Will X-Plane Suceed FSX?

Thread: Will X-Plane Suceed FSX?

Will X-Plane Suceed FSX?

I just would like to know what or if X-Plane would become the game of choice in the far
    future?

Cheers

Casey

I would say P3D would be the obvious choice as well.

Yes P3D for compatibility reasons alone it should prosper, although LM don't seem to advertise outside our already small and dwindling community. so maybe X-Plane will usurp and take the crown. Tell me I'm wrong on the advertising, I have yet to see one.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

To be fair, p3d is intended as a tool for LM military customers applications in the
    first instance, (I know they have academic and developer licence too ) and not really destined for
    the more casual game market. LM dont see themselves as game developers.

If we are talking about a mass marketed program, then x-plane is the only
    option if world wide scenery is important to you.

Ttfn

Pete

X-Plane!

Having seen the recent screenshot threads over at Avsim on both P3D and X-Plane I think X-Plane looks lots better, has better textures, cloud shadows, better dynamic shadows, water, environment, road traffic etc.. Just look at these for instance: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/428496-...tzerland-xp10/

Edit: also GODRAYS: http://images.sundog-soft.com/sds/wp.../08/T28C_2.png

All out of the box or using freeware addons. Flight modelling is better anyway. But I have found the option GUI more cumbersome than FS, so once that is more comfortable it will beat P3D hands down. Once more developers will start on it, we will see this become more and more popular. Only thing I would miss is seasonal textures and more default airports.

Most simmers are freeloading on an academic license in any case IMO, only few state they bought the professional and developers license. ALL simmers should be buying the professional version as clearly stated in the EULA. EULA discussions have even been banned on Avsim in an attempt to deflect this issue (which is pretty crazy IMO). Everyone just seems to shut their eyes on this and hope that LM takes a tongue-in-cheek attitude to their EULA, but I think this is a bit risky - I believe that LM will be lenient as long as there are bugs being ironed out, but they could switch over to a If-you-use-it-pay-in-full anytime it suits them.

So I agree with Motormouse 100%!

I think we'll be seeing more of these sim vs. sim discussions as each simmer will be defending his/her sim of choice instead of settling in to enjoy it.

Sascha
    Last edited by Sascha66; December 14th, 2013 at 05:49.

Nah. Along with Sascha's awesome textures, FS9 for me!

I am looking at procurement of P3Dv2 for my gaming machine... Have to admit, it looks very tempting from the screenies I've seen. Still... I'll be flying FS9 for a good bit longer, and occasionally FSXA.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man