Assetto Corsa.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Assetto Corsa.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Assetto Corsa.

Another new race sim, now available at Steam and much like Project C.a.r.s. this is an 'early access'. Normal price is 35 euro's, however, for the next 45 hours (From posting this thread) it comes with a 25% discount!

Early access means not all cars, tracks and game modes are available and there are no weather options yet. The track and car list has more than a few similarities with pCars, but some interesting other cars as well.
    Of course it is hard to compare two unfinished games, but after the first hour or so in Assetto Corsa, I think pCars looks slightly better but is heavier on the system, and AC feels more natural to drive. It still isn't easy though!

More info here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/en/

BTW the developer, Kunos simulazioni, is known for sims like Netkar Pro and Ferrari Academy so they know their sims!

Some screenshots; all unedited except for some cropping:

BMW M3 in showroom mode:

First track test with the Ferrari 458 at imola:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

The fast but ugly KTW X-bow at Mugello:

A view that pCars drivers should recognize..:

It is indeed the Lotus 49:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

A 'Stealth' Lotus Exige at Silverstone:

The crown jewel (For now) for me in AC is the Scuderia Glickenhaus P4/5 Competizione (Although based on a Ferrari 430GT2 Glickenhaus wasn't allowed to use the Ferrari badge on his creation.):

The office:

And here's the P4/5 in-game, late afternoon at Imola:

And one BIG advantage AC has over pCars: You can still buy AC, pCars is unavailable for now..

And more content coming tomorrow:

Assetto Corsa - Development Update #4 - Four
    new cars, four new car versions, two tracks and new features!

The fourth
    release of Assetto Corsa will be available for free on the 20h December. The new
    version includes: 4 new cars, 2 new tracks, more than sixty new achievements, a
    new achievement system, a new environment for showroom mode and several new
    features, including the Drag race mode and much more!

New
    tracks:
    Autodromo di Monza
    The legendary italian circuit has been
    meticulously reproduced using laser scanning technology, allowing you to feel
    every bump, kerb and detail with the maximum fidelity, and represents the most
    accurate virtual reproduction ever done.
    Drag strip
    This fictional
    scenario represents the ideal arena for duels between hypercars, and allows also
    the gamers to discover the differences between different versions of each car
    model included in the game.

The cars
    Ferrari F40
    Ferrari 599XX
    EVO
    BMW Z4 GT3
    BMW M3 E30 TOURING

Also featuring:
    New car
    liveries
    New showroom - Sunset
    New car mode selection:
    Drag

<!-- / message -->

Just downloading as I type. Looks pretty good.

Yes, it does look good! And even though you can only drive the cars, as there's no AI or career mode yet, it still will keep me busy for hours. Once completed the game will cost €45, so 26 now is a steal.

Can't wait to take the 599XX Evo for a spin this weekend!

How do you get the screenshots?

I'm using Fraps to capture screenshots,Noddy.

well i cant get this until feb..so it will cost me more...i need this...

The 0.4 Update is here, and includes some new cars, including this Ferrari F40:

And the 599XX Evo:

Shame I have to wait until tomorrow evening to give them a test..

Great many thanks. Have to get the update.

Did a few more miles today in different cars, starting with the F40:

Lik the real thing you really need to be careful with those two big turbos...

Next up was the 599XX Evo, a trackday special version of the 599: Powerful and nervous, a real racing car. Awesome sounds, it's a joy to shift down through the gears.

First time I noticed the cars get dirty after a few laps (And a few excursions through the gravel traps... ):

Massive oversteer coming out the last chicane, didn't quite catch this one..

Another trackday special, the Pagani Zonda R. A favourite from pCars, and a favourite in Assetto Corsa. Huge amounts of power, grip and style.

This little Lotus 2-Eleven was the surprise of the day though, really fun to slide through the corners like a real Lotus does. Turn in early and control the rear with the throttle.

Thanks for the heads up on this Ferry,it looks very promising. I will probably wait til it is RTM before buying but at least I know it's available. I've been getting my racing fix on the newly released Gran Turismo 6, it is greatly improved over the last iteration. Polyphony Digital teamed up with Yokohama Tire to redo the tire physics and they have got them feeling pretty good,it's still just virtual rubber but it feels more right than before the changes.Here are a couple of shots from my in-game career mode.

I must admit the Gran Turismo series look great, but with AC, pCars, GTR2, rFactor and GT Legends all still installed I don't feel the need to buy a Playstation for essentially just one game..

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    I must admit the Gran Turismo series look great, but with AC, pCars, GTR2, rFactor and GT Legends all still installed I don't feel the need to buy a Playstation for essentially just one game..
    Perfectly understandable,even though the Playstation 3's prices have dropped with the release of the PS4 it is still a pricey outflow of cash,if I didn't already own one I wouldn't buy it for just one game title either.

Nice shot Noddy!

Been practising going sideways a bit:

Went back to Project Cars to check out new content, but I was back in AC after minutes.. AC runs better, drivers better and looks better imho..

Beautiful shots.

A couple of mine:

And when it goes wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Went back to Project Cars to check out new content, but I was back in AC after minutes.. AC runs better, drivers better and looks better imho..
    Sounds almost impossible, Ferry... But i guess you must be right. I bought AC and installed it but haven't found the time to actually load it up. ( caused by getting back working with Max and a certain DC-3 cockpit... )

Like with Pcars ,is the Lotus 49 actually the only 1960's F1 car in AC ? If affirm that's quite remarkable, isn't it...

Groeten,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Like with Pcars ,is the Lotus 49 actually the only 1960's F1 car in AC ? If affirm that's quite remarkable, isn't it...
    For now it is, but I guess that's part of the deal they made with Lotus. The 98T will follow, another car also included in pCars.. At least they have a long list of modern Lotusses (Lotii??) including several versions of the Exige, Elise, Evora and 2-Eleven. Also just noticed they added the LaFerrari to the list, which should be fun to drive with 963 hp...
    A few more cars at the lower end of the scale would be nice too, maybe an Abarth Punto SS?

Thanks, Ferry. I guess i'll have to wait for more of my beloved 1960's race monsters ( i was there at Zandvoort each year you know, that's why... ) when 'GPL 201x' will be released. Fat chance, i know... But quoting the fabulous Todd Rundgren " A dream goes on forever.. "

Still haven't had a chance to load up AC but i will as soon as this DC-3 cockpit will let me.

Cheers,
    Jan

These games look so enticing. Maybe after 2014 modeling projects, I'll make the leap. Love racing much more than flying.

Any idea how these models are so well done? What tools are used? So realistic looking.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Members who have read this thread: 23