Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 141617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: This Could Be Very Interesting - AnKor's Shaders

Excellent!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

I have

been waiting for this ... the night raids will never be the same again!

We've run into a bit of a snag, but nothing we can't work out eventually.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I hope the contrails will work by a certain altitude. I remember years ago when they were first introduced into CFS3, that they would show up as soon as you started to roll down the runway! Never liked that, didn't look right.

One could set them by speed though.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

In a perfect world, when this package has all the kinks worked out, it would have an auto-installer so dummies like myself could install it........just saying.

Okay , we have it working as a Track rather than a Particle Effect now, but I ran out of time to put the package together and get it uploaded tonight.

The contrails start to become visible at 7,500 m and are full strength by 8,000 m and above. The altitude is a parameter in the TextureMagic.ini so you may change it as you like, but the default is accurate for the typical conditions over Europe in WW2.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Fantastic!
    John

Keep it coming!

I just uploaded a new version:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3&linkid=22449

This incredible addition to CFS3 was begun by Andrey Korchinskiy in December of 2013 and was originally intended to become part of WOFF so that it could access DX9 functionality. Since then it has grown to be so much more. It's major features are:

External Views
    Aircraft Self Shadowing
    Anti-alias Aircraft Shadows On The Ground
    Tree and Building Shadows
    Dynamic Lighting
    Environmental Reflections
    Horizon Line Haze Blending
    Eliminated In Cloud Square Border
    Bump Mapping
    Ability To Add Shading Textures To Aircraft That Don't Reference Them In Their Model File
    Realistic Water Rendering
    Cloud and Terrain Shadows
    Adjustable Field Of View Angle
    Adjustable Night Sprite Effects Levels
    Searchlights
    Self-Illuminating Secenery Objects
    Altitude Controlled Track Effects
    Tree Rendering with Alpha Transparency Effects

Cockpit Views
    Dynamic Reticles Variable Range Settings
    Mouse View
    Mouse Scroll Zoom
    Cockpit Lighting
    Luminous Gages
    Improved TrackIR Image Rendering

Performance Enhancements
    Multi-Processor CPU Management
    Modern Rendering Optimizations
    Cfs3config.exe No Longer Needed Everytime Video Drivers Update
    Auto Generates Mip Maps

These files are installed into the CFS3 main directory the same way as AnKor's previous versions.

This package includes some of my personal modifications, including new water files in the Effects folder, and a couple of adjusted .fx files (the originals are included with - Copy added to the names) in the Shader30 folder. These adjusted .fx files include several new variables near their tops that will let you fine tune the look of some of the effects. The suggested values are listed in the comments for the variable.

The foamamount value in SeaWater.fx is dependent on the water files you're using and is the cut-off brightness that switches the rendering animation from water to foam. Using a different set of water files than the ones I've included will most likely require you to change this value.

The TextureMagic.ini file has the list of my animated gunsite files already included too. The bottom of this file is where you can make edits to customize what will be included or not in the new auto-adjustment of special effect brightness at night to fit your particular installation.

I've also edited several settings in the d3d8.ini like the FOV that you may want to change to fit your particular set-up better since I'm running at an extra wide 3440 x 1440 resolution.

*** Warning ***
    You must turn off Dual Pass Render, and turn on the High Resolution Z Buffer, and Disable Shadows. in cfs3confing.exe.

Z Bias Resolution should be typically be limited to 15. Higher values can lead to some rendering problems on some systems.

Z Bias Flat effects should be set to 25 to reduce flickering of the bomb crater decals.

The CFS3 Default Water Detail Texture Size is 5 and the SeaWater.fx settings in this package are preset to match. Using a different texture size will change the appearance of the wave dimensions unless you adjust the values in SeaWater.fx to match.

Feb 2017 Changes:
    Head Shake calculated from the cockpit and gunner station locations. As the aircraft maneuvers your view is shifted in response to the g-forces being experienced. d3d8.ini contains new parameters to control the intesiity of this effect, and it can now be switched completely off as well.

Mouse Look activates in the cockpit when you move the mouse allowing you to dynamically change your view direction. If you stop moving the mouse it will rotate back to the default forward view direction after a preset time. Mouse look can be switched on/off in-game by clicking RIGHT mouse button and it starts OFF by default. So to use mouse look you will need to right-click the mouse once. This can also be temporarily disabled in game by going to an external view or holding down the "Alt" key in the cockpit.

