This Could Be Very Interesting - AnKor's Shaders - Page 25
Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1517181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: This Could Be Very Interesting - AnKor's Shaders

Yea I see now, that fixed it Andy, thank you! Looks awesome now!

BTW thanks for pulling all this together for us!

What's coming next from this bloody genius Ankor?
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Again, I think I did all that (I noticed the difference between the effects) but still no joy for me . Could there be any other settings in some file or CFS3 Config that might affect the showing of these VFX?

So, let's start over; can anybody help me to the unedited, original version of effects.xml that came with ETO v1.50? (Really don't want to reinstall all that).

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Sorry, none my various copies of the Effects.xml in ETO are still original. Here's my latest version you could try.

Please make a back-up copy before changing anything.

ETO_Effects_XML_With_Extras.zip
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    Sorry, none my various copies of the Effects.xml in ETO are still original. Here's my latest version you could try.

Please make a back-up copy before changing anything.

ETO_Effects_XML_With_Extras.zip
    Thanks!!

But I got them working - And I am not proud to say (but not too proud to admit) that I made the classic, epic and ultimate fail by confusing feet (UI selection) with meters (TextureMagic.ini) . So I started QC at 10.000 ft which of course is too low for the VFX too kick in ... But since there are TV shows that center around this sort of pilot error (with usually deadly results) I am glad it is just a sim...

*** Helpful Tip ***

While the new contrails are a wonderful addition to the realism, they may not be appropriate for every mission (unfavorable weather conditions, tired of seeing them, etc.). The fastest way to disable them once you've added them to all of your higher flying aircraft's xdp files, is to bump up the minimum altitude to a very high value like 15,000 in the TextureMagic.ini entries. Then all you need to do to restore the effect when you want them again is to set it back to the default 7,500 (or whatever other value you prefer for a particular mission).

I have found that the contrails provide the human player with somewhat of an equalizer to the sometimes too perfect eyesight of the AI, but if you start to rely on it too much you can quickly get into trouble as the dogfight inevitably spirals down to lower altitudes.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    Interesting re contrails in WW II

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/joc.2392/pdf

There was some altitude variation related to current weather so contrails could appear even at about 6000 m. I imagine this would be true especially in some winter conditions.
    Here's one addressing the tactical implications and appropriate responses.

https://therealinstitute.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/naca-1942-contrails.pdf
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

So definitely lower in winter and pretty high in the summer. Makes sense!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Hi all,

Whenever I do a mission at night that involves airborne flares, they're not shown with Ankor's shaders turned on.

Yet, I can see the glow they make on the ground, but they just don't show up in the air at night. Same with "starburst" effects.

Has anyone had this before? If so, do you know of a potential fix?

Thanks,

Chris
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

The textures used by the effect need to be added to the [FullbrightSprite] list in the TextureMagic.ini file in the shaders30 folder.

No luck. I added flare1.dds to flare6.dds and air_flare.dds. These are all from effects/fxtextures

Still have no flare or starbursts. Same with firestorms when I use incendiaries and fires on my own aircraft.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Also, is there a way I can adjust the darkness level at night?

Thanks,

Chris
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

The old joke is to turn up the brightness on your monitor...

AnKor's code does include built in adjustments for moonlit nights to make them brighter, but there is no global value to adjust the ambient light at night that I can find.

I had similar difficulty with getting the photo flash and photo flare effects to work for the P-61 until I remembered to add the texture filenames to [FullbrightSprite]. After that it worked perfectly. Do you get any sprites at full brightness after dark, or is everything dimmed?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    The textures used by the effect need to be added to the [FullbrightSprite] list in the TextureMagic.ini file in the shaders30 folder.
    Off hand, do you remember if your TIs etc., had texture.dds files which one should add??

I can see a lot of fire,TIs,markers might now be a problem.

Post #22 of this discussion has some advice on creating an interesting new cockpit lighting effect.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...68#post1074568
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

The key to getting JSGME to work with CFS3 is that the MODS folder needs to be outside of CFS3.
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/...-Enabler.shtml

I have a single copy of the JSGME program installed, and then created multiple desktop shortcuts for each of my 16 CFS3 install locations.

