Bear Studios Sukhoi Su-30MK Released

Thread: Bear Studios Sukhoi Su-30MK Released

Bear Studios Sukhoi Su-30MK Released

I must've missed this one. A nice follow-up to their previous Shenyang/Sukhoi knock-offs...

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=su30mk
    -Mark

Sounds interesting.
    And that Macross repaint is quite a nice touch :')

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Thrust vectoring with afterburner effects..? Nice!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Sounds interesting.
    I was thinking the same thing, Daube.....

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

There is a bunch of short videos on Youtube that show the Su-30 with TacPack (http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfgen), which would make it the first non-US aircraft with fully functional (not non-US)weapons in FSX, unless I missed something BTW, does someone know whether the Indian Air Force uses Cyrillic letters in their Su-30 cockpits or not?
    Last edited by Loerch; December 19th, 2013 at 11:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Sounds interesting.
    ot: I have met Mikimoto-san and have a sketch of Minmei from him to prove it. Took him seconds....amazing. 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by P38man View Post
    ot: I have met Mikimoto-san and have a sketch of Minmei from him to prove it. Took him seconds....amazing. 1992.
    A little more OT I suppose. I grew up reading the books, every one. Still love that stuff and have a few books left (planning on finding the series somewhere just to have it). Really wish I would have bought (had my parent buy) the early Veritechs when I was young.....they are crazy expensive now. And wishing I would have kept my SDF-1 diecast that I got back around 1985-7.

Back to the SU. Does anyone have any thoughts on this little guy? I am interested, there are so many repaint possibilities out there, if you don't stay totally su-30mk specific.

I would probably pick it up today if I had some more info.

Quote Originally Posted by BrittMac View Post
    Back to the SU. Does anyone have any thoughts on this little guy? I am interested, there are so many repaint possibilities out there, if you don't stay totally su-30mk specific.

I don't have this version yet, but I do have the two previous packs (J-11 and J-15) and I'm very happy with both.

The textures are a bit of a weak point IMHO, but the systems depth and functionality is great, though all screens etc are in English and maybe not a 100% copy of the real thing. The flight model is quite convincing, and once you turn the limiter off, it will perform the tricks you can see Flankers do at air shows.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Thanks for the info Ferry, that helps a lot.

And remember Flight1 has a 30-day refund policy.

Quote Originally Posted by BrittMac View Post
    A little more OT I suppose. I grew up reading the books, every one. Still love that stuff and have a few books left (planning on finding the series somewhere just to have it). Really wish I would have bought (had my parent buy) the early Veritechs when I was young.....they are crazy expensive now. And wishing I would have kept my SDF-1 diecast that I got back around 1985-7.

OT some more: BrittMac, I've got all the early VeriTechs from each class of ship and they are the center of my Macross collection. I also have the slip-cased hardback book that has the conceptual drawings from the Macross film along with a cell of the film. I also have the "egg" versions of the Veritechs, too. DO YOU REMEMBER LOVE remains one of my favorite films.

As to the SU, it does look very good but I haven't gotten deep into it yet as far as systems and flight.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

And once again Bear doesn't disappoint!

So... please help me out here, Ferry. Have you been able to figure out how to use either altitude hold? I'm having a dickens of a time trying to learn the systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tube and Rag View Post
    Have you been able to figure out how to use either altitude hold? I'm having a dickens of a time trying to learn the systems.
    Not really... Fs time is somewhat limited, in that time I don't feel the need to fly this aircraft straight and level. It's more fun when it is doing anything but that.

This Malaysian livery looks nice, interesting to see this western style on a Russian bird. Never knew the TUDM operated both Hornets and Flankers!

The Indonesian AF Flanker is the most basic in this pack; no canards or TVC:

It does have the panel with two 'wide screens' though:

The cockpit of the version with TVC and Canards:

It is a bit weird though that the indonesian aircraft has a cockpit with Russian text, while the Russian versions have a pit with English text.. And no texture swapper included in this version, like the J-11 and J-15 have.

View from the back:

Russian aircraft:

Like all Bear Studio aircraft there are some quirks and niggles, but overall I still think they are worth the price.

There is a mistake in Indonesian livery. It should be TNI AU, not TAN. Great aircraft btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Peg o my heart View Post
    There is a mistake in Indonesian livery. It should be TNI AU, not TAN. Great aircraft btw.

There is now a v1.3 release that only Just Flight is carrying not Flight1. I'm trying to find out why....

Members who have read this thread: 83