Mouse Scroll Wheel Zoom works like using the [ and ] keys. The step size and smoothness of the transition between levels is set in the d3d8.ini.

This version also fixes the old "sky-colored triangles at edges of the screen" issue caused by head rotation when using TrackIR.

Improved CPU utilization.

Altitude Controled Track Effects are now available so contrails only show up at their appropriate altitudes.

Self-Illumination capability has been expanded to allow even black surfaces to display a light map. This will let you have lights shown on parts of scenery objects like building windows.

A comprehensive set of user instructions and developer notes with example images are included in this package.

MajorMagee
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Looking forward to this, thanks for all the hard work from everyone involved!

I tried the new contrail effects but in my install they are 'on' from the moment the engine starts, in other words; not altitude related... What could have gone wrong? I have added the indicated strings to the effects.xml, I copied the folders and other files into ETO v1.50 and added the strings to my aircraft .xpd (and deleted the .bdp).
    BTW, what is the second number in the .ini-file 7500|500 again? (And my contrails look different from the ones in your screenie: Mine seem bigger and 'intermittent', like a string of dashes)

An interesting tidbit I came across: I have tried to implement the dynamic reticle in a model that I am building and that gives a weird effect in some situations. When I select a target with the Tactical display open, everything is fine. But when I close the Tactical display with the target still selected, the reticle also disappears. When I close the display after deselecting the target, the reticle stays 'on'. How are those things related?

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Perhaps I botched the instructions. I thought I copied everything directly from my working ETO install.

Is there an entry in the TexturMagic.ini [HighAltSprite] section for the dds that matches the one you're trying to use for the contrail effect?

The second number is the distance that will be used to transition from no contrails (7,500 m) to full intensity contrails (8,000 m).

I've never seen any connection between the reticle and the tactical display before.
    Last edited by MajorMagee; February 28th, 2017 at 17:14.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

You need to be using the new February dated dll, and generic.fx files.

TextureMagic.ini has

[HighAltSprite]
    tr_condenstrail_basis1.dds=7500|500
    tr_condenstrail_basis2.dds=7500|500

effects.xml has

<high_contrail_1 ClassName="TrackEffect" FlatTrack="0" Lifetime="0" InitialDelay="0" ParticleLifetime="30" FadeInTime="5" FadeOutTime="25" PosX="0" PosY="-0.5" PosZ="0" CountSegments="2000" SegmentLength="12" Width="3.6" WidthGrow="1" InitialAlpha="0.0" InitialColor="255 255 255" Alpha="0.33" Color="255 255 255" FinalAlpha="0.0" FinalColor="222 222 255" BlendMode="QuadSprite" Texture="tr_condenstrail_basis1.dds" ZBias=".03"/>
    <high_contrail_2 ClassName="TrackEffect" FlatTrack="0" Lifetime="0" InitialDelay="0" ParticleLifetime="30" FadeInTime="5" FadeOutTime="25" PosX="0" PosY="0.5" PosZ="0" CountSegments="2743" SegmentLength="8.75" Width="3.6" WidthGrow="1" InitialAlpha="0.0" InitialColor="255 255 255" Alpha="0.33" Color="255 255 255" FinalAlpha="0.0" FinalColor="222 222 255" BlendMode="QuadSprite" Texture="tr_condenstrail_basis2.dds" ZBias=".03"/>
    <fx_high_contrail ClassName="GroupEffect" Effect0="high_contrail_1" Effect1="high_contrail_2" Effect2=""/>

the ETO_P_51d_100_45 aircraft xdp has these lines in the effects section

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_high_contrail" PosX="0.52" PosZ="2.2" PosY="0.0"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_high_contrail" PosX="-0.52" PosZ="2.2" PosY="0.0"/>

the effects\fxtextures folder has

tr_condenstrail_basis1.dds and tr_condenstrail_basis2.dds
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I was able to see the link between the reticle and the tactical display once, but then was unable to replicate it again after many tries. I'm not sure what the special circumstances were the one time it happened.

