This Could Be Very Interesting - AnKor's Shaders - Page 5
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: This Could Be Very Interesting - AnKor's Shaders

Just to document what I discovered working on this the file format can be either DXT1, DXT3, or DXT5, saved with the Cube Map option. (The optional Alpha layer does not currently appear to have any effect.)

The file is made up of six 256 x 256 patches representing each side of a cube. The sequence is looking East, West, Up, Down, North, South. Each one needs to seamlessly blend into the adjoining one or you will see a line along the boundary where they come together at NE, SE, SW, NW. It's easiest to draw a complete N, E, S, W 1024 x 256 panorama image, and then move each 256 x 256 direction patch into its proper location in the sequence along with your looking up and looking down images.

The far distant water reflections start at the mid-line of the patch and go up from there as the reflection get's closer to the viewer so anything you draw below that won't show up on the water.

The higher the contrast in the sky image, the more distinct the reflections become. Some amount of coloration comes through into the reflection and changes the look of the water, so you can have blue sky reflected on top of green water.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Pattle View Post
    I'm on XP and can't get it working
    I forgot to mention here - try installing the latest update for DirectX 9 from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=35
    It may happen that you don't have the latest one.

ps I'm l using your mouse view mod and liking it a lot, another break though. Thank you!
    Good to know that it is useful
    If only I had time to improve it further.

A good way to check the water collor is running in ETO era2 whatif the "ETO BOA Swordfish Cat Launch HH 038" mission witch features a raft with green dye. If the wather coller is too dark the green dye will not show.

the fx manager for this thing is good , got the shione want the colour id like blue more , likely by spending weeks shifting the variantions in this sweet fx config blue will come

its the fine tuning at least with win 8

heres what i got , again so far

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shot03-29-14-20-06-50.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	5976

That looks like the dark grey water color I was getting in everything before I changed the panoramic files.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

For now it's kind of up for people to experiment with, but rest assured Ankor's new water effects do work in CFS3 as long as you have the right textures to go with it, and a cohesive set of textures is currently in the works so that we can all enjoy it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot15431.jpg  

Blog Entries
    I forgot to mention here - try installing the latest update for DirectX 9 from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=35
    It may happen that you don't have the latest one.

That did the trick, thanks Ankor! It works in XP! My gfx is a lowly 8400GS so with SweetFX enabled my fps is at a crawl. However if I disable it there's not much of a drop except when in-cockpit and I still get the shadows and reflections.

I have black water though, does anyone have a set of files they could send me please?

CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

The files you need are in post #99.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

so far tinkler again it appears for now best i can get /// with tweaks in win8

good imho

many tks

Name:	Shot03-30-14-11-51-41.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	6033

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    WOW Joshua that is amazing!!
    I am very impressed!!

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    For now it's kind of up for people to experiment with, but rest assured Ankor's new water effects do work in CFS3 as long as you have the right textures to go with it, and a cohesive set of textures is currently in the works so that we can all enjoy it.
    All this has me completely fascinated..
    I really need to sort out why my Win 7 machine will not run using these files..
    WOW!

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    GOT IT!!
    Much rejoicing!!

This is from my Airwar In Europe set up of CFS3.
    From Master Jaycee, I think the water textures look really good now.
    Got it sorted out with multiple CFS3 set ups, one must have a separate SweetFX config in the main folder aliased only to this CFS3 .exe
    Don't work as well if you use a single SweetFX for all the various CFS3 and expansion config settings.
    At least in my Win 7 machine..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Airwar CFS3 001.jpg   Airwar CFS3 003.jpg   Airwar CFS3 004.jpg   Airwar CFS3 005.jpg   Airwar CFS3 006.jpg   Airwar CFS3 007.jpg  

