX="0.475" PosZ="-0.5" PosY="0.60" Pitch="110" Heading="-20" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_high_contrail" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_r" />
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_high_contrail" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_l" />
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Where can the FFD_P-51B series of aircraft be found ?

Airplane Model by Klass_o_44, and Skins by Alain95

Search the warbirds archive for Alain95, and you'll find quite a few.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Here are the AnKor compatible xpd effects entries for the DL series of Bf109 aircraft:

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_high_contrail" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_r" />
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_high_contrail" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_l" />
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="GR_OKL_Revi16D_gunsight" PosX="-0.0018" PosZ="-0.475" PosY="0.7533" Pitch="90.5" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="cockpit_light_uv" PosX="-0.15" PosZ="-0.8" PosY="0.60" Pitch="100" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="cockpit_light_uv" PosX="0.15" PosZ="-0.8" PosY="0.60" Pitch="100" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>

These can be found in the warbirds archive by searching for "DL Bf109G" or "DL Bf109G" and ndicki.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by AnKor View Post
    It is possible to simulate the lack of color in darkness using shaders, but I don't do that. It is usually called "HDR Lighting" and comes with some additional effects to simulate how eyes adjust for various lighting. I already (but very crudely) do this when the sun is in view.

Initially I wasn't proficient enough with shader programming to implement HDR lighting plus I wanted to avoid any dramatic changes. People might object when aircraft and ground colors they were used to for many years suddenly change to something different.

The closest you can do now is to change the first line in Light.fx from
    #define GroundBrightness 1.0
    to something like this
    #define GroundBrightness float3(0.5, 0.5, 1.0)

Those 3 numbers are multipliers for Red, Green and Blue channel respectively. Setting them like I shown above will turn all ground and scenery textures blueish which may look more night like. Facilities and airplanes will keep their original color though.
    There's also a "secret" option for d3d8.ini:
    FacilityBrightness=1.0
    Changing it will change the brightness of facility textures. However it is just one number and doesn't allow to alter the tint.
    From the thread on creating a less colorful, night only environment.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Here are the AnKor compatible xpd effects entries for the ETO Mustang Mk I:

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="US_navy_mk8_mod6i_gunsight" PosX="0.002" PosZ="0.50" PosY="0.690" Pitch="90" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="cockpit_light_uv" PosX="-0.475" PosZ="-0.5" PosY="0.60" Pitch="110" Heading="30" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="cockpit_light_uv" PosX="0.475" PosZ="-0.50" PosY="0.60" Pitch="110" Heading="-30" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>

The standard reticles are not a great fit for this models tall narrow reflector glass, so I selected one with infinite lines. Ideally this one should get a new reticle with a mask that fits properly.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

The +clight positioning for the ETO Lancaster cockpit is:

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="cockpit_light_uv" PosX="-0.575" PosZ="4.25" PosY="0.95" Pitch="100" Heading="20" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="cockpit_light_uv" PosX="0.575" PosZ="4.25" PosY="0.95" Pitch="100" Heading="-20" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    The +clight positioning for the ETO Lancaster cockpit is:

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="cockpit_light_uv" PosX="-0.575" PosZ="4.25" PosY="0.95" Pitch="100" Heading="20" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="cockpit_light_uv" PosX="0.575" PosZ="4.25" PosY="0.95" Pitch="100" Heading="-20" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>
    Do I have to make new +clight.dds files or just rename (not replace) the guage dds file to an additional file called gauge.+clight.dds ?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

What's intended is that the original gauge files stays as-is and that's what is displayed all the time day or night, and the modified version ending with .+clight.dds is what you will see as an overlay on top of that when the cockpit light effect is activated at night. The .+clight.dds version should look different than the original (not just a copy and rename) or you will see them at full daytime brightness when the surrounding dash panel is still being darkened by the nighttime ambient lighting. There are examples of the +clight versions included in the package I uploaded recently. In the case of the ETO lancaster almost all of the needed gauge files were already covered in the package.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

The position for the C47 cockpit +clight effect is:

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="cockpit_light_uv" PosX="-0.575" PosZ="5.150" PosY="0.85" Pitch="105" Heading="20" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="cockpit_light_uv" PosX="0.575" PosZ="5.15" PosY="0.85" Pitch="105" Heading="-20" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Hey guys,

New to the forums and CFS3 (played CFS when I was a young pup).

Loving what you can do with this old engine, I've got everything else working with the shaders as well as sweetfx but I'm having some issues getting the contrails for aircraft to activate at the right altitude. I've followed the instructions in the read me to the letter but they activate at any altitude and even on take off.

Also I'm trying to make a BOB campaign for myself by editing spawns of the ETO BOB. Any info on how spawns work would be very helpful as the only info I have atm is trial and error. (sorry if this is the wrong place to talk about this).

Cheers,
    Anonter

It would be helpful to see the effects section of the aircraft xdp file that is having the contrails on all the time.

There are some older versions of the contrail effect that were speed dependent.

There may also be a name conflict within the effects.xml that might be interfering.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

It would be helpful to see the effects section of the aircraft xdp file that is having the contrails on all the time.

There are some older versions of the contrail effect that were speed dependent.

