Attention all DC-3 fans ! - Page 73
Page 73 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23636566676869707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 1863

Thread: Attention all DC-3 fans !

Wow! Simple scenery question rolls into this exchange!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Scenery question? musta missed that, what scenery question? lol. Now about those windows......

But seriously, looking forward to this as much as my new computer arriving (should have been today, but alas....) then I can get FS set up again for the first time in a veritable age!! First plane in FSX will hopefully be this masterpiece.

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    I would also like to know the answer.

Cheers Chris
    Ce n'est pas le sujet de cette file

Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    Scenery question? musta missed that, what scenery question? lol. Now about those windows......

But seriously, looking forward to this as much as my new computer arriving (should have been today, but alas....) then I can get FS set up again for the first time in a veritable age!! First plane in FSX will hopefully be this masterpiece.

Jamie
    than it is maybee also time to upgrade the sim to p3dv3,it use the new computertech a lot better than fsx...........you can test for 60days,if you not like,money back.....so wat you lost?
    nearly no tweaks need,and the C47 work perfekt.............

ps;as a betatester,today i give my ok for a release

Quote Originally Posted by griphos View Post
    Hello gents and ladies. As release nears (soonTM), the team thought, in addition to fumigating your hangars and poring over scrounged reference materials trying to suss out the size of various aircraft parts, you might like to have the chance to RTM. Should give you a better idea about the new features, and a head start on learning her peccadillos.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...e%20C-47v3.pdf

Not that appetites on this need whetting....
    My very small contribution to this fantastic document...

page 26 - first line of alinea 5 seems to have moved (cut and paste ?) between 2 and 3...

My 2 cents, may be one cent only

Thanks for this great project.

Gérard

Thanks for the links Jamie. I'm still a bit puzzled as, when my memory serves me correctly, only one Duke, the Duchy of Guelders (Gelderland), was part of the original 7 Netherlands. The rest were united Counts, like the Counts of Holland or Bishops, like the Bishop of Utrecht. But as the word Dutch is mainly used by English speaking people I assume they didn't fully understand.

BTW Europe is is a continent. Great-Britain and Ireland are on this continent as well. So people living there are also Europeans. Countries which are on European continent are not automatically member of the European Economic Community.
    When you want to discuss Europa as an geographic topic, its fine with me.

Cheers,
    Huub

The C-47 has the navigation bubble up on the top. The DC-3 didn't (I may be wrong - please correct if so!) Can a model be made minus the bubble? That would be more inline with the basic 3's that I have seen and seen in pictures. Just wondering. I am NOT a DC-3 expert, but was just wondering. Thanks!!

Don

It would be great if people didn't come out now with more suggestions/improvements which might delay this release any further!
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

When this outstanding plane was released the first time. It was A C47 not a DC3. When the outstanding Updated C47 is released. It is A C47 not a DC3.

My very small contribution to this fantastic document...

page 26 - first line of alinea 5 seems to have moved (cut and paste ?) between 2 and 3...

My 2 cents, may be one cent only

Thanks for this great project.

Gérard
    Thanks for the close read. There were a couple of errors in that version.

Here's the latest:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...7v3vintage.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    It would be great if people didn't come out now with more suggestions/improvements which might delay this release any further!

+1 +1 +1 +1

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Thanks for the links Jamie. I'm still a bit puzzled as, when my memory serves me correctly, only one Duke, the Duchy of Guelders (Gelderland), was part of the original 7 Netherlands. The rest were united Counts, like the Counts of Holland or Bishops, like the Bishop of Utrecht. But as the word Dutch is mainly used by English speaking people I assume they didn't fully understand.

BTW Europe is is a continent. Great-Britain and Ireland are on this continent as well. So people living there are also Europeans. Countries which are on European continent are not automatically member of the European Economic Community.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Can I just point out that Australia is an 'Island Continent' which I (personally) am very thankful for.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Cheers,
    Huub
    We can discuss why non European countries (not in EU, not in Europe) are in European competitions (Eurobasket, UEFA league, Champions League, Football Eurocup, Eurovision)... I am joking.

We are anxious about the inminent release of the C-47/DC-3 V3

Afaik it has all to do with the fact that Germany and the Netherlands were once connected ( 15th/16th century) . We (the Dutch) call the German language 'Duits' and Germany itself 'Duitsland'. That's a far cry from 'German' and 'Germany' as it is called in the English language and may already be a good designation where the word 'Dutch' stems from.

In their own language German people call their language 'Deutsch'. In a northwestern dialect (Plattdeutsch) there is also the word 'Düütsch' which means German. No umlauts in the English language so i guess 'Dutch' is what they finally established to designate the people that lived in the northwest, 'low lands', of the former German territory.

Yep, we are Germans, Hüüb, uhhhh.... Huub.

Tschüss,
    Jan

Blog Entries
    IMHO...

WTF...Gentlemen, and I say that with due respect.

This thread is dedicated to the work of Manfred Jahn, Jan Visser and the INTERNATIONAL team who placed their various opinions at the hangar door and worked endlessly on this magnificent airplane.

Can we open another thread to discus the world changing events that are taking place beyond the boundaries of our quiet place we share here?

I would hate to come this far to have the release of the teams work tainted by the unfortunate realities we deal with in the world. I have endless opinions on the EU, economics and recent events, and I struggle to censure myself...most of the time, but I do try to reserve respect for those who truly deserve it.

AT the moment I am preparing the Paint Kit and skins for the new airplane, the team is checking the fuel, oil and kicking the tires. It's almost time.

Gentlemen...please, put on your flight jackets and leave the arguments in the barracks.

Gordon
    Last edited by gman5250; July 19th, 2016 at 10:38.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

No worries, Gordon, this thread has fullfilled its purpose anyway.

Only some final checks before the release for which a new thread will be opened here at SOH.

So i say, chitchat away to your hearts content, gentlemen, we'll get down to the nitty gritty again in the release thread.

cheers,
    jan

Well said Gordon... fortunately this is one place we can celebrate our COMMON interest in flight simulation WITHOUT other bailiwicks detracting from our cooperative enjoyment.

The hangar has been swept, oil ordered and the Avirex jacket dusted off...

With patient exuberance, we wait...

C

Very exciting time! We all have been waiting a very long time for this masterpiece.
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Blog Entries
    I feel like an expectant father again:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Felix_the_Cat_animated.gif  
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Are we there yet LOL

Done a complete FOD walkdown waiting for the arrival of the new one. Everything is ready.

Well.............................
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails b88vfa.jpg  

More coming....

What with all the excitement over the Douglas Bird (kinda scared to call it a C-47 or DC-3....) we might miss that the Turbo Mallard is coming along...

possibly a Beta Version this week end. Lord, how will I find the time to fly both....HEAVEN!!!!

qar02

Not so fast....

Big Radials Only!!!

Quote Originally Posted by qar02 View Post
    What with all the excitement over the Douglas Bird (kinda scared to call it a C-47 or DC-3....) we might miss that the Turbo Mallard is coming along...
    I wish some of these expert modelers would take on a C-46, that would round out all the classic round engine birds!

Quote Originally Posted by Alky View Post
    I wish some of these expert modelers would take on a C-46, that would round out all the classic round engine birds!
    I tried convincing the best modeler I know, but he is now retired. I was ready to produce the radial sounds for it. Now I'm not interested any longer.

Members who have read this thread: 133