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    In A Virgin ETO 1.40 it is much more Green looking then the other CFS3 "Airwar in Europe" install I have,
    But still isn't too nasty.
    Don't know which files to change between the "Airwar in Europe" and Stock ETO to make ETO look as blue as the "Airwar in Europe" set up??
    Yea having a ball here, this is SO Cool!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Virgin ETO 001.jpg   Virgin ETO 002.jpg   Virgin ETO 003.jpg   Virgin ETO 004.jpg   Virgin ETO 005.jpg   Virgin ETO 006.jpg  

all needed is a blue"""""" colour more , in any case ,,,,,,its down to lol

It's the cfs3h2o.dds file in effects/fxtextures that sets the color of the water.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

but changed the dds file and got great colour and shince and reflection ,,,,, imho , not green .....deep blue

thanks major ..... it works changing them

Name:	Shot03-30-14-23-46-25.jpg 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	6118Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shot03-30-14-23-46-37.jpg 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	6119

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Experimenting with all of this in ETO 1.40.
    Like the changes, have this dark blue that is kind of nice.
    Just playing around with it all..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ETO Test 2 001.jpg   ETO Test 2 002.jpg   ETO Test 2 003.jpg   ETO Test 2 004.jpg   ETO Test 2 005.jpg   ETO Test 2 006.jpg  

ETO Test 2 007.jpg  

works well now agree 101%

this works well now for us , the final cut seems excellent

Name:	Shot03-31-14-05-46-32.jpg 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	6130Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shot03-31-14-05-45-44.jpg 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	6129

Blog Entries

If you please

I can't with xp.
    Can you explain me how you put any files in ETO ?
    I have SweetFX but after...nothing !

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    All of this is on my Win 7 machine, I have not tried any of this in XP yet.
    ALL in Win7

I loaded everything into ETO 1.40 and made sure I had the directx9c runtime files in Win 7..
    You Must start the sim, using the SweetFX program not the master bat files(Era switcher) in ETO
    I have learned what ever ERA I want to fly with this loaded.
    I start ETO with the ERA switcher, the go the the ERA I want..
    I then shut down ETO and restart using SweetFX program.This ensures I have the water effects when it runs.

As I said Haven't tried this in my XP computer yet..
    Had to give it all a go in the WIN7 machine, where the "shine" is missing in the operating system and Directx 10..

Blog Entries
    I can't with xp.
    Can you explain me how you put any files in ETO ?
    I have SweetFX but after...nothing !
    Do you have the latest version of DirectX that Ankor posted a link for?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=35

Once I installed that it worked ok.

I sorted the water problem out, I still had some of Daniels environment texting files which were conflicting.

Now I think this looks bl**dy good! If you didn't know you'd never think it was cfs3 (apart from the dodgy modelling on the tail, oops)

CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

But you would recognise the authentic south coast water colour, Clive. That does look very good and the self-shadowing looks great: I'll have to try this myself when I get the project out the door!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Do you have the latest version of DirectX that Ankor posted a link for?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=35

Once I installed that it worked ok.

I sorted the water problem out, I still had some of Daniels environment texting files which were conflicting.

Now I think this looks bl**dy good! If you didn't know you'd never think it was cfs3 (apart from the dodgy modelling on the tail, oops)

Beautiful!! Well done, indeed!

the besy way is ;loading it all smacking it all in your cfs3..i have mixed advanced - i got cfs3-fp-eto all in one .....

then i slap in generfx,,,sweet thingie and all the updates ....and then play with majors addons , and see which one is best with wAter

so iadd

dx9 and dx8 folders and shaders and open and add as dllr , files , as is, then start the fxsweet conig thingie to start

but again what finsihed hte look was the tip from master major on the choice and one from the dds water updates he submitted

ALSO I REMOVED A FILE IN THE FX FOLDER OF EFFECTS ....

I think major , master ,emtioned something about cfs3h2Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shot03-31-14-20-55-04.jpg 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	6146o ... in fxtures controls colour ... i found one of em green outlined and all just removed it and he was right

all nice slender blue

Name:	Shot03-31-14-20-54-47.jpg 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	6145