Attention all DC-3 fans ! - Page 34
Page 34 of 75 FirstFirst ... 24262728293031323334353637383940414244 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention all DC-3 fans !

Proper DC-3 Model

Hi Guys,

Please look at the DC-3 photo posted by JanKees. Most of the US primary Airlines (PAA, American etc.) did not use ex-C-47's - but actual DC-3's. This means that, in order to maintain the extremely accurate standard that we have so far, we need a slightly different model. Namely we need to get rid of that navigators astro-dome, add a tail cone, and delete the cargo door and hinges. I fully realize that our modeler is occupied elsewhere, and I certainly do NOT want this to seem a criticism - just a plead for some alterations to the existing model as time permits. Merry Christmas to you all.

Bill

Aye Bill...."@mjahn- look at what YOU and your team have allowed the world to enjoy- thank-you and Merry Christmas sir! Should your interests ever take you in the DC-3 direction, that would be wonderful."

Hopefully after the -97...if time permits.... Fingers x'ed

C

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I have been thinking of doing N877MG as well, would there be any takers?
    And a yes please here as well, I'd better dig up the other PAN AM scheme as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    @javis- is Santa bringing us a present Christmas Day? A few more piccies would be greatly appreciated and would help hold me over until the elves finish their work . Seriously, your work will take this gem to new heights- to new standards- bravo! Merry Christmas!
    No pics, Cav,but i'm happy to say that the first batch of gauges Mike sent me is working. The second batch is in the works. We'll concentrate on that for the coming weeks and once we have all gauges working we'll do the radios. The Sperry AP will need special attention and that's why we'll probabely welcome Warwick 'Wozza' Carter on board as well. I hope to find some time in between to do more cosmetic work too.

2015 will be known as the year of the Dakota VVC
    Heheh, we'll do our best !

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everybody !

Cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    No pics, Cav,but i'm happy to say that the first batch of gauges Mike sent me is working. The second batch is in the works. We'll concentrate on that for the coming weeks and once we have all gauges working we'll do the radios. The Sperry AP will need special attention and that's why we'll probabely welcome Warwick 'Wozza' Carter on board as well. I hope to find some time in between to do more cosmetic work too.

Cheers,
    Jan
    Great news! Prettig Kerstfeest Jan!!!

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Great news! Prettig Kerstfeest Jan!!!

Johan
    JJ
    Maligayang Pasko
    masaya bagong taon

First priority .. A Chicken, a Ham ... never heard of a Christmas Steak ... arr what the hell ... and for those who ... well , Asparagus rolls with Tomato and Onion ... and a few thingy's that wash it down,

Panagra DC-3

Hi Guys,

I have the new PAA texture. MANY thanks. Would someone (janKees?) please do a Panagra DC-3 texture. Panagra (PanAmerican Grace, which was half owned by PAA) had a wonderful operation that was based in Panama. Most people don't realize that if you draw a great circle route from Miami to Buenos Arias, it will go down the west coast of South America, and thru Panama. They were a major Central and Southern American airline.

Best regards, Bill

Cheers,
    Jan
    Great news Jan! Whatever form we get news of progress in, we are grateful.

Carl

Hi again, Incidentally - the last PAA texture was for a 1 series model. It can be converted to the latest version (2), but with the new nose introduced with the 2nd version, textures made for the first series don't work on the 2 series aircraft. Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have the new PAA texture. MANY thanks. Would someone (janKees?) please do a Panagra DC-3 texture. Panagra (PanAmerican Grace, which was half owned by PAA) had a wonderful operation that was based in Panama. Most people don't realize that if you draw a great circle route from Miami to Buenos Arias, it will go down the west coast of South America, and thru Panama. They were a major Central and Southern American airline.

Best regards, Bill

Hi Jan,

Any information on the progress of your amazing VVC project is very welcome, even without pics.

Prettige Kerstdagen and een voorspoedig 2015.

Manfred
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

ETA

Your progress is amazing, are you close enough for a hint at a possible release date? I have been following you for the better part of 2014 and this is wonderful. You DC-3 really has no peers, and this panel will be the icing on the cake.

Thank you for all your past efforts, may they continue long into the future.
    Regards,
    Henry

Just bumping this to the top.....SO many people waiting for this one. :-)

CK
    Flying Canada's "Left Coast"

Icon25 New Panel

Great work! Can't wait... Thanks to your team for making a wonderful aircraft!

