CFS2_A6M7_ZERO by Oglivie and team! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CFS2_A6M7_ZERO by Oglivie and team!

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    C'mon man!...REALLY??? Not even a thank you first?!? And is a breaking engine really something to go back to the workshop for? Just shoot it down and move on...
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb737 View Post
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Hey guys,

While I agree and understand the time of the thread, remember to keep it civil. The rivet-counter point is well taken, but remember that sarcasm doesn't help either.

We'll call this the "shot across the bow."
    Rami,

Okay, sorry for the last post...didn't see your post in time. (oopsie)

Quote Originally Posted by Oglivie View Post
    Maxstuka, You may make modifications to the model if you want to. I did my best with the time I had to work on it, I have other responsibilities to attend to as a lot of us do also.
    It is ok, man!. The only that I do was get a idea , an observation, if you are working with the model, but if you have completed. Ok.

Thanks,and Happy 2014 new year.

I think just a bad person can accuse me of bads intentions. most well know, always what I do is to make things better, and of course the appreciation does not come with one saying "thank you" (there are thousands users who do not say thank you), only to see the number of users who download our files is the best satisfaction.

But I has left a very bad mood, anyone can come to the forum to get dirty and lying without even contribution.

Maxstuka, You may make modifications to the model if you want to. I did my best with the time I had to work on it, I have other responsibilities to attend to as a lot of us do also.
    It is ok, man!. The only that I do was get a idea , an observation, if you are working with the model, but if you have completed. Ok.

Thanks,and Happy 2014 new year.

I think just a bad person can accuse me of bads intentions. most well know, always what I do is to make things better, and of course the appreciation does not come with one saying "thank you" (there are thousands users who do not say thank you), only to see the number of users who download our files is the best satisfaction.

But I has left a very bad mood, anyone can come to the forum to get dirty and lying without even contribution.

Pd: Talon, I was wrong, your contribution in this thread is hate.

Blog Entries

Thank you for this new bird Oglivie

Hello All,

I just uploaded an A6M7 Zero scasmed from Allen's A6M5c model and permission from Allen for upload. A6M7 has three liveries that are reworks of UncleTgt's A6M5c paints and uploaded via permission from him. The liveries include 210th and 302nd Kokutais that were based at Meiji and Atsugi in 1945.

Enjoy!

O
    Thank you for this new model Oglivie, the bird is fine and the air to air rockets payload is great.
    I added to you bird th exhaust effects I made for Allen's A6M5c model, it fits your model perfectly
    This effect can be founded at the SOH library under the namr "CFS2 AM5C by Allen Exhaust effects.zip" in the CFS2 effect folder

Thanks again to you, Allen and Uncle Tgt, for your work and contribution
    and a happy new year to all SOH members

Found this: http://www.wwiivehicles.com/japan/ai.../air-units.asp

While researching your Japanese airbases.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Nice find, DD
    Thank You...it appears to be accurate info too compared to what I already have in my other docs, so I think good info through out the web site.

Maxstuka,

A lot of us that do CFS2 designing and other projects put so much thought (brain work) into their projects that their work should be appreciated with comments, especially those that have been doing complex projects for years, and rightly so. Talon is one of those people that has been around and worked on CFS2 when it first became available for purchase, and put together more CFS2 projects for everyone than just about anyone else.

Comments also to improve on a project are welcome also, but appreciation comments should be included too. I haven't always been around the forum or neglected to thank others too, so I am guilty of that also. However, I hope you all accept that my thoughts of appreciation is always there for everyone. Being tired and somewhat out of it last night, I don't feel that I was organizing my thoughts very well.

Anyway, you got my curiosity going about the nose structure and I want to tinker with the model somemore. I was able to locate the scasm hex code that needs to be in the model code for the nose structure and I am going to see if I can get it to work. I currently think it is very do able and won't be too much of a problem to do. I should have something you can test out this weekend.

