Attention all DC-3 fans ! - Page 14
Page 14 of 75 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415161718192021222464 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention all DC-3 fans !

Charter Member 2014 HighGround22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by griphos View Post
    . . . If it weren't for the amazing cockpit coming soon, I might never make it inside and up into the skies!
    Yeah, I'm certainly witchoo on that point! This entire aircraft's become an optical feast.

A wonderful aircraft to just sit and look at!
    -Jon
    -------------
    If you try to fail,
    and you succeed,
    which have you done?

Quote Originally Posted by griphos View Post
    What Paul said....

Keep it visible! Not only not to hide such wonderful artistic work, but so that I can do something I never do in any other FSX plane...start her up, go to external, and just watch those beautiful big radials run! If it weren't for the amazing cockpit coming soon, I might never make it inside and up into the skies!
    A lot of us are going to use this beauty in P3D (well, already do with v2), and in there the self-shadowing will take care of getting the lighting right anyway, so please either give us the cylinders visible version, or at least give us those textures to be able to use if we choose.

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Ted- that looks grand! Can you share with us...will V3 incorporate all the currently available updates (engine sounds v2, engine visuals, Gordon's .clean/.dirty textures and Jan's VVC? If so- it will single handedly rewrite the definition of freeware aircraft.

The C-47 team (without discrediting all the other wonderful people who offer their time and talent to our hobby) has raised the bar considerably. There are countless pay ware aircraft that suffer badly in comparison.

We wait in feverish anticipation

Carl
    I was conferring with Manfred and this project is now in Jan's hands, so this will be up to Jan as to how the package will come together.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlasticMax View Post
    A lot of us are going to use this beauty in P3D (well, already do with v2), and in there the self-shadowing will take care of getting the lighting right anyway, so please either give us the cylinders visible version, or at least give us those textures to be able to use if we choose.
    That would be easy for repainters, by selecting the layer with or without the shadow effects. The way this model is mapped, the current repaints will have to be redone again to added the detailed radial engine. Or... copy and past over the existing repaint with the new engine details.

Gave the radials some soft shadows...

Here's a video showing how the FSX lighting effects dx9. I bet it looks sweet in P3Dv.2 or even dx10.

Now that looks great Ted, are you going to release that engine texture?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Thompson View Post
    Now that looks great Ted, are you going to release that engine texture?

I just uploaded a factory fresh repaint with both shadowed and non-shadowed radial engines.

It's important to read the ReadMe1st to install the non-shadowed textures.

Thanks Ted, great stuff!!! Off to download as soon as possible.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Ted/Tu Fun:Many thanks! BTW- after I install, will the shadows for the engine work with other repaints as well- or just this one? I am away from my FS computer, hence no chance to read the read me atm. Thanks for your hard work and your indulgence.Carl

PS- Where is it? I looked under skins and at Oz.....

Ted/Tu Fun:Many thanks! BTW- after I install, will the shadows for the engine work with other repaints as well- or just this one? I am away from my FS computer, hence no chance to read the read me atm. Thanks for your hard work and your indulgence.Carl
    Just this one. The radial engine parts are part of the front fuselage texture file. You will need photoshop program to copy the engine parts and past on any of the other repaints and save them according to either bmp or dds.

I've uploaded the skins here on SOH, but must await approval first.

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Just this one. The radial engine parts are part of the front fuselage texture file. You will need photoshop program to copy the engine parts and past on any of the other repaints and save them according to either bmp or dds.

Perfect! Ta! I work in CS6.5 and am hoping to try a bit of repainting.... so this may get me started....

C

i dont recall seeing any DC-3 firefighting airtankers....but would it possible to add the fire effects file to this DC3?

would just be fun to have a dc3 firefighter..

Perfect! Ta! I work in CS6.5 and am hoping to try a bit of repainting.... so this may get me started....

C
    Grab the Nvidia Plug-in for Adobe Photoshop. It handles the dds files very well.

All that is required to use the engine textures are in the red box. Create a layer and copy that to any C47_1_T.bmp or dds using photoshop.