I also tried taking off and climbing to 30,000 ft, and saw no contrails displayed until I passed through 25,000 ft. Diving and climbing through the threshold repeatedly worked as it should have. The intermittent puffs make me wonder if there is something conflicting in the effects.xml. I tried to use new names for the effects and dds files, but maybe something is duplicated in your install. Can you do a word search to see if the names are reused by another effect?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Interesting re contrails in WW II

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/joc.2392/pdf

There was some altitude variation related to current weather so contrails could appear even at about 6000 m. I imagine this would be true especially in some winter conditions.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Andy where are these files located for download? I thought I had the latest, but looking at it I don't?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post

TextureMagic.ini has

[HighAltSprite]

effects.xml has

<high_contrail_1 ClassName="TrackEffect" FlatTrack="0" Lifetime="0" InitialDelay="0" ParticleLifetime="30" FadeInTime="5" FadeOutTime="25" PosX="0" PosY="-0.5" PosZ="0" CountSegments="2000" SegmentLength="12" Width="3.6" WidthGrow="1" InitialAlpha="0.0" InitialColor="255 255 255" Alpha="0.33" Color="255 255 255" FinalAlpha="0.0" FinalColor="222 222 255" BlendMode="QuadSprite" Texture="tr_condenstrail_basis1.dds" ZBias=".03"/>
    <high_contrail_2 ClassName="TrackEffect" FlatTrack="0" Lifetime="0" InitialDelay="0" ParticleLifetime="30" FadeInTime="5" FadeOutTime="25" PosX="0" PosY="0.5" PosZ="0" CountSegments="2743" SegmentLength="8.75" Width="3.6" WidthGrow="1" InitialAlpha="0.0" InitialColor="255 255 255" Alpha="0.33" Color="255 255 255" FinalAlpha="0.0" FinalColor="222 222 255" BlendMode="QuadSprite" Texture="tr_condenstrail_basis2.dds" ZBias=".03"/>
    <fx_high_contrail ClassName="GroupEffect" Effect0="high_contrail_1" Effect1="high_contrail_2" Effect2=""/>

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_high_contrail" PosX="0.52" PosZ="2.2" PosY="0.0"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_high_contrail" PosX="-0.52" PosZ="2.2" PosY="0.0"/>

John

Keep it coming!

John

Keep it coming!

TextureMagic.ini has

[HighAltSprite]

effects.xml has

Yep, did all that / got all that (downloaded the files using the link you provided) and my aircraft shows exactly the contrail as per John's screenies above. Only mine go back to ground level. So there's gotta be something else. I 'll do the word search when I get back from work.

@John: Do your contrails disappear below 7500m?

Just got this working on cfs3 stock and eto 1.50. How did you overcome the problem of running config after video driver update? I will be testing this.

ETO? How do I install it? Download Links? HERE Horizontal lines at menu after installing ETO? - FIX - choose a wingman, plane, then try quick mission.I found this config setup ArgonV posted at simhq, works good HERE Graphics card updates change your game settings? With error? Ankor's Shader fixes it HERE Nvidia HERE

Andrey simply told his shaders to ignore the system driver value, and to use a fixed value he provided.

Besides the skywriter look, the other thing I notice that is different from what I'm getting is that the contrail starts to show up full strength right at the exhaust ports, where with my install there is a delay of about a hundred yards behind the aircraft before it brightens from transparent to white (modeled to look like what I see happening in the sky with real contrails).

I had an older version of the contrail effect I published for the P-38 some years ago that looked like your pictures, and it was speed based so it would work all the way down to ground level.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Andrey simply told his shaders to ignore the system driver value, and to use a fixed value he provided.

Besides the skywriter look, the other thing I notice that is different from what I'm getting is that the contrail starts to show up full strength right at the exhaust ports, where with my install there is a delay of about a hundred yards behind the aircraft before it brightens from transparent to white (modeled to look like what I see happening in the sky with real contrails).

I had an older version of the contrail effect I published for the P-38 some years ago that looked like your pictures, and it was speed based so it would work all the way down to ground level.
    I am not at home yet but took a quick peek: There are multiple references earlier in the effects.xml file. They seem to have different values, so that may be the cause. The question of course is whether we can simply delete those. My guess is that they are in the file from another contrail development (that wasn't altitude based).