I think the holdup right now is me, as we've had some health issues on my wife's side of the family, and I've been travelling to help with things. But that is over now, and I should be back to proving Jan with gauges very soon.

EDIT: In fact, just sent some more off to Jan.

Mike

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    I think the holdup right now is me, as we've had some health issues on my wife's side of the family, and I've been travelling to help with things. But that is over now, and I should be back to proving Jan with gauges very soon.

EDIT: In fact, just sent some more off to Jan.

Mike
    Sorry to hear that happened Mike...glad things have turned around!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Glad to hear the health issue is taken care off, Mike

Personal family comes first, then the flight sim family, lol.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

During the last couple of weeks 2 more truckloads of cockpit photos have been sent my way. Even one including a folding ruler with each and every photo. Very happy with that and just in time too, i.e. not really too late.

This amazing photo shoot (more than 400 photos of very high resolution) was sent to me by a Danish gentleman who is creating a C-47 home cockpit. And according to these two pictures he really means business :

Truly fantastic, isn't it !

Here's a much scaled down example of one of the photos :

It's the cockpit of former Danish airforce C-47A Skytrain K-687 that sits up at the Danish airforce museum at Stauning.

The other truckload came from Down Under and without any further ado you might well have a look here :

https://www.facebook.com/pacificdako...=page_internal

David, the guy in charge, liked what he's seen here in this thread and just asked me if there was anything he could help me with. How cool is that, éh !?

Amongst the photos of this amazing C-47 restoration project there are a couple of a seperate nose/cockpit section. He hopes to use that as a base for a C-47 simulator for crew training, take it to shows for the public to use and as an educational tool.

I just thought this was too nice not to tell you guys about it.

Thanks a million again, Jacob and David !

Got the second batch of gauge coding from Mike so work is going on as normal. Thanks Mike !

Cheers,
    Jan

Another interesting thing to know : one of these days a documentary will be released called 'Broken Dreams' . It tells the story of one particular C-47, from when it was put together by Rosie the Riveter until it got stuck underneath a bridge somewhere in the Netherlands some 70 years later... No kidding !

Most of her life however she spend as Air France F-BAIF hauling passengers and cargo around. During development of the documentary it became unmistakingly clear that no film footage whatsoever of F-BAIF had been kept and was available for the production team to use in the documentary. When you watch the trailer of 'Broken Dreams' though, ( click the link here: http://vimeo.com/116680258 ) surprisingly enough there she is ! On her way to another of the many European destinations she used to fly to. So how did THAT come about then ??....

Pure FSX magic, ladies and gentlemen.

When i have more time, and if you like, i'll elaborate on how exactly this came to be, but for the moment suffice to say that it's the Maam-Sim DC-3 meticulously grabbed on video by your own 'Tufun' Ted who did the F-BAIF livery as well. And it's not only this one shot that is featured in the 'Broken Dreams' doc. Ted delivered more clips of virtual F-BAIF but we'll have to wait for a copy of the doc to see which have been chosen.

I have no clue if this is the first time FS has been used to complement a TV documentary, i suppose not actually, but still a nice story, éh ?...

Here's a link to the 'Broken Dream' site : http://www.brokendreams.eu/

And here a Facebook link : https://www.facebook.com/BrokenDreamsDocumentary

Btw, there's a book too ! Already released.

Cheers,
    Jan

Javis,says on their website that the DVD is also available.you can buy it separate or with the book included,for 55 euros

Dave, yes but Ted and me we'll get our own copies, no need to buy.

Great to see everyone hooking into it and looking after, building and continuously working on the old Dak

Great link! And excellent to see that the work is progressing.
    I've been flying the hump (CBI scenario) lately a lot and always come back to the C-47.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

paint request

G'day would anyone be interested in doing a repaint for Manfred Jahn's DC-3 V2 for me please
    this is the only pic that I could find
    It is the M.M.A a company that was in Western Australia

Thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mma.dc3.vhmmb.jpg  

I just checked, and there are 34 pages of posts about Manfred Jahns great DC-3.

V2 is in the Warbirds library, but my question is (with all the mods to this) .....is there a all-encompassing file which includes them all? Thanks, NC

Members who have read this thread: 133