Example:

Silver Cloud texture...

Eastern Airlines... released over at flightsim.com a few days ago. As you can see I copied the shadowed version to this texture sheet.

Ted , Looking forward to the approval

Test flight over Fresno!

Super Smooth ! nice jalopy

Ted:

Got the repaint from here- thank-you! I'm having a bit of an issue and need a point in the right direction..... The exterior has NO shine unlike your previews, and the cockpit seems to be missing bits....
    Piccies to make it clearer..... any thoughts?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	normal.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	5167Click image for larger version. 

ID:	5168Click image for larger version. 

Name:	silver.jpg 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	5169Click image for larger version. 

Name:	silver exterior.jpg 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	5170Click image for larger version. 

ID:	5170

...not sure why there are 2 pics each.....Ta!

Carl

I don't think you have a texture.cfg file in the repaint folder.
    Without one, I see the same as you do.
    Try copying one from another repaint.

Ted:

Got the repaint from here- thank-you! I'm having a bit of an issue and need a point in the right direction..... The exterior has NO shine unlike your previews, and the cockpit seems to be missing bits....
    Piccies to make it clearer..... any thoughts?
    Click image for larger version. 

ID:	5167Click image for larger version. 

ID:	5168Click image for larger version. 

ID:	5170Click image for larger version. 

ID:	5170

...not sure why there are 2 pics each.....Ta!

Carl
    I have MJ C-47 Texture Basepak done by Gman and the texture.cfg file is set to texture.clean.

If you don't have MJ C-47 Texture Basepak, excellent pak by the way, you will need to use the default (texture.EATS_315221) texture.cfg file.
    Copy this file into the texture.Silver Cloud folder.

should look like this, open with Notepad...

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture
    fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
    fallback.3=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\textur e

I believe there are two different texture.cfg files in the MJ texture pak... this is the one in the Silver Cloud, which has different enhancements used...

[fltsim]
    fallback.1=..\texture.clean
    Last edited by TuFun; March 8th, 2014 at 10:44.

I have MJ C-47 Texture Basepak done by Gman and the texture.cfg file is set to texture.clean.

If you don't have MJ C-47 Texture Basepak, excellent pak by the way, you will need to use the default (texture.EATS_315221) texture.cfg file.
    Copy this file into the texture.Silver Cloud folder.

should look like this, open with Notepad...

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture

I believe there are two different texture.cfg files in the MJ texture pak... this is the one in the Silver Cloud, which has different enhancements used...

[fltsim]
    fallback.1=..\texture.clean

Is this the MJ C-47 Texture Basepak, you mentioned :

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3&linkid=17613

Also, will those redone radial engines (above ^) redo's be included in next release that also includes the new interior?

Yes, that is the MJ C-47 Texture Basepak. Concerning radial textures use in Jan's update. That will be up to Jan to included them.

Important to read Gman's notes as stated...

IMPORTANT !!!

Copy and paste the texture.clean and texture.weather files into the same Douglas_C-47_V2 folder. These files containe the specific spec, bump, reflective and detail files for the clean or weathered looks. These fines can be interchanged for a customization of your individual skins.

Yes, that is the MJ C-47 Texture Basepak. Concerning radial textures use in Jan's update. That will be up to Jan to included them.

Important to read Gman's notes as stated...

IMPORTANT !!!

Copy and paste the texture.clean and texture.weather files into the same Douglas_C-47_V2 folder. These files containe the specific spec, bump, reflective and detail files for the clean or weathered looks. These fines can be interchanged for a customization of your individual skins.

So one part of the equation is solved ( gmans Base Pak) just to make sure I understand, we will have to modify via our paint program and modify each radial engine texture that we want changed. Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    So one part of the equation is solved ( gmans Base Pak) just to make sure I understand, we will have to modify via our paint program and modify each radial engine texture that we want changed. Yes?
    You'll need to copy & paste the engine section as shown in the above post. If you don't have the tools or ability to work with dds/bmp files, maybe someone can do it for you. I copied & pasted the engine to a C-117D repaint I have, looks great.

Members who have read this thread: 133