RAZBAM Metroliner for FSX/P3D released! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RAZBAM Metroliner for FSX/P3D released!

OK, Bjoern, this is all I get:

... a flashing PWR FAIL light that will not go out, even when the engines are running. Also have no warning lights on the main panel.

Help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails power fail.png  

Metro manual, page 4-3, section "Battery Start", item 5.

"March 11th, 2015". Humm...well, there've been a few changes to the modifications since then.

The latest deals with fixing a bug in RM3_Custom_BK.xml that made the Metro impossible to taxi without NWS and there's now a mention of the 2D popup mod and the Readme accounts for XMLTools 2.0.1 now.

The download link remains the same.

Wow, still playing with improving this? Impressive, one of my favourite regionals and your work just makes it better.

I've just gone down the P3D route and am wondering if the Metro works in v3.3.5 as well as FSX (I got the bundle years ago when it was first in the sales)?

Quote Originally Posted by teeboy View Post
    Wow, still playing with improving this? Impressive, one of my favourite regionals and your work just makes it better.

I've just gone down the P3D route and am wondering if the Metro works in v3.3.5 as well as FSX (I got the bundle years ago when it was first in the sales)?
    The Metro has been getting some play time these past weekends. With fictituous regs and a bit of business and failure simulation thrown in, it's perfect for simulated part 135 ops ("Wherecould I be needed today?"). So I basically fix bugs as I encounter them on my flights.

One thing I'm definitely going to add is a shortcut to the cockpit lighting controls, be it a cockpit camera or 2D popup. These knobs are bloody hard to reach.

The last or at least one of the more recent P3D v3 updates broke the default hydraulic system simulation, so I'd be careful. Personally, I'm entirely content with the Metro in (the fixed) DX10 mode.

Bjoern,

I enjoy your tweaks for the Metro which certainly made it more enjoyable to use. BTW, did anyone ever create an American Eagle repaint for the Metro? I used to fuel AE Metro's a long time ago on their turnarounds between our airfield and their Nashville hub.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The fuselage mapping makes the Metro an extreme PITA to paint if the livery involves stripes in the nose area. Might be the reason why there aren't many third party paints of airline operators.

Did anyone ever manage to make a "load up and fly" version of this plane? I find myself never flying it because I don't have time to go through the whole startup procedure every time a have a little while to make some takeoffs and landings.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Once you have the flow in, startup can be accomplished in two minutes or less.

Batteries - Inverter - avionics switch - check fuel shutoff switches - right starter - wait for stabilization - engage right generator - left starter - wait for stabilization - engage left generator - check hydraulic switches - check pneumatic switches - set lights - disengage ground locks (press and hold F2 - very important!) - set flaps - check SRL switches - trim elevator for the green band in the indicator. Keep both torque and temps within limits during takeoff and flight and off you go.

Remember, it's a simple commuter aircraft. No unnecessary complexities (save for the ground locks).

Sorry If I have missed something here but is there anything extra one must do to get this aircraft to work in P3Dv3...? Or is she suppose to work straight out of the box?

Cheers,
    Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    . . . .and along with that, do those feature reflect the type of flying you do? There are still folks who fly with 2D panels, and those who still fly from the exterior view. Are you a systems nut or a weekend GA flyer? If you purchased this airplane (and we've all done this), how often will it realistically leave the hangar? I'd love to have the airplane, but I would never use it for an eighth of what it's capable of. . .I care very little about how authentically systems are modeled and based on the type of flying I normally do. . . .it would probably get flown a few times and put away. . .so for the price and what my preferences are, it wouldn't make sense to purchase, no matter how much I'd like to have it.
    Hi Falcon, 150% with you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    The fuselage mapping makes the Metro an extreme PITA to paint if the livery involves stripes in the nose area. Might be the reason why there aren't many third party paints of airline operators.
    and if the stripes run from the rear fuselage up the tail it takes much patience to get it lined up. (see my N66GA paint)

I've published a new version of the mod package.