Open the shortcut and set the Target location to S:\JSGME\JSGME.exe (or wherever you have JSGME.exe located), and the Start In: to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games" (or wherever you have the MODS folder located for one of your CFS3 installs).

For the normal location C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games the MODS folder is at C:\Program Files\MODS.

JSGME will create C:\Program Files\JSGME.ini the first time you run the shortcut.

Its contents will look something like this:

[MODS FOLDER]
    Name=MODS
    [JSGME DETAILS]
    FullPath=S:\JSGME\JSGME.exe
    [FORM SIZE]
    Main Height=529
    Main Left=396
    Main Top=693
    Main Width=676
    Main WindowState=0

Inside the MODS folder you will create folders that contain the modified files that you want to add or exchange with the originals.
    At the top level (1) the folder needs to have a descriptive name for the individual mod. (For example 25 Feb 17 Shaders - Bob, Weather Mod - PTO, etc.)
    At the next level (2) is a folder named the same as your specific CFS3 install. (Combat Flight Simulator 3, CFS3 PTO Rising Sun, DPC CFS3 Korea, etc)
    The next levels (3+) are all the various files and folders that make up the mod itself. These need to be structured that same way they are in the game directories.

As you add and remove mods it will write a file at C:\Program Files\MODS\JSGME.ini (I know, using the same name again is confusing, but that's what the programmer chose to do)

Its contents will look something like this:

[DEPENDANCIES]
    Feb 2016 Gunsight Shaders - PTO="25 Feb 17 Shaders - PTO"
    [MODS]
    New Composite Budgets - PTO - No Stutters=1
    Weather Mod - BoB=2
    Weather Mod - PTO=3
    Feb 2016 Gunsight Shaders - PTO=4
    25 Feb 17 Shaders - Bob=5
    25 Feb 17 Shaders - PTO=6

Don't mess with the !BACKUP or !INSTLOGS folders inside MODS or you will destroy the ability to restore the original state of your game.

*** Once you've created the level(1) and level (2) folders in the JSGME MODS folder, you can directly unpack everything in the the zip file for AnKor's Shader package there to populate level (3+). ***
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Interesting, thanks!!

I 'll see if I can put that to use!

Bumping to prevent being lost!
    John

Keep it coming!

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Icon26 John

Send you a file a few days ago, did you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo/4 View Post
    Bumping to prevent being lost!
    Still hoping for this to be a sticky!

Yes Ted, you have mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    Send you a file a few days ago, did you get it?
    John

Keep it coming!

Hi, I noticed in the release notes of the latest ankor package it says the head shake effect can be disabled but I'm having some trouble figuring out exactly what to change to turn it off? I read the readme a couple times over but maybe I'm missing the obvious. Thanks!
    ~Passion for flight~

In d3d8.ini

; Set to 0 to disable acceleration effects
    HeadShake=1

would become
    HeadShake=0
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    In d3d8.ini

; Set to 0 to disable acceleration effects
    HeadShake=1

would become
    HeadShake=0
    Hi, I played around with it some more. 0 didn't seem to work, it just exaggerated the effect massively. I found that -1 did end up disabling it. Thanks though!
    ~Passion for flight~

I've been going though all of my sky box textures and weather/cloud xml files to insure that they are tuned for use with AnKor's 2017 shaders. In particular, I'm adjusting the fog color to create a seamless blend at the horizon. AnKor did a fairly effective job of automatically eliminating the old grey band at the transition from terrain to sky, so my work is just an attempt to make the blend a little smoother and rebalance the color gradation from zenith to horizon to be more like what I see when I look out the window.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I've made a few other edits to some of weather xml files to eliminate the flickering line that forms when a cloud texture intersects the surface of the terrain. This was generally done only where it was quite noticable and was accomplished by raising the minimum altitude of individual cloud effect entries.

The cloud texture dds files have been checked and edited to eliminate any stray non-transparent corners or edges that may have snuck in the alpha layer.

I've also done a better job with smoothing the skybox files to reduce the speckling you see in the background sky and the seams at the corners of the box.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Smooth Blue Sky

Before and After Elimination of Gray Band at Horizon
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.