RAZBAM and Carenado goodies on sale...

Thread: RAZBAM and Carenado goodies on sale...

RAZBAM and Carenado goodies on sale...

Over at the Flightsim Pilot Shop. Now you have no reason not to have Duckie's excellent A-4 Skyhawk repaints gracing your virtual skies, or any one of a number of superb RAZBAM or Carenado models. Razbam Skyhawk Volumes are $5 apiece and I grabbed the Carenado Skywagon for just under $7.50.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Ooh! Ooh! I know! I picked up the FS9 Cessna Caravan for $7.50 USD.
    ...things will go as they will; and there's no use hurrying to meet them.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Just picked up the 337. Excellent hand-flier. Only problem is a severe case of the bouncies upon taxiing. I read somewhere, I believe on this site, about a fix for this at the Carenado home page. I went there but couldn't find in their support section FAQ about the tendency to bounce. Does one have to contact Carenado support for this, or does someone have the fix to insert in the config file - or the new .air file, if that's what's called for? I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Charter Member 2016
    The bouncing fix is in the updates section - right here. http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Port...?accion=update
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Got it. Thanks!!!

I've been flying the Carenado C185 around for a little while.... They really got that one as close to the real deal as you can get. I have flown the real Cessna 185, as well as the older 180, and Carenado's model has pretty much the same characteristics. I am impressed.

BB686

Captainsim is also having a sale: Everything for $9.99 during 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSim newsletter
    Greetings,
    We are pleased to announce that exclusively at Captain Sim online store, from 00:00 to 23:59 16DEC2013 (UTC) everything is Euro 9.99!
    Visit us at: http://www.captainsim.com Important: 24 hours only. At 23:59 16DEC2013 (UTC) all prices are back to regular.
    If traffic exceeds our expectations some of our servers slowdown/outage is possible during the sale event.

Stay tuned,
    Captain Sim News

I wish I never read the above post...

Quote Originally Posted by XXXXXXXX View Post
    XXXXXXX XXX is also having a sale: Everything for $9.99 during 24 hours.
    I went and checked out their site pre-sale. I found a nice float C130 for FS9 for Euro 5.99 or USD 8.49. Bought it -or so I thought:

From what I went through last night and this morning -about five hours so far, and counting- dealing with XXXXXXX XXX directly has been nothing short of a nightmare. I paid for a product last night/this morning, but guess what? I still don't have it. I'm not very happy about it either...

I never had a problem buying the C130 XXXXXXXe from Just Flight -which also came with the LXXXXXXy C130 for FS9...
    That's who you need to be pimping here -a company who has a thing called a great reputation, and great service...no 24 hour sale needed...

This is by far THE WORSE experience I ever had with buying any payware -and I've bought tons of payware from many other developers out there...

I will have to wait until Monday to see if they will help via email request, but I'm not holding my breath -because XX will run this 24 hour sale, and they will probably have no support in the meantime -only a forum that I can't post in, where admins or the only peeps allowed to post in- post pictures of YXXXXXs...no help.

If they do help me, I will rightfully come back here and say they did. If not, I will have nothing good to say about them, and will warn everyone out there on what happened to me, and what to expect...
    Last edited by flyon; December 15th, 2013 at 12:33. Reason: Don't want post to be seen as libelous...

Captain Sim may have a reputation for poor service, but please be careful to keep comment related to facts. Opinions can be construed as libel, and that's not something we can open ourselves up to. It's nothing new around here to have CS-related threads locked and even deleted for such comments.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Captain Sim may have a reputation for poor service, but please be careful to keep comment related to facts. Opinions can be construed as libel, and that's not something we can open ourselves up to. It's nothing new around here to have CS-related threads locked and even deleted for such comments.
    Fixed. My apologies sir.

I have much more to say on the subject though -the facts are the facts- but I will do it differently down the road from now on. Thank you.

I'm not a frequent poster (for shame!) and I tend to stay away from these controversies but I wanted to say this: I read all the nightmare threads related to Captain Sim, the various problems encountered when trying to install/reinstall their products and they couldn't contrast more with my personal experience. I've bought their c-130, 727 and 757 and, aside from their store forcing you to log in again and again, the experience has been smooth: buy, pay, download, install, activate, fly...nothing more. Even the reinstall when switching PCs/Oses went smoothly......perhaps their customer support took more than 24hrs to revalidate my keys after I sent the mails but still problem-less overall.

If your experience has been the opposite, I can imagine your frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by r678idtyj View Post
    I'm not a frequent poster (for shame!) and I tend to stay away from these controversies but I wanted to say this: I read all the nightmare threads related to Captain Sim, the various problems encountered when trying to install/reinstall their products and they couldn't contrast more with my personal experience. I've bought their c-130, 727 and 757 and, aside from their store forcing you to log in again and again, the experience has been smooth: buy, pay, download, install, activate, fly...nothing more. Even the reinstall when switching PCs/Oses went smoothly......perhaps their customer support took more than 24hrs to revalidate my keys after I sent the mails but still problem-less overall.

