Attention all DC-3 fans ! - Page 16
Page 16 of 75 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617181920212223242666 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention all DC-3 fans !

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    The clean and weathered textures affect both interior and exterior appearance of the DAK. Modifications can be achieved by pointing the .cfg file at the file you wish to use for a particular aircraft. Components can also be interchanged. Just be sure to back up your originals.

Some of you may know that I withdrew my energy from this site a couple of months ago. I have, however, been following the continuing work on the DAK vintage cockpit with the same enthusiasm as everyone else on the site.

TuFun has made modifications to my original paint kit which have improved the detail of the radials significantly. I'll add TF's changes to the paint kit and upload a new modified sheet in all of the appropriate formats for everyone to use. Note: These changes will only apply to my templates and will only affect skins that are re-submitted with the improved engine details.

Jan, your cockpit is a masterpiece. Thank you sir.

Gordon- Thank-you for your response. I hope that you are able to participate actively within the SOH community once again. Reading your prior postings has been very educational for a warbird neophyte like me.

Jan- the comment in Dutch was supposed to be supportive- NOT DEMANDING... as some have misinterpreted. Thank-you for your continued efforts.

Best- Carl

Quote Originally Posted by robcap View Post
    Hey Jan, is that your new MG in the Avatar?
    Not yet, Rob, just a reminder..

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Jan- the comment in Dutch was supposed to be supportive- NOT DEMANDING... as some have misinterpreted.
    Of course, Carl ! Myself i don't see any misinterpretation..

To add to my texturing comment, i'm trying out various ways to peal off paint from the most vital objects that in reality will have suffered from paint abuse. As there simply are no virtual pilots and other crew to take their seats and abuse the paintwork for a couple of thousand times and more i have to peal off the paint with a sharp knife:

Just one of the many trials but i think i'm getting there more or less, about time too because i'm getting sore hands..

Further more: GOOD NEWS ! Hansi is back !!

He's been going thru a rough time this year ( and before), didn't hear from him for a long time and i was starting to really getting worried. Without Hansi this project would remain dead as a doornail... Can't tell you how happy i am to have recieved an email from him yesterday. We're now good and ready to breath life into this old VVC ! YIIIHAAAAA!!!!

Cheers,
    Jan

Great news Jan, glad you got the email and contact from Hansi. Thanks again for the great update. The seat looks really good. We all will be watching.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

For the people *NOT* working in Photoshop, you might want to look here (it's old news! and an older version);

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/36...oshop-cs2.html

MeshMan, Thanks for the link,

Now I might jump into the deep and try to get Tufun's radials on some of the repaints.

I'll make plenty of backup copies, as I'm sure gonna mess up a few times.

Jan, I can send you my steel brush to get some paint scraped off, lol (no pun intended). Always great to see status updates. Great to hear that Hansi is back in the game. It would have been a disaster seeing all your hard labor gone to waste.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Now that is getting better and better every time

Any ETA for this bird? My clock is set to buzz every 90 minutes, night and day, so I can log in and check.
    Lack of sleep is taking its toll.

Regards and praise for such talent
    Neal H

Am just working up DX10 in anticipation of getting the most outta her!!

Btw, hoping to make a start on Vera Lynn this weekend too...

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maj Kong View Post
    Any ETA for this bird? My clock is set to buzz every 90 minutes, night and day, so I can log in and check.
    Lack of sleep is taking its toll.

Regards and praise for such talent
    Neal H
    Neal,

ETA is when it is ready for release so I suggest you unset the buzz on your clock, get plenty of sleep and be pleasantly surprised when it is released

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by Maj Kong View Post
    Any ETA for this bird?

Keep that in mind, bro, and get some sleep

Ok, gentlemen, time to fasten your seatbelts.

You can now, as you can see, and should too because we're going on a frightening, hazardous trip to Prepar3D SDK v2 Export land.

Finally then, because Hansi needs a model to work with. Was not looking forward to that as all kinds of trouble will likely rear its ugly head. And it sure did... But strapped in tightly i did bite the bullit, which took quite a few days, Blood, Sweat and Tears ( Spinning Wheel aka "What goes up must come down", if anyone here might remember. Great band ! ) i can tell you. Success in the end though.

