This Could Be Very Interesting - AnKor's Shaders - Page 23
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 131516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: This Could Be Very Interesting - AnKor's Shaders

Re shaders in vanilla install the answer is no.
    How many installs do you have?
    Assuming this is the Rising Sun install delete ALL that folder in your App data (back up if you want) and then restart the install with cfs3.exe. What happens?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

I let computer Wiz son do install. He did install Ankor's shader's into the the "Vanilla" install. Guess that is the root of the problem. He did not install into ETO and that runs fine

Those look like texture names I used in my environment effects packages. If you had it or part of it installed in ETO you would have it, but for those who haven't, I don't think they are part of the actual ETO install.

I'll admit to having 16 customized versions of CFS3, that have been developed over a lot of years, so I don't exactly remember the provenance of everything I have installed. Would it be okay for me to upload the missing files here for those that don't have them otherwise? The alternative is to just delete the suneffect.xml I threw into the package at the last minute and stick with the default.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

These files are not in ETO, MAW or any other install I've got... They must be from Daniel's own special packages! At least I know where to look...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

This should help fix things.

SunEffect For AnKor 2017.zip

Again this is optional (for example, I don't use these in MAW), and please back-up your originals before installing these files.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Is there any way to effectively disable the head shake aspect of the new shaders? I'm not sure how I feel about it yet and when using a bomb-sight, they can be very inhibiting.

Cheers Andy!

The only file you need back up in the effects folder is sun.dds. The others are new.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

My default values in d3d8.ini for OffsetSpring, OffsetResponse, and RotationSpring are set a little on the loose side (9, 9, 9) to show off the head motion. I thought this felt reasonably natural when comparing it to my own flying experiences in a single engine aircraft, but it probably reflects too high of a g-load for a large bomber. These settings do have an effect on your ability to keep your aim on target, so they may not be everyone's cup of tea.

AnKor's original defaults are 12, 6, 24 as shown in the d3d8.ini parameter comments. Higher values for the Springs and lower values for the response turn the effect down. You can try the defaults, or if you want to effectively eliminate the effect use something like 100, 0, 100. (I'm not home to test this so you may have to use 1 instead of 0)
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    Okay, it looks like you're missing the correct file in the the standard game install. The original one from Microsoft was not made correctly (wrong patch sequence, and missing Alpha channel). I probably should have included the corrected one in the shader package, but it hasn't come up as an issue for anyone in a long time so I forgot about it.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...eresting/page4 Post #99 has the file you probably need.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...resting/page14 Post#332 has an example that looks like yours.

Additionally, since the actual sky and clouds are being used to create the surface reflections, AnKor is no longer using this file for anything in his shaders that I know of, so I'm a little surprised that making the change still matters. Please, let me know if this fixes the issue.
    This didn't rectify the issue but did a complete reinstall and it's now working perfectly.....................
    Thank you for all the help

You can try the defaults, or if you want to effectively eliminate the effect use something like 100, 0, 100. (I'm not home to test this so you may have to use 1 instead of 0)
    Those very nearly work - they reduce the movement to a minimum but don't stop it completely and the "stiff springs" make the movement jagged. I understand why the feature has been implemented but second the desire to be able to turn it off, a real pilot can anticipate movements and move themselves to counter but we can't so the option would be nice to have.

Other than that, this shader set is a remarkable improvement over the previous one. I was using the August set until now as the previous one dropped FPS to mid-thirties every time something new happened on the screen whereas it used to be steady high fifties before, these ones restored the original performance and even improved it at some situations. Still using the original suneffect.xml and original water files in MAW, I'll try ETO with the new water textures next.

Hi. I should have added an option to disable head shake entirely. Somehow it slipped my mind.
    And maybe an option to adjust mouse "return" delay (for now it is hardcoded to 5 seconds).
    There is also a comment on SimHQ about troubles returning to default zoom which I need to investigate.

So it seems I will have to make a new build. I will look into it during this weekend, but I'm not sure if I can find time.