If your experience has been the opposite, I can imagine your frustration.
    Thanks for posting this, and thanks for understanding the frustration I went through last night.
    How your purchases with XX is exactly how my C130 purchase package with Just Flight went -no hitches. Very quick, everything was installed correctly in the right places, and my Windows Defender/Trend Micro firewall/anti virus programs liked what JF was sending me (more on that a/v thing later...).

Upon reading this and some posts at another site, I decided to give it another go, even though they never emailed me back, as they are officially open for business now. Oz is ahead of us here time-wise, and the sale has been going for a few hours now. This must have made the servers active or something...not sure...
    Anyways, I did get my float plane. No hitch (a caveat there, thanks to a/v). The activation key worked on the first try, it installed correctly and flies like a dream, as I expected.

So I went ahead and purchased the expansion pack for the legend 130 FS9. Again, everything went without a hitch. Sort of...

Two problems immediately arose: even with the WDefender and TM turned off during d/l and install, once I turned them back on, the TM automatically erased the newly installed FS9 XX C130 Aircraft Configuration Editor. When I looked at the a/v's list, there was 2 listings for XX, and they said it was trojanware. If I try to reinstall it, TM erases it immediately. If the XX's exe shows up anywhere on my pc, TM vanishes it without asking me -even though I have anything XX allowed and unblocked... That's very frustrating too. My ACE from JF was/is just fine, no trojan detection issues whatsoever...

The second problem: The ski plane has no ailerons whatsoever. The yoke works in the cockpit, but they don't work on the plane. Nor do the arrow keys on the keyboard. I checked them on my settings in-game, they are good.
    Is there a trick to using them on this ski plane? Why don't they work? Doesn't the C130 ski plane have ailerons in real life?

I'm hoping to get a response from XX's support. I should have heard from them by now. I have many questions for them.
    At least I do now have the planes I paid for, somewhat...

I'm not sure who to ask about XX C130 matters, so that's why I posed the questions here now. You guys here seem to have vast knowledge on stuff like this...
    Last edited by flyon; December 15th, 2013 at 18:21.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flyon View Post
    Thanks for posting this, and thanks for understanding the frustration I went through last night.
    How your purchases with XX is exactly how my C130 purchase package with Just Flight went -no hitches. Very quick, everything was installed correctly in the right places, and my Windows Defender/Trend Micro firewall/anti virus programs liked what JF was sending me (more on that a/v thing later...).

Upon reading this and some posts at another site, I decided to give it another go, even though they never emailed me back, as they are officially open for business now. Oz is ahead of us here time-wise, and the sale has been going for a few hours now. This must have made the servers active or something...not sure...
    Anyways, I did get my float plane. No hitch (a caveat there, thanks to a/v). The activation key worked on the first try, it installed correctly and flies like a dream, as I expected.

So I went ahead and purchased the expansion pack for the legend 130 FS9. Again, everything went without a hitch. Sort of...

Two problems immediately arose: even with the WDefender and TM turned off during d/l and install, once I turned them back on, the TM automatically erased the newly installed FS9 XX C130 Aircraft Configuration Editor. When I looked at the a/v's list, there was 2 listings for XX, and they said it was trojanware. If I try to reinstall it, TM erases it immediately. If the XX's exe shows up anywhere on my pc, TM vanishes it without asking me -even though I have anything XX allowed and unblocked... That's very frustrating too. My ACE from JF was/is just fine, no trojan detection issues whatsoever...

The second problem: The ski plane has no ailerons whatsoever. The yoke works in the cockpit, but they don't work on the plane. Nor do the arrow keys on the keyboard. I checked them on my settings in-game, they are good.
    Is there a trick to using them on this ski plane? Why don't they work? Doesn't the C130 ski plane have ailerons in real life?

I'm hoping to get a response from XX's support. I should have heard from them by now. I have many questions for them.
    At least I do now have the planes I paid for, somewhat...

I'm not sure who to ask about XX C130 matters, so that's why I posed the questions here now. You guys here seem to have vast knowledge on stuff like this...
    Flyon, I think it is time to step back and take a deep breath and count to ten. As Tom Clayton, a fellow moderator has already warned this thread is in danger of being closed and deleted.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

I'm not trying to start a ruckus here, but I received the email about the $9.99 Sale from them, AFTER the sale expired. I know some don't think that would be very funny, but in a way... it was. Made me laff.

Besides that... having a really good time with the Skyraider and the Scooter packs from Razbam, and Carenado's superb C-185.

BB686

I snagged the C-337 and the 182RG. I have been looking at both for some time and I was really excited to see this very generous sale! Thank you Carendo!
    Take my love, take my land / Take me where I cannot stand, I don't care, I'm still free / You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black / Tell 'em I ain't comin' back.

Burn the land and boil the sea / You can't take the sky from me...