My Best Regards,
    Oglivie

Oglivie,

I suspect that you will be seeing these -7 models in the British Pacific Fleet missions when the fleet goes about attacking the Japanese homeland coming up in July through August 1945 prior to the 2 September surrender.

You have my deep appreciation and thanks for creating these babies just so that the BPF squadrons can splash them!
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog73 View Post
    Oglivie,

I suspect that you will be seeing these -7 models in the British Pacific Fleet missions when the fleet goes about attacking the Japanese homeland coming up in July through August 1945 prior to the 2 September surrender.

You have my deep appreciation and thanks for creating these babies just so that the BPF squadrons can splash them!
    DD,

(lol) I should be able to have an updated model available this weekend (or by the weekend if all goes well) to test out the added breaking part(s). If it works out well it will add some more spectacular air debris. We'll see how it works out. You're welcome and the missions you state appear interesting, I think those were some major air battles at the closing months of the war.

Best Regards,
    O

DD,

(lol) I should be able to have an updated model available this weekend (or by the weekend if all goes well) to test out the added breaking part(s). If it works out well it will add some more spectacular air debris. We'll see how it works out. You're welcome and the missions you state appear interesting, I think those were some major air battles at the closing months of the war.

Best Regards,
    O
    O,

I have Operation Meridian finished. Today I finished Iceberg I and Iceberg Oolong. Depending on the rest of the week, I should have a good start on Iceberg II perhaps finished by this weekend.

My next Masters class starts this coming Monday, so not a lot of time after that for a few months.

DD73
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Worthless View Post
    Right you are! I downloaded it on Friday and neglected that little detail. So, Oglivie and team....my thanks for your great work. Nothing to do this rainy Sunday but try out this latest fine AC.

Well, Sunday didn't work out but yesterday did. A very nice bird O. Good thing it only appeared late in the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Worthless View Post
    Well, Sunday didn't work out but yesterday did. A very nice bird O. Good thing it only appeared late in the war.
    Thank You...It might have to be de-tuned though for DD73's missions. I'd like his campaigns be winnable.

Nose Structure Update...

I had commented earlier that I would look at the nose structure and my results of my findings are commented on below.

I investigated through out the scasm code of the model and found that the hex code (0x0800 mask) is already present and correctly coded for all the LODs of the model for the damage to the nose structure.

The DP appears to be correctly set for the nose structure effects and breakage also. To have the nose structure break away/damage with less hits would be to reduce the dice needed to break it in the DP [systems] section at system.0 (this value is highlighted in red below)

system.0=%system_name.0%,443,0

Regards,
    O

Thank You...It might have to be de-tuned though for DD73's missions. I'd like his campaigns be winnable.
    Remember Brother O, by the time the 7 series took to the air there were very few experienced pilots left in the Imperial Japanese Army and Naval Air Forces.

These babies were being flown by inexperienced babies of the Empire. The 7s probably overwhelmed their skills.

When I add them to the missions of the BPF, they will be flown by rookies against veterans and aces.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog73 View Post
    Remember Brother O, by the time the 7 series took to the air there were very few experienced pilots left in the Imperial Japanese Army and Naval Air Forces.

These babies were being flown by inexperienced babies of the Empire. The 7s probably overwhelmed their skills.

When I add them to the missions of the BPF, they will be flown by rookies against veterans and aces.
    Good point there DD73. There were a few experienced pilots, but some of those pilots had been wounded in previous battles. Saburo Sakai with one eye, but still flew combat and also Yutaka Morioka who is credited with five aircraft the last couple weeks of the war, with a hook on his left arm. The Japanese Naval pilot training was strict and only accepted the very best aviators during the early years of the conflict. That washed out a number of aviators and helped contribute to the shortage of experienced pilots toward the last part of war (It is what I read in Sakai's autobiography). Plus the fact of course that range and manuevarability took precedence over pilot armor and self-sealing fuel tanks, which also caused a loss of pilots with the earlier aircraft types.

Cheers,
    O
    Last edited by Oglivie; January 6th, 2014 at 15:55.

Members who have read this thread: 50