Attention all DC-3 fans ! - Page 4
Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst 1234567891011121454 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention all DC-3 fans !

Quote Originally Posted by Alky View Post
    Hopefully there will be a suitably "used" version as well.
    The TQ is not textured yet, Alky...

cheers,
    jan

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    The TQ is not textured yet, Alky...

cheers,
    jan
    Whatever you do with it will be SO APPRECIATED, you have no idea!!
    I love that the C-47 has textures where you can fly your raggedy old workhorse or a shiny newly restored beauty. When I'm in the mood for down & dirty, that weathered panel would be awesome, a nice clean fresh off the assembly line made in 1935 panel would be perfect for that beauty I mentioned!
    As I said, we are but beggars and any offering is appreciated!
    Thank you.

I was working on the Yoke/Wheel for a bit today when uncle Maxi came round and started drawing again, this time in acryl. Show it to your friends before this year ends, he said, ( he's quite a poet too, you know) so here it is, still wet..

cheers,
    jan

Goeiemorgen!!
    Beautifull, I see you're working 24/7 on it now ;-)
    I'm afraid my "Duck" ("Turkey") will take a bit longer, Ferry......
    What what isn't, can still be, someday ;-)

Cherio! R.
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Amazing work! Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by robcap View Post
    Goeiemorgen!!
    Beautifull, I see you're working 24/7 on it now ;-)
    Goeiesmorgens, Rob,

Yeah, after i read your comment i thought i'd better step on it !

Still working in A'dam ?...

Prettig Uiteinde en 'n Goed Begin !

cheers,
    jan

Mr. Douglas must have a big smile on his face. Seen this and thought it fit. You, gentlemen and this aircraft are fantastic.

You made nice progress already Jan!

Voor jullie allemaal een goede jaarwisseling en een zorgeloos 2014 toegewenst!

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    Hey Jan, you know we LOVE you, man !!!
    No! You can't have my beer!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Jan, This looks wonderful and I'm really looking forward to flying it. Thanks so much.

Happy New Year

Rick Canham
    South Australia

Looks like I’m a bit late to say THANK YOU Jan. Please allow me to echo the other grateful pilots who have cheered your endeavor for an up to date VVC for the DC3. Men such as yourself, Charles Wood (his excellent navigation tutorial), the gracious and helpful pilots at DC3 Airways and I’m sure many more here at SOH I have yet to meet have provided this weekend pilot with so many hours of learning, fun, respect for history, talent and pure joy I could never begin to repay all your hard work and kindness.

I had decommissioned my FS setup nearly two years ago as we migrated from a lifetime in the frozen north to sunny south Florida. The wife has encouraged me to rebuild my FS toys and start flying again as she knows how much joy and pleasure it brings me (I just LOVE that woman!) I’m building a high end PC over the next few months and am looking forward to joining the community here and at DC3 Airways. Looks like there is some really good company to be found here.

Again, THANK YOU for all your work (including the MAAM DC3) to put this DC3 pilot back in the skies with style! I can’t think of a better way to put up my first post.

Cheers!
    Radial9
    DCA1521

Welcome here at the SOH FSX forum, Rob ! I hope more DCA flyers will follow you. Never too much DC-3 aficionados.

Cheers,
    Jan

Goodday Captains, here's your funky seat :

And with something to play around with as well :

Both the seat and yoke are not finished yet.

Overview of the cockpit sofar :

No gauges yet, Hansi is very much occupied with family matters at the moment.

couple more below

Without any fancy lighting :

And the inevitable 'tech' drawing by uncle Maxim :

Until later..

Cheers,
    Jan

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Ye old bucket seats and yokes. Looks very tasty, cant wait to smear some aviation avgas/hydro/oil stains into the seats lol.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Wow !! (o_0')
    Beautiful work !

Simply WOW!
    Mike

Totally amazing Jan!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

What Milton said!!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

SOH-CM-2021
    In earlier shots of the yoke, the locking wire was incorrect, but the last shot shows it in the tighten position. As an ex RAF airframe mechanic, I notice these things.

One other thing I noticed, is that the nuts and bolts are fitted in the opposite way to which I was taught. Which was that bolts go heads up. This is so that if the nuts come off, the bolts don't drop out. Also, bolt heads go "into wind", for the same reason.

Having said that, things may have changed since my day. Back then, flying was dangerous, and sex was safe!

It's a fine looking cockpit, for a fine looking aircraft. Thanks to all concerned.

Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by 511Flyer View Post
    One other thing I noticed, is that the nuts and bolts are fitted in the opposite way to which I was taught. Which was that bolts go heads up. This is so that if the nuts come off, the bolts don't drop out. Also, bolt heads go "into wind", for the same reason.
    It's a fine looking cockpit, for a fine looking aircraft. Thanks to all concerned.Dennis.
    Same here, Dennis: Also an ex-RAF airborne radar tech, ex licenced ARME, and having worked on and flown in (second-seat) dc-3's - I one-hundred percent agree with you that this is the proper case .. but I went searching the weeeb, (I couldn't see Jan making this mistake).. and came up with a number of pics where the yoke aileron cable pulley cover bolts are facing upwards..... but I also came up with a number of pics where the bolts point downwards..

Mere speculation on my part, but I would expect that upward-facing bolts is correct, as, in the downward position the threaded portion of the two bottom bolts might be just long enough to dig into your knees on taxy with f/up.

Looking forward (sic) to some exciting spring flights in the old girl!

All the Best, pj

i7-4790K@4.8 gig, using EK-Supreme HF waterblock, LG 43" 4K; MSI 2060; 32 gig G.Skill Trident GTX @2400; Win 10-64; Homebuilt cockpit; MD-80-style throttle quadrant; TrackIR5

Thanks for your observations,gents. Always interested in little details like this. This proves again that the expression ' there's no DC-3 cockpit alike' even boils down to the smallest parts one could think of: nuts and bolts.... Must say it didn't even occured to me, but i think that with the truckload of DC-3 cockpit photo's that i use for reference, it's fair to say that half of them show the Yoke cable pulley cover bolts downwards and the oher half upwards...

I just took this photo for reference :

Thanks again for the explanation !

cheers,
    jan

Fantastic work!!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

OMG!

Jan, you should be cloned! That way, if you go back in to retirement, we Flight simmers can pull a spare Javis off the shelf (or out of the fridge) and keep enjoying your amazing work for years to come, lol.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Members who have read this thread: 136