Attention all DC-3 fans ! - Page 59
Page 59 of 75 FirstFirst ... 949515253545556575859606162636465666769 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1863

Thread: Attention all DC-3 fans !

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    Ya know you guys and the developers who keep pushing the envelope are the reason FSX is still the flight simulator of choice. It should have died some time back, but it just keeps getting better and better, more immersive than anything before it!Thank you, all of you, who work so hard to make this community and this simulator so much fun.Ted
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Jan Visser VC for Manfred Jahn's C-47. Alpha Version

All of the elements of the aircraft are coming into focus and nearing a Beta version, then release as Jan Visser completes the cockpit/instrument modeling and the "team" works out other details.

Purely for your enjoyment.....
    It looks so real !

May I ask what addons (if any) do you use for the cockpit "shaking" while on the ground ?

Gérard

All fantastic Work i see here,the VC Is amazing,the Sound is great,and the paints and scenery are fantastic...........

maybee we can do a easter groupflight in this plane??? lol....

cheers
    Ralf

Blog Entries
    EZDok Camera finally re-emerged and updated their software to a stable version, rather than the beta I struggled with for a long time. I also used OPUS for a while, but the EZDok camera movement is much more fluid and more to my liking. The new stable version will work in P3D, up to and including v3.2, as well as FSX.

Be sure to read the manual...the install needs to be done by the book, and setting up the head movement is easier with the manual handy.

Link:
    http://www.ezdok-software.com/
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by tailspin45 View Post
    BTW, does the Gooney Bird's manifold pressure now change with a change in RPM? Flew from San Diego up to Edwards AFB yesterday to get some time in the YB-49 and enjoy the new ORBX/FTX SoCal scenery, and noticed that pulling manifold pressure back a couple inches low so it would be just right as the props come back didn't work. MP stayed right where it was. A little experimenting showed they aren't coupled. To be clear, fixing this if it's not implemented is not a reason to delay release as far as I'm concerned!
    This may explain that bug with the MP and RPM issues. That is why I went the route I did with the C-47 sounds. Prefer the radial and props sounds synced together.

Now if someone can program the fix that A2A did with Accu-Sim!

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/vie...=38718&start=0

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by tailspin45 View Post
    P.S. The "Biplane Rides" sign we see during your south to north low pass at Orcas Island is on Rod 'Magic' Magnor's hangar. He flew A-7s in 'Nam, hung out with Richard Bach, and operated a Travel Air, same years as our "new" one (1929). Our "old" one (1927) was licensed the same day Lindbergh flew across the Atlantic, as a matter of fact.

Awesome video Gman,

Are the landing lights default or is that the effect of Shockwave Light Redux?
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

EZDok Camera finally re-emerged and updated their software to a stable version, rather than the beta I struggled with for a long time. I also used OPUS for a while, but the EZDok camera movement is much more fluid and more to my liking. The new stable version will work in P3D, up to and including v3.2, as well as FSX.

Be sure to read the manual...the install needs to be done by the book, and setting up the head movement is easier with the manual handy.

Link:
    http://www.ezdok-software.com/

This link is to an older version. Apparently the only place it is kept up to date is with Flight 1.
    According to the EzDok forum, version 1.18.7 has just been released. I switched to OPUS last year and am still using it but find it more awkward to set up than EzDok. I was hoping EzDok would finish (finally) version 2 but ....... in the meantime my plan is to reinstall it and try this 1.18.7 version.

Quote Originally Posted by Maj Kong View Post

This link is to an older version. Apparently the only place it is kept up to date is with Flight 1.
    According to the EzDok forum, version 1.18.7 has just been released. I switched to OPUS last year and am still using it but find it more awkward to set up than EzDok. I was hoping EzDok would finish (finally) version 2 but ....... in the meantime my plan is to reinstall it and try this 1.18.7 version.
    It's there, but you have to go about it in a around about way which leads to the Flight 1 site.

Main page....
    Version 1.16.0 is now available

Next page....
    EZdok Camera addon is now available at Flight1 online shop. <- Click on this link will get you the current version.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Awesome video Gman,

Are the landing lights default or is that the effect of Shockwave Light Redux?
    Thanks man,

Yeah, the landing lights are Shockwave with all of the A2A updates current.

