Attention all DC-3 fans ! - Page 60
Page 60 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1050525354555657585960616263646566676870 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1863

Thread: Attention all DC-3 fans !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elsmoko View Post
    AWESOME video and sound !! And the planes looks great !! I'll be after it when it "hits the street".
    Forgive me if this has already been asked here, but which recording software was used
    to create this very fine video ? It didn't miss much in the way of control surface movements, etc.
    Best regards,
    Ken
    I record with DXtory using the 64bit Lagarinth Lossless Codec, 30 FPS with sim FPS locked 30 to ensure a good synch between the recorder and inflight frame rates. I also synch the DXtory recorder to multicore and enable the software to use the GPU to carry the load really nicely. Once the recording is done I import the .avi into PowerDirector 14 to do the editing. PD14 does have a built in screen recorder, but I haven't been able to make it synch well with the sim...get a lot of stumbles using that method.

If you are in P3D and running current NVIDIA drivers it's necessary to update PowerDirector to version 14, which resolves some serious driver compatibility issues.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by mjrhealth View Post
    Did notice one minor thing, teh propr blur on second engine start up seems to have a shadow issue. looks like someone took a bite out of it on the inboard side once prop blur is in motion.
    The fuselage is casting a shadow on the prop as seen in this real video. Prop is almost invisible. Especially if the prop is all black.

https://youtu.be/bwyJxYg2s5E?t=3m28s

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    I record with DXtory using the 64bit Lagarinth Lossless Codec, 30 FPS with sim FPS locked 30 to ensure a good synch between the recorder and inflight frame rates. I also synch the DXtory recorder to multicore and enable the software to use the GPU to carry the load really nicely. Once the recording is done I import the .avi into PowerDirector 14 to do the editing. PD14 does have a built in screen recorder, but I haven't been able to make it synch well with the sim...get a lot of stumbles using that method.

If you are in P3D and running current NVIDIA drivers it's necessary to update PowerDirector to version 14, which resolves some serious driver compatibility issues.
    Many thanks for the detailed explanation. Not sure I could replicate it, but you certainly get great results. And at some point I'll likely
    give it a go.
    Best regards,
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    The fuselage is casting a shadow on the prop as seen in this real video. Prop is almost invisible. Especially if the prop is all black.

https://youtu.be/bwyJxYg2s5E?t=3m28s
    All good, thanks for video. kinda looks odd thouigh, but teh real one was much the same.
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Since Jan has closed the "applications", I thought another video might help keep the energy high while things come together behind the scenes. I re-edited the previous vid with a couple of new skins and a tighter music edit.

The updated Ted "TuFun" Wolfgang sound set is also featured in the start up and "Sound Check Ride". The audio capture is ultra high quality, so if you have the speakers I'd definitely turn it up.

Enjoy,

Prepar3D v3.2 | KBIH Eastern Sierra Regional WIP scenery
    HI Gordon,
    Fantastic Work

Cheers
    Ralf

Sound Update: MJ/JV C-47 v.3 beta

Blade count increased on starter sound to 11 blade count, video shows 9 and two stage prop sound (prop/throttle combo) test.

CUT Cut cut .. you have an oil leak on the starboard side

Gee that's mesmerising! I could sit and watch those props and listen to those engines all day.

Great work. It sounds awesome.

Cheers,

It won't be long now.... CBI, Rangoon, Alaska, Villavalencia, Africa and so many other locales are all just waiting to be explored.... 2016 is going to be a very good year!

Ta- C

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    It won't be long now.... CBI, Rangoon, Alaska, Villavalencia, Africa and so many other locales are all just waiting to be explored.... 2016 is going to be a very good year!

Ta- C
    I missed out on the Beta testing , biggest thing looking at the work done is brilliant done in it completion.

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    ...and two stage prop sound (prop/throttle combo) test.
    What can you say about perfection, except that it's perfect!

OH sweet!, turned it up a notch again!, how on earth do you guys do it!, sat here listening to your video with my mouth wide open in amazement!, well played young sir!

Very NICE!!! can't wait to see the final product!!!
    Rob Schreiber

This is fascinating and amount of work you guys are putting into this project going to join 5 star club and will remain there all the way.

Good luck Guys

Gonna be.. ..amazing...
    ..............^...............
    ............more.

Doc

How is the beta testing going?
    There is a disturbing silence in the force field.

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    Gee that's mesmerising! I could sit and watch those props and listen to those engines all day.

Great work. It sounds awesome.

Cheers,
    +1 to that!

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Quote Originally Posted by KellyB View Post
    It is going very well. There are some wonderful surprises in store.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyB View Post
    Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future.
    Clear your mind must be.
    Patience you must have my young padawan.

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by griphos View Post
    It is going very well. There are some wonderful surprises in store.
    yes,and we have a lot of fun to test this nice bird

but all

Cheers
    Ralf

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future.
    Clear your mind must be.
    Patience you must have my young padawan.

as i say

Blog Entries
    I shall add my two cents to the comments from team "J".

This is, IMHO, one of the finest airplanes I've experienced since I began flying in the sim...payware or freeware. At this stage of development, the model is maturing into a masterpiece.

The wait is going to be well worth it...
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

The M&J team have created a masterpiece as "G" stated! The immersion factor in the cockpit has jumped up quiet a bit too!

What an amazing airplane... built in 1935 for the airlines, then warpaint was applied for the war effort, returned to civilian life, then severed thru Korea and Vietnam wars, and finally cargo hauling all over South America to this day!

Well then how about a little peek at the revamped startup smoke!

Just a question as we creep ever closer, will this be packaged as a single airplane, or as just the new features? It is looking so very promising...yes, a "Masterpiece"

Members who have read this thread: 134