Bouncy Castle

I have five Carenado planes, having been tempted by sales like this in past years. They're great aircraft, and a real bargain at these rates, but I was never able to get the 185 Bush to move on the ground or pavement or even water and snow without severe bouncing. The bouncing patch didn't work, the suggestions by Carenado didn't work, and even the generous help by none other than Milton Shupe couldn't get it to work. It seems that aircraft perform differently on different systems...I don't know. In any event, I'd still recommend Carenado aircraft.

I can't say for the bush model... but the standard Carenado C-185 is just fine on the ground. Seems you have run the gauntlet with the C-185 Bush Plane... and I'm sure you've tried it all, but I will make a suggestion anyway... Un-install the plane and the patch, and then re-install the plane, then the patch. Not saying it'd work but it's worth a shot. I have three Carenado models, the C-185, the Beech Mentor and V-35. All seem to work with no issues.

BB686

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet Canuck View Post
    I have five Carenado planes, having been tempted by sales like this in past years. They're great aircraft, and a real bargain at these rates, but I was never able to get the 185 Bush to move on the ground or pavement or even water and snow without severe bouncing. The bouncing patch didn't work, the suggestions by Carenado didn't work, and even the generous help by none other than Milton Shupe couldn't get it to work. It seems that aircraft perform differently on different systems...I don't know. In any event, I'd still recommend Carenado aircraft.
    RE: the Cessna 185 bouncies. There's a fix out there somewhere. Try searching the usual places for "J. Scott Dickenson". I hope you find it. If not, shoot me a PM and I'll try to get it to you.

LA
    ...things will go as they will; and there's no use hurrying to meet them.

SOH-CM-2020
    Do you still need the new cfg's for the Bush 185 ?

Pete.

Yes, I still do. I looked for the J. Scott Dickenson file in Sim Outhouse, Simviation, Avsim and Flightsim, but no results.

I have a copy of the C-185 'Bouncing Fix', dated 2010 that I downloaded from Carenado way back then.

To be honest, I never installed the updated .cfg file; with some practice I've been able to land both the Tundra and Standard versions without bouncing down the runway.

I found that for some reason, the 185 needs to be treated with kid gloves! On the Takeoff roll; let the tail come up naturally, and let her lift off on her own. On Landing, she needs just the right combination of flare and airspeed so that she lands 3 point, right at the stall. If I really concentrate, I can get her on the ground 3 out of 5 times with a minimal amount of bounce.

Another thing that helps me personally is the addition of the 2D Panel that's over at FlightSim.com. It was made using a .bmp image of the VC Panel, with 2D gauges. I also added a Lift Reserve Indicator (LRI) gauge, which is similar to an AoA indicator.

Just my 2¢... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	santa1.gif 
Views:	85 
Size:	746 Bytes 
ID:	1795

I never had a real issue with the standard Carenado C-185 model. Yeah... it'll bounce if you don't come down softly, also a flaps up landing can be an experience in itself, as in the real airplane. I have flown a Cessna 180, with a 220HP Lycoming engine and a McCauley 3 blade prop. Basically a C-185 conversion. You can put 6 blokes in that plane with all their gear, and it won't even flinch while flying in the Colorado mountains. Landing that plane takes a certain degree of finesse. Seems that the slower the airspeed over the fence, the less chance of bouncing, although the real deal doesn't bounce quite like the FS model.... BTW, I don't have the tundra version.

BB686

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Flyon, I think it is time to step back and take a deep breath and count to ten. As Tom Clayton, a fellow moderator has already warned this thread is in danger of being closed and deleted.
    You were right, I needed to count to ten. Or in this case, a count to a thousand would have sufficed...lol

I went into the manual that came with my JF DVD. That manual isn't just a few pages -it's a pretty thick book actually, 240 pages worth- and it goes to great lengths to make sure that you know exactly what you bought.

In reading that manual, it clearly states that the JF and CS versions are non-compatible with each other.
    (It must have something to do with copyright protection between both developers, and I was wrong to attempt to morph both versions onto FS9. Doing so would or will probably mess up registries and registry values, and I should have known better...)

So I bought the base pack directly off of CS. In the process, I had to delete the JF Legendary planes, but the expansion pack works now.

In the final analysis, I should have done a lot more homework before buying anything -can't blame that on any company or software developer, that's on me.
    In essence, my words in this thread towards CS (before tonight) were a bit harsh, so for that I will now apologize to moderator Tom, yourself, the SOH site admins, and CS...

The thing that I miss about not having the JF Legendary vs the CS Base/Expansion pack? The JF FS9 version had a neat program built into FS9 when you installed it on your pc. It was a feature that you could call up in while in flight: C130 mid-air refueling.

It's a great way to utilize the radar package in the C130: You click the link (see screencap), and it "calls up" a tanker. You then find it on the radar, and then fly to it and attempt to do mid-air refueling.

The key word in that last sentence: attempt...lol

So in the end, it's nice to have the extra versions of the C130, but I really liked the JF C130 refueling program, I hated to lose it.
    It's a tough trade-off for me now, but the problem's fixed.

Thanks for the "deep breath" advice Pat...

Members who have read this thread: 68