Ant's T-28B & C Released - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ant's T-28B & C Released

Quote Originally Posted by mgchrist5 View Post
    Funny you mention that, Paul! I was just reading that old article the other day on the Airbum site.

http://airbum.com/pireps/PirepT-28A.html

Hello Mark,

Thank for the link to this pirep about T-28. It is always interredsting to read pilot report about an airplane that we have in our vvirtual hangar.

Have a good day

Benoit
    ALPHA BLEU CIEL Gmax Ac RESTAURAVIA Royale French Navy

Hello,

When will be available the B/C paintkit?

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by mgchrist5 View Post
    Funny you mention that, Paul! I was just reading that old article the other day on the Airbum site.

http://airbum.com/pireps/PirepT-28A.html
    Wow, that's awesome. That may very well have been the article I read so many years ago. Thanks!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I just e-mailed them and I'll report back when I get a response.
    Still nothing received from FSS.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Hello,

When will be available the B/C paintkit?

Zsolt
    Does anybody want the B/C paintkit?

So far no one has mentioned it but I guess if someone does want one I can do one.

Just downloaded the T-28D updated version from FSS. I'll put the zip file in storage since I have already updated with Anthony's file.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

^ Hi John

Does this mean that FSS has updated the T-28D to V2 (ie 160MB approx download size) for existing T-28D customers?

If they have then I recommend that anyone who has downloaded the patch I made to also download the new installer for their backups. The patch means you need to install V1.0 or V1.1 first and then the patch while the installer from the retailer means you only need to run the installer. Much easier to just run the V2 installer if you ever need to reinstall FSX.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony31 View Post
    ^ Hi John

Does this mean that FSS has updated the T-28D to V2 (ie 160MB approx download size) for existing T-28D customers?

Yes, Anthony, it is the T-28D V2 for existing customers. Good advice to load V2 when needed. I had a chance to ride in the back seat of a T-28 back in the '70s during my Navy career. For a sailor use to flying in P-3s, it was an incredible thrill. I really love your T-28s...thanks so much.
    Last edited by jojohnson9; December 16th, 2013 at 17:51.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Paint kit...

Anthony,

Yes, I would absolutely like a B/C paintkit!

Thanks,

Kent

Anthony,

We REALLY need a paint kit for the wonderful B/C!

Bill

I've just uploaded the paintkit. You can find the download link on the T-28 product page under PAINTKIT.

http://www.antsairplanes.com/trojan.html

About 190MB in size (unpacks to 400MB). Files are in photoshop PSD format. I use PSP but exported them as PSD.

zsoltquack,

You have a new PM.

Regards,

Russ

Blog Entries

bomb/rocket files

Hello,

Got the Trojan as part of the PC Aviator sale a couple of weeks back. Simply lovely, Ant - phenomenal work.

My question is why the rocket and bomb models show up as "aircraft" in the aircraft list. Thinking that as most weapons, I should move them to the "Misc" folder - they still appear in the aircraft list in the sim. Why is that? I'd like, if possible to have my menu as tidy as possible - wondering how to fix this.

thanks,

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Hello,

Got the Trojan as part of the PC Aviator sale a couple of weeks back. Simply lovely, Ant - phenomenal work.

My question is why the rocket and bomb models show up as "aircraft" in the aircraft list. Thinking that as most weapons, I should move them to the "Misc" folder - they still appear in the aircraft list in the sim. Why is that? I'd like, if possible to have my menu as tidy as possible - wondering how to fix this.

thanks,

dl
    Says here in the manual:

Note: You may notice entries for the "North American T28 Bomb 100lb" and "North American T28
    SCAR Rocket". The bomb and rockets are AI aircraft objects. In multiplayer mode these need to be
    available as selectable aircraft otherwise they will be substituted by another aircraft when called.
    Refer to the section on Multiplayer for more details

Blog Entries
    thanks - installed today ... didn't get a chance to read all the manual in my excitement ...

Having re-read the manual, it looks like I still need these in place as AI "aircraft" - even if not in multiplayer, correct? Sounds like they need to be there irrespective of whether in single player or multi player mode. Anyone who can confirm?

thanks,

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    thanks - installed today ... didn't get a chance to read all the manual in my excitement ...

Having re-read the manual, it looks like I still need these in place as AI "aircraft" - even if not in multiplayer, correct? Sounds like they need to be there irrespective of whether in single player or multi player mode. Anyone who can confirm?

thanks,

dl
    The bombs and rockets were originally placed in the MISC folder but in testing for MP it was found that they needed to be in the AIRCRAFT folder otherwise they would be model replaced by something else (in my case, the default FSX glider). If you are not playing in MP at all it should be safe to move the bombs and rockets folders from AIRCRAFT to MISC and it will still work OK in single player.

Realize this is an old thread, but I just purchased Ant's T-28B/C and I'm trying to sort a small (I believe) issue. In the .pdf manual for the B/C model under interior lighting it states "The Instrument Panel is lit by either red lights or ultraviolet lights or any combination of these two lighting systems. The UV lights have a switch which must be set to ON to operate the UV lights. The UV lighting is a black light that reacts with special paint on the instrument dials." This is version 1.11 on page 24 of the manual. I loved this feature in the Alpha model and believed it transferred to the B/C. I can't find any switch marked for UV on/off. Not a showstopper, just a feature that I thought was included. Anybody have a fix or was this just not modeled. Hawkdriver

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Amazing repaint Zsolt !

Members who have read this thread: 128