The 2D panel popup mod previously mentioned is now integrated and features additional cockpit lighting controls, which should avoid the annoying dive for the bottom of the console.

Users of the load/save module should add the "Metro_IIIC" folder to the "panel" folder(s) as it contains an edited version of the RM3_SYSTEM.xml gauge with disabled auto-initialization for some switches. This should make loading a panel state more reliable as only the switch configuration from the save file is used.

Other than that, just a few tweaks to the NWS logic in RM3_Custom_BK.xml in an attempt to stop the NWS-related annunciator lights from flickering. It seems slightly better now, but still no cigar.

The download link is, as usual:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K...ew?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    I've published a new version of the mod package........
    Hi Bjoern, many thanks for this really immersive set of mods.......
    best regards

Rick Canham
    Australia/Sweden

You're welcome.

I still really like this bird for some spontaneous cargo hops, using MIT to make it more motivating (and realistic). It's a great hand flier and one of these days, I'll manage to do as the real Metro jocks do, i.e. look ma, no autopilot!

For some real Metro flying and (more importantly) those little hints about proper operation, check Davethepilot's Youtube channel. He recently traded in his Metro gig for a Twotter, but his videos remain (at least until Youtube shuts down).

Thanks, Bjoern, for your great addition to the Metroliner.
    Beside Davethepilot's video tutorial, do you have any Pilot Operating Handbook or Manual ?
    I happened to search the internet for a Metroliner POH to download but, alas, to no avail so far.

Someone in the RAZBAM forum passed a safety manual around, but this was entirely "under the table" via private messaging.

I got most of my Metro handling tips from Dave's aforementioned videos and by reading forum threads, such as:

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=730687
    http://www.pprune.org/pacific-genera...ro-ii-iii.html
    http://www.pprune.org/north-america/...t-inquiry.html
    http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/te...etroliner.html

The added benefit is that the tips are usually straight from the horse's mouth instead of a dry manual.
    For basic aircraft operation, the RAZBAM-provided checklists do the trick for me. Most of the issues with system reliability are of no concern for armchair pilots.

Great reading !
    Thanks for your links Bjoern.
    If, by any chance, I can find a POH to download, I let you know.

As I've said, the checklists are good enough for me. The Metro isn't much of a complex aircraft.

Was it workable in P3Dv3?
    Anneke

If the panel folder and hydraulic system bugs are still in P3Dv3, I say no.

Regarding the mods:
    I absolutely do not support P3Dv3 and newer since LM really tends to screw with backward compatibility.

I gave a try with the latest P3D v3.4.14.188.
    You need to manually edit the DLL.xml for a proper install.
    Otherwise I used the great Bjoern's mod with rather good results: the sounds or radar are working OK, but have no 2D electrical panel.
    I need to further investigate (time permiting)...

That's because there is no 2D electrical panel.

Check if the gauges are read correctly by P3Dv3.

You are right Bjoern, I was not precise enough in my previous message as I meant 2D lighting panel (instead of electrical).
    Anyhow, the 2D lighting panel is not showing in P3D v3.4 so far.
    I had time to check your great mod this week-end and here are the results:

Gust Lock: OK

Nose Wheel Steering: OK (but effect very sensitive, perhaps too sensitive to my taste or should I reduce my rudder pedals sensitivity ?)

APU/External Power: OK

Hydraulic System: OK (pressure droping on the hydraulic pressure gauge)

Friction Locks: OK

Bleed Air System: OK (pressure droping on the air pressure gauge)

SAS System: Not working at first, ok after pausing the sim (???) but the needle mouvement is very choppy.

Fuel Mixture: not tested

Prop Levers: OK

2D Popup Panels: not showing !

Weather Radar: OK

Load/Save Module: not tested

Switch Sounds: OK

Edited Startup Sounds: not tested

Edited VC Textures: OK

Trim Beep Sound: OK

Placement and size of EHSI and AP windows: not installed

New EHSI and KAP140 Autopilot: not installed

Modified VC light placement: OK