help with missions,objects,planes

Thread: help with missions,objects,planes

help with missions,objects,planes

Sorry to be so general, but having a brain fart and can't remember how to find things.
    Been reinstalling CFS2 and adding missions/campaigns, but when I go to fly says not finding some weapons,planes in library...so will not load the mission/campaign.
    I obviously have missed something, any suggestions or should I just start over??

Check the Readme file that came with the mission or campaigne for required addons.
    Or post what is missing and someone will point you in the right direction to find the download.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Quote Originally Posted by The B24 Guy View Post
    Check the Readme file that came with the mission or campaigne for required addons.
    Or post what is missing and someone will point you in the right direction to find the download.

Regards,
    B24Guy
    Thanks
    I did all the install per the readme file,been doing this with FSX for quite awhile, so I must have missed something..

Question Reply...

EasyFlier,

Can you provide more specifics about what you are trying to download or install?
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    EasyFlier,

Can you provide more specifics about what you are trying to download or install?
    I was trying to install the WWI from Aerograte to CFS2, seemed to not be right. Then I renamed to CFSII then did new install CFSWWI; the first install changed.
    Now I have removed all from that drive to figure out what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Flier View Post
    I was trying to install the WWI from Aerograte to CFS2, seemed to not be right. Then I renamed to CFSII then did new install CFSWWI; the first install changed.
    Now I have removed all from that drive to figure out what I'm doing.
    Also there was a file called GSL,not sure what it is and where it goes...

Sorry I think I have two threads going asking kinda the same thing...DUHHHHH ; and I havn't even had a Beer

GSL is Global Scenery Layer. This places the objects around the airfields. I''m not sure if you should replace the stock CFS2.GSL with the one you got with your download or use GSLMan.exe to merge the one you downloaded with the stock CFS2.GSL.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    GSL is Global Scenery Layer. This places the objects around the airfields. I''m not sure if you should replace the stock CFS2.GSL with the one you got with your download or use GSLMan.exe to merge the one you downloaded with the stock CFS2.GSL.
    I think that was one of the problems I caused not knowing what it was first. I'll check out GSLMan.exe thing, see if I can figure out. Sure would like to get this WWI up and running.

Thanks

You should look in the read me. Since your doing a WWII set up it may have you remove the stock CFS2.GSL and you may not need to use GSLMan.exe.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Easy Flier,

check your PMs. I think I can help you with the WWI install. I've spent most of the last 2years working on it.

I've done scenery and a few missions for it. Currently I'm working on more scenery and a Belgian campaign.

till Later,
    John
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Members who have read this thread: 8