It would be nice to be able to disable mouse look too, I use trackIR, and only use to mouse to get gauge readings occasionally.

A couple of other things I've noticed-

-The moon does not create any highlight on glass parts. It shows up on regular surfaces just fine.

-Specular textures don't seem to work with light maps. When using an xxx.+sr.dds with an xxx.+lrgb.dds, the sr gets treated like a light map. Also, using xxx.+lrgb.dds on a texture with a specular texture called for by the m3d appears to disable the specular texture and turn off all specular highlights for that texture.

I first noticed these two issues with the 2016 version, so they aren't newly introduced, I just forgot to mention them then, or maybe I did mention them, I don't recall.

Otherwise this version is working quite well! Thanks! Any thoughts about some of those other features we had talked about?

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Those look like texture names I used in my environment effects packages. If you had it or part of it installed in ETO you would have it, but for those who haven't, I don't think they are part of the actual ETO install.
    They came with ETO 1.5 as an option: Ankor-Gecko ETO Exp 1.50 Update Shader Package
    And they're Great!

-Specular textures don't seem to work with light maps. When using an xxx.+sr.dds with an xxx.+lrgb.dds, the sr gets treated like a light map. Also, using xxx.+lrgb.dds on a texture with a specular texture called for by the m3d appears to disable the specular texture and turn off all specular highlights for that texture.
    I have no idea what all this means! And as a skinner, I should know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm II View Post
    They came with ETO 1.5 as an option: Ankor-Gecko ETO Exp 1.50 Update Shader Package
    And they're Great!
    Are these still relevant with the lalest Ankor stuff?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Nigel, in addition to adding bump map capability, Ankor added specular textures that can be added to any texture on any model, even if the model doesn't have one defined for that texture. That's what the xxx.+sr.dds is. He also added light maps, which allow a texture to have parts that light up. It's particularly useful in cockpits for instrument markings and indicator lights, which will now appear in whatever color and brightness they are painted in an xxx.+lrgb.dds, even in the dark. If you want an example, there are some in the P-61 package. Unfortunately, as I noted above, they don't play well together if they are used at the same time.

James, since Andy has included the sun effect and textures with the latest build of the shaders, I would say not.

James, since Andy has included the sun effect and textures with the latest build of the shaders, I would say not.

ok i have mixed matched anchors , plus 4.7 ,,,it seems theres a wack load of variations ,,, he issue is i think , the system power and graphics ,,,,,,,the base is there and the additional anchors,,,, tweaked and all is super ,,,, the water can be anyhting you want now ,,,, i love waves and blueish ,,,,,,,,

its a growing good issue ,,, im hoping oneday ofr many , the config and the addons for scenery and clouds and water aall become one ...for now its a riot of fun , woff ,,, got there clouds add in ,, on top ,,,,

all night one can play and try and fix and etc......

noting boring ,,,, with the growth and addons in cfs3----eto--etc.......

Joshua /canada

Andrey just sent us another beta with half a dozen new features to evaluate. It may be a few weeks before it's ready to publish, but it addresses the requests for more control of the new options, and adds a few new gems.

Teaser...

[HighAltSprite]
    xxx.dds=7500|500

This will make sprites using xxx.dds texture disappear below 7500 meters above sea level.
    Above that altitude they will gradually become more and more visible for additional 500 meters, so at 8000 they will appear as normal.

Properly working contrails anyone?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Teaser...

[HighAltSprite]
    xxx.dds=7500|500

This will make sprites using xxx.dds texture disappear below 7500 meters above sea level.
    Above that altitude they will gradually become more and more visible for additional 500 meters, so at 8000 they will appear as normal.

Wow!! We already got proper night lighting and now another Holy Grail! Working contrails would be fantastic

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Blog Entries
    Wowser! That ones been on the wish list for years, thank you Andrey!
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

eeek! oh yes, sure!

I'll work up a new set of contrail effects to go with this, and include it in the next package.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.