LM fixed the particle effects that broke the Shockwave lights in the earlier versions. In P3D 3.2 the lights are working as designed and make a world of difference.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    It's there, but you have to go about it in a around about way which leads to the Flight 1 site.

Main page....
    Version 1.16.0 is now available

Next page....
    EZdok Camera addon is now available at Flight1 online shop. <- Click on this link will get you the current version.
    A2A's accu-feel also has good cockpit camera shake and rattling/bumping. You can also adjust the severity of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post

That's the bird TuFun! Ours were NC365M (my first love, blue and silver sold back East and crashed), NC674H and NC3242 (both blue and orange, sold here near San Diego. 242 is still flying out of KMYF).

Goodday gents,

First my apologies for the delay in the release of an Alpha version of the DC-3 VVC. I did not forsee that matching the working of the VVC with the modern VC would turn out as complicated as it did ( i probabely didn't even want to think about it... ). This of course is mainly because we have to do without Hansi, who programmed the modern VC. Manfred however made great progress in solving the major problems so we are now well ahead in testing the model.

In light of this we are looking for a few more testers to assist in ruling out the few remaining quirks.

What we're looking for are experienced betatesters with some time to spend on the VVC project. Preferably flying with FSX (SP2/Acc/SE) in DX10 mode (we'll concentrate on P3D once we're happy with FSX ).

If you think you fit the bill please drop me a PM.

In the mean time work on the VVC is progressing nicely, we're almost there.

Thanks for your patience !

Cheers,
    Jan

It's well worth the wait. Dc3 looks so great. Thank you to all who made the DC3 look so outstanding. My hanger doors are open.

Thanks very much to everyone who applied to the DC-3 VVC Betatest program !

We have enough test pilots now and therefore would like to close the 'recruitment application' . Please do not apply anymore, all seats are occupied.

Thanks a lot again !

Cheers,
    Jan

Good luck beta testers and enjoy the flight! Its is good to see the alpha release is getting closer!

Cheers,
    Huub

In that event, can I take the TD out for a spin?

Blog Entries
    Since Jan has closed the "applications", I thought another video might help keep the energy high while things come together behind the scenes. I re-edited the previous vid with a couple of new skins and a tighter music edit.

The updated Ted "TuFun" Wolfgang sound set is also featured in the start up and "Sound Check Ride". The audio capture is ultra high quality, so if you have the speakers I'd definitely turn it up.

Enjoy,

Prepar3D v3.2 | KBIH Eastern Sierra Regional WIP scenery
    Thomas Jefferson

Amazing video and great sounds! The only criticisms maybe would be the landing gear sound?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I am starting to have sleepless nights waiting for this fantastic guys

Its definitely become the final word in Flight Sim DC-3 ... So so Cool !

Video recording question

Since Jan has closed the "applications", I thought another video might help keep the energy high while things come together behind the scenes. I re-edited the previous vid with a couple of new skins and a tighter music edit.

The updated Ted "TuFun" Wolfgang sound set is also featured in the start up and "Sound Check Ride". The audio capture is ultra high quality, so if you have the speakers I'd definitely turn it up.

Enjoy,

Prepar3D v3.2 | KBIH Eastern Sierra Regional WIP scenery
    AWESOME video and sound !! And the planes looks great !! I'll be after it when it "hits the street".
    Forgive me if this has already been asked here, but which recording software was used
    to create this very fine video ? It didn't miss much in the way of control surface movements, etc.
    Best regards,
    Ken

Did notice one minor thing, teh propr blur on second engine start up seems to have a shadow issue. looks like someone took a bite out of it on the inboard side once prop blur is in motion.
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrhealth View Post
    Did notice one minor thing, teh propr blur on second engine start up seems to have a shadow issue. looks like someone took a bite out of it on the inboard side once prop blur is in motion.
    Good catch sir, but in this case it's the fuse shadow on the prop. Watch while the engine is cycling w/mags off and you will see the shadow run across the blade. It does raise an interesting speculation though, how much shadow appears on a prop blur in real world conditions? Say, for instance, rain, mist or light fog. When flying through clouds?

That could be controlled with the prop blur alpha channel.
    Thomas Jefferson

Members who have read this thread: 133