" Tatarataaaa!!!! " *** Drumrrrrrrolllllllllllllll......***.... So, Ladies and Gentlemen, would you please welcome, the
    first ever rendition of the DC-3 VVC in Prepar3D !!! :

Looking over my right shoulder it became frightfully clear how hazardous this first testflight really was... My co-pilot noticed it too... :

Mind you, no fancy texture stuff like specular, reflection, bump maps or baking just yet (bumpmapping might do nicely on the padding texture.. ), just the plain dds bitmaps. And there's still a lot here that's not even textured yet of course. Me, i am very happy with the result sofar, big step forward !

Haven't actually done any serious flying with P3D, if it wasn't for the P3D SDK v2 exporter i probabely wouldn't have bothered yet to install P3D. Still very happy with FSX. But i gotta say, even in this first go at the DC-3 VVC, i absolutely adore the shadows as they slowly creep across the cockpit in a turn. I was also very pleasantly surprised to finally see a true and realistic looking windmilling propeller when one of the engines quit on me. (hey, i'm completely flying in the blind here! ;-)

I did try the VVC in FSX as well but alas it failed.... ( model could not be displayed ). Have to look into that... ( if anybody here might have some tips for me how to properly get a P3D model going in FSX it will be most welcome ! )

So, here we are, gents, LOTS of work to do yet so i'd better get to it.

Cheers,
    Jan

P.S. no worries about the co-pilot, he got a parachute and landed safely. Have to look for another seat though...

Speaking as a P3D V2 C-47 pilot - I am in love!

I mean, I was in love before.

But now I'm really in love!

"Work faster!" says the id.

"Down, boy! Bad id! Patience!" says the ego, and grinds its teeth.

Really grateful for everything you and the team are doing.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Looks great Jan, but you should know that models exported with the P3dV2 SDK tools are only compatible with P3dV2, and not FSX or P3dV1. You'll have to use the FSD or P3dV1 SDK for that.

Woot!! Looking great!
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Crikey Dicks and Goooolly, love the contrast

Stunning -- absolutely stunning!! And to think that your are giving this to the flight sim community is almost unbelievable. So looking forward to adding this to the MJ C47/DC3

Thank you!!

Lyn

PS. Have you found a new copilot to fly with you yet??

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    **Sits back twiddling his thumbs while patiently waiting for this masterpiece so he can add it to his aircraft that fly the length and breadth of this great continent down under.**

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Looks great Jan! I just hope you can compile it for FsX and please include Dx10 vc shadows if possible, although Dx10 fixer can enable them if required.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Appreciate the comments, thanks, guys !

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Looks great Jan, but you should know that models exported with the P3dV2 SDK tools are only compatible with P3dV2, and not FSX or P3dV1. You'll have to use the FSD or P3dV1 SDK for that.
    Very valuable information, just what i was looking for ! Thank you very much, Dave !

Not sure though what exactly you mean with 'the FSD' ?...

Do you maybe happen to know about any shortcomings/restrictions of the P3Dv1 SDK exporter compared to that of the P3Dv2 SDK ?...

Thanks again, Dave !

cheers,
    jan

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Looks great Jan! I just hope you can compile it for FsX and please include Dx10 vc shadows if possible, although Dx10 fixer can enable them if required.
    +1 on that score!l
    Worth it, just for that seat

BTW: Most aircraft that I run in DX10+Fixer have really good shadows. At first, I thought they were unnecessary "eye-candy" but now I can't imagine a VC without them.

Adam.

Amazing work!
    I love the dynamic shadowing of P3Dv2.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Lookin' fabulous, Jan!

Not sure here how to "turn on dx10 shadows" in the compilation run, but one can do it via a later patch, as has been mentioned.

For FSX models you can try a separate export via the P3D V.1.4 SDK, maybe that's what DaveWG meant. I understand most developers do two compilations these days, one for P3D and one for FSX.

--Manfred

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Not sure though what exactly you mean with 'the FSD' ?..
    Sorry Jan, I meant to type "FSX".

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Lookin' fabulous, Jan!Not sure here how to "turn on dx10 shadows" in the compilation run, but one can do it via a later patch, as has been mentioned.For FSX models you can try a separate export via the P3D V.1.4 SDK, maybe that's what DaveWG meant. I understand most developers do two compilations these days, one for P3D and one for FSX.
    Got the P3D1.4 SDK suite you sent and will work with that. Thanks very much, Manfred !

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Sorry Jan, I meant to type "FSX".
    Roger that, Dave, thanks !

cheers,
    Jan

Members who have read this thread: 133