Missing B26aircraft in standard CFS3 install

Thread: Missing B26aircraft in standard CFS3 install

Missing B26aircraft in standard CFS3 install

After installing cfs3 per Tail winds video for Win7 and updating to 3.1, I notice that the B25 aircraft appear in the Great Britain list of aircraft but the B26 aircraft donot appear in any of the aircraft lists. Can any one tell me how to recover them? I wouldn't worry about it except these missing aircraft give me a "mismatch"error whenever I try to join a game on the FS server. It seems that my version of cfs3 has to have the exact same aircraft available as to what is on the FS server or I get the error and cant join the game.
    hELP

Do the 3.1a update as well. If the B-26 doesn't show up, you need to reinstall from scratch using the CDs/DVD.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Home for tea and tiffin! BeauBrummie's Avatar
    The B-25 does only come up in the British listing, 3 variants. The B-26 should have 3 variants under the US listings. If I remember correctly the patch 3.1 fixes some B-25 bugs (among other things) and 3.1a allows CFS3 to use 4 engine aircraft. The B-26 is stock and should be there as standard. So it does sound as if you need to re-install.

Read this review of the 3.1 patch http://www.gamershell.com/news_5811.html it shows that the B-26 was there and the patch fixed some issues with the model
    Last edited by BeauBrummie; December 15th, 2013 at 01:28.

Check out my website for info on CFS3, the Mosquito, Coastal Command, Coastal Forces and hosting 3rd Party Add-Ons.
    BEAUBRUMMIE'S CFS3 WEBSITE
    The Mosquito DBKF DH98 PROJECT
    Check out my YouTube video's
    BEAU'S CFS3 MOVIES

Opening up the aircraft.cfg in my vanilla version of cfs3; for the B-25 I have 3 versions:b-25c,b_25j,b_25h. And for the B-26 I have only 2 versions:b_26c,b_26g.

Anyone out there running CFS3 multiplayer/Win7 successfully?

Quote Originally Posted by gosd View Post
    Opening up the aircraft.cfg in my vanilla version of cfs3; for the B-25 I have 3 versions:b-25c,b_25j,b_25h. And for the B-26 I have only 2 versions:b_26c,b_26g.
    I concur with your number of b-25 and b-26 aircraft in the stock aircraft lists.
    I had a lot of help on TeamSpeak yesterday from two forum members in trying to trouble shoot this. They had me try just about everything to get rid of the mismatch error on joining a game with no success. I have come to the conclusion this may be a Windows 7 problem.
    Is there anyone out there who is successfullly doing multiplayer with CFS3 while running under Windows 7? If so, I would like to collaborate with you.

Quote Originally Posted by italflyer View Post
    Been following these instructions already?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-and-Windows-7
    Followed the instructions on that thread explicitly. Plus got a lot of TeamSpeak help from two forum members. None of us can figure out why I am getting the aircraft mismatch when attempting to join a multiplayer game.

Are you running CFS3 under Win7 successfully in multiplayer? If so wouldlike to collaborate with you on TeamSpeak.

Quote Originally Posted by jellis00 View Post
    Followed the instructions on that thread explicitly. Plus got a lot of TeamSpeak help from two forum members. None of us can figure out why I am getting the aircraft mismatch when attempting to join a multiplayer game.

Are you running CFS3 under Win7 successfully in multiplayer? If so wouldlike to collaborate with you on TeamSpeak.
    Yes, Win7 64 bit. It's been a while I've been flying online though. Will have to see if we find a time which suits both of us. I'm living in Europe (Switzerland).

Just been checking my HD, looks like I still have a stock install of CFS3. Sure got all my other installs all modded to the max. (MAW, ETO, PTO, Rising Sun)

Members who have read this thread: 19