There may also be a name conflict within the effects.xml that might be interfering.
    Thanks for the reply!

here is the aircraft.xdp (hurri mk2a)

<Effects>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_formation_yellow" PosX="0" PosZ="-2.32" PosY="0.77" MinVel="1" MaxVel="60"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_formation_yellow" PosX="0" PosZ="-2.24" PosY="-0.75" MinVel="1" MaxVel="60"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_nav_green" PosX="5.74" PosZ="0.4" PosY="-0.33" MinVel="1" MaxVel="60"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_nav_red" PosX="-5.74" PosZ="0.4" PosY="-0.33" MinVel="1" MaxVel="60"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_landing" PosX="-3.11" PosZ="0.68" PosY="-0.47" MinVel="1" MaxVel="55"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_landing" PosX="3.11" PosZ="0.68" PosY="-0.47" MinVel="1" MaxVel="55"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_landing_effect" PosX="-3.11" PosZ="0.68" PosY="-0.47" MinVel="1" MaxVel="52"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_landing_effect" PosX="3.11" PosZ="0.68" PosY="-0.47" MinVel="1" MaxVel="52"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_N_gtrail" PosX="-6.1" PosZ="-0.6" PosY="-0.32" MinVel="39" MaxVel="55"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_N_gtrail" PosX="6.1" PosZ="-0.6" PosY="-0.32" MinVel="39" MaxVel="55"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_N_gtrail" PosX="-6.1" PosZ="-0.6" PosY="-0.32" MinVel="80" MaxVel="82"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_N_gtrail" PosX="6.1" PosZ="-0.6" PosY="-0.32" MinVel="80" MaxVel="82"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fighter_exhaust_blue_flame" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_r"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fighter_exhaust_blue_flame" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_r_1"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fighter_exhaust_blue_flame" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_r_2"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fighter_exhaust_blue_flame" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_l"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fighter_exhaust_blue_flame" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_l_1"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fighter_exhaust_blue_flame" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_l_2"/>
    <Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_r"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_r_1"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_r_2"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_l"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_l_1"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_l_2"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="Shells0" EffectName="fx_shells_s" Location="emitter_shell_l_0"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="Shells1" EffectName="fx_shells_s" Location="emitter_shell_l_1"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="Shells2" EffectName="fx_shells_s" Location="emitter_shell_l_2"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="Shells3" EffectName="fx_shells_s" Location="emitter_shell_l_3"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="Shells6" EffectName="fx_shells_s" Location="emitter_shell_r_0"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="Shells7" EffectName="fx_shells_s" Location="emitter_shell_r_1"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="Shells8" EffectName="fx_shells_s" Location="emitter_shell_r_2"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="Shells9" EffectName="fx_shells_s" Location="emitter_shell_r_3"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_high_contrail" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_l"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_high_contrail" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_r"/>
    </Effects>

Look at the bottom of page 24 of this thread. That's what fixed it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mcbob View Post
    Look at the bottom of page 24 of this thread. That's what fixed it for me.

Thank you for that bit of information, I found the old entry and changed it with the new values but now I get no contrails.

I have the dds files in fxtextures and shaders30 and the highaltsprite settings in the texturemagic.ini are the default values.

Yes, there is no conflict in the xdp, so it most likely is the conflict in the effects.xml mentioned in post #600.

Remember that the entry in TextureMagic.ini

[HighAltSprite]
    tr_condenstrail_basis1.dds=7500|500
    tr_condenstrail_basis2.dds=7500|500

can be edited to set the starting altitude and fade-in distance to match the weather conditions you're trying to simulate. For the BoB campaign in late Summer and Fall the altitude would be perhaps be a bit higher that the Winter 24,600 ft I provided as a default.

http://contrailscience.com/fighterco...ver-kent-1941/

indicates it should be more like this for the Battle of Britain over London.

[HighAltSprite]
    tr_condenstrail_basis1.dds=8500|500
    tr_condenstrail_basis2.dds=8500|500
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Thanks for that! I've changed the values to 8500|500

Just hit 0 on the numpad to disable the effects and the contrails started showing but again at all altitudes. Kinda confusing considering I just deleted the old lines in the effects xml and pasted what you did.

Any ideas? As they don't show at all if i re-enable them.

You do realize those numbers are meters, not feet, That one caught me out as well.

It makes sense that they show at all altitudes if you disable AnKor's shaders, since his code is the only thing holding them back from being seen at lower altitudes. As far as not working with the shaders enabled it's a matter of being above the minimum altitude + the transition height for them to be at full strength (its' progressive from 1 to 100% over those 500 meters). The effect itself also has a bit of time delay in it to simulate the time it takes for the condensation to form, so the visible trail lags some distance behind the aircraft as well.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Ah that would be it haha thought it was ft, was thinking that sounded a little low for contrails!

Thanks gentlemen, all sorted now.

On contrails. I remember I used to have the old versions but I was sure they were in the effects section of the aircraft xdp files; especially the B17s; but I don't see any evidence in any of my US or UK bombers??
    I assume we still need to add effects to the xdps; I must have missed details on that.

Yes the xdp needs something like

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_high_contrail" Location="emitter_eng0_exh"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_high_contrail" Location="emitter_eng1_exh"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_high_contrail" Location="emitter_eng2_exh"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_high_contrail" Location="emitter_eng3_exh"/>

with the appropriate location name, or x, y, z coordinates defined to match the aircraft model .
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

can be edited to set the starting altitude and fade-in distance to match the weather conditions you're trying to simulate. For the BoB campaign in late Summer and Fall the altitude would be perhaps be a bit higher that the Winter 24,600 ft I provided as a default.

http://contrailscience.com/fighterco...ver-kent-1941/

indicates it should be more like this for the Battle of Britain over London.
    Interesting in that link people agreeing about chemtrails or even 'smoke'trails!!

Facility makers rejoice! Ankor is building a tool to improve FPS at airfields with high tree density, keep your eyes peeled: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.ph...60#Post4408960

One thing that would be beyond greatness would be having facility trees that look like the autogen trees. Uniform looks, you know. Anyone have any idea where the models are located?