I agree that the contrail should start a certain distance from the AC, as the warm exhaust air needs some time to cool down to the condensation point. I adjusted the distance in the aircraft .xdp but it seems the effects.xml needs editing first to get your effects to work anyway.

PS: The first entry below is the one that was already there, the second one is yours:

<high_contrail_1 ClassName="TrackEffect" FlatTrack="0" Lifetime="0" InitialDelay="0" ParticleLifetime="35" FadeInTime=".25" FadeOutTime="12" PosX="0" PosY="0" PosZ="0" CountSegments="2000" SegmentLength="12" Width="1.4" WidthGrow="1.5" InitialAlpha="0.3" InitialColor="255 255 255" Alpha=".40" Color="255 255 255" FinalAlpha="0" FinalColor="255 255 255" BlendMode="QuadSprite" Texture="dr_smokeball.dds" ZBias=".03"/>
    <high_contrail_2 ClassName="TrackEffect" FlatTrack="0" Lifetime="0" InitialDelay="0" ParticleLifetime="40" FadeInTime=".25" FadeOutTime="10" PosX="0" PosY="0" PosZ="0" CountSegments="2000" SegmentLength="12" Width="3.6" WidthGrow="1.5" InitialAlpha="0.3" InitialColor="255 255 255" Alpha=".50" Color="255 255 255" FinalAlpha="0" FinalColor="255 255 255" BlendMode="QuadSprite" Texture="cloudpuff_4.dds" ZBias=".03"/>

Edit 2:
    Simply removing the effect strings that were already there, doesn't do the trick: neither contrail effect is visible. Not the old one and not the new one.
    Last edited by hairyspin; October 30th, 2017 at 12:21.

Joost, contrails are on constant with my set up! Hope this can be sorted?

BTW can't be only two of us who have installed, anybody else seeing this, it helps developers get things fixed it there is more input?
    John

Keep it coming!

Yes, having duplicate effect names is the root of your trouble. It doesn't make sense that removing the first set didn't resolve the issue though.

Why you're not seeing these limited by the altitude control once you eliminated the version using dr_smokeball.dds and cloudpuff_4.dds if the proper entries for tr_condenstrail_basis1.dds and tr_condenstrail_basis12.dds are in the TextureMagic.ini file is baffling.
    Last edited by MajorMagee; March 1st, 2017 at 15:24.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Just to add a bit of info, I uninstalled this latest shader set, I've gone back to the previous, and the Fw 190 that I edited to show contrails, still has the exact same contrails that don't turn off! So it looks to me, that the new contrails are not even showing, are they being overidden with the old contrail effect?
    Can the older set be deleted somehow, I never use them anyhow? This kind of stuff is not in my comfort zone, so not really in a good position to delve into it.
    John

Keep it coming!

Yes, find this section of effects.xml

<high_contrail_1 ClassName="TrackEffect" FlatTrack="0" Lifetime="0" InitialDelay="0" ParticleLifetime="35" FadeInTime=".25" FadeOutTime="12" PosX="0" PosY="0" PosZ="0" CountSegments="2000" SegmentLength="12" Width="1.4" WidthGrow="1.5" InitialAlpha="0.3" InitialColor="255 255 255" Alpha=".40" Color="255 255 255" FinalAlpha="0" FinalColor="255 255 255" BlendMode="QuadSprite" Texture="dr_smokeball.dds" ZBias=".03"/>
    <high_contrail_2 ClassName="TrackEffect" FlatTrack="0" Lifetime="0" InitialDelay="0" ParticleLifetime="40" FadeInTime=".25" FadeOutTime="10" PosX="0" PosY="0" PosZ="0" CountSegments="2000" SegmentLength="12" Width="3.6" WidthGrow="1.5" InitialAlpha="0.3" InitialColor="255 255 255" Alpha=".50" Color="255 255 255" FinalAlpha="0" FinalColor="255 255 255" BlendMode="QuadSprite" Texture="cloudpuff_4.dds" ZBias=".03"/>

and delete it, then paste in this code to replace it if you don't have it there already,

I've highlighted the texture files that are being used by each version, so you can see why one version works at all altitudes, and the other only works above the altitudes listed in the new February 2017 TextureMagic.ini file.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.