Fault Module Version: 3.1.0.30203
    Fault Module Timestamp: 3e3ebe85
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 0000f170
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    LCID: 1033

Not asking for a quick fix, but some insight on the problem and if there is a fix...because in all honesty, my CFS3 installs are broken if it turns out that I can't resolve this prob.
    You must never ASSUME, because when you ASSUME, you make an ASS out of U and ME!!!!!!!!!-Benny Hill

OS version is 6.x.x.x etc, so it's Windows 7. Are you running as administrator, in XP SP3 compatibility mode?
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Yup. I'm not sure what else it could be.
    You must never ASSUME, because when you ASSUME, you make an ASS out of U and ME!!!!!!!!!-Benny Hill

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi Jose,

I have no idea about how this stuff works, but a quick google gave up some interesting stuff.

this link takes you to Microsoft help and support, the guy was having the same exception code error as yours and MS offered up a couple of fixes.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...a-57f2682c4265

unfortunately the guy never replied to the tech assistant to let him know if the fix worked.

and this link goes to a site where a guy explains in great detail what the problem is all ablout.

http://www.windowsbbs.com/legacy-win...violation.html

hope this helps somehow,

regards Rob.
    Last edited by Capt. Winters; December 19th, 2013 at 11:54. Reason: spelling again....
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    OS version is 6.x.x.x etc, so it's Windows 7. Are you running as administrator, in XP SP3 compatibility mode?
    You have me puzzled here; there is a tuttorial that says one should use XP SP2 compatibility, so for win7 wich one should I choose?

Did this just start happening, or have you always had problems running in Win 7 on this machine?

I had a similar problem when I switched computers from an XP to Win 7. It turned out to be caused not by the software, but by my quad processor confusing CFS3 until I restricted it to using just two whenever the game was running.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Well it's my first time running on win7, and my pc is dualcore, so it could be that.

Members who have read this thread: 17