Ant's T-28B & C Released - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ant's T-28B & C Released

Icon9

Well, I'm having the same bad experience with FSS as everyone else.

They are now selling the B/C model and the updated D model, but for those of us who purchased version 1.10 of the D model there is no update.

I can also attest that they have no responded to my e-mail. I have just sent another one, but I'm not holding my breath.

Sorry about the problems, Anthony. I just love the Trojan, but any update or future purchase will just have to wait.
    Last edited by WarHorse47; December 12th, 2013 at 20:37.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Oh what fun being a developer is.

Thanks so much to everyone for being so patient. It is wonderful that not one person has sent me a rude email throughout this whole ordeal.

I will get onto making that patch for the D model and upload it in a few hours time to my website.

Hopefully, FSS will read the support tickets and fix things up with the correct link to V2 for existing T-28D customers.

As mentioned before the old T-28D version 1 and 1.1 were around 112MB in size while version 2 is around 165MB (which seems to be the most reliable way to tell the difference between versions, even though I number versions some retailers change the filenames).

It seems that the D Version 2 and B/C are available at fss now but there seems to be a problem for those who already bought the T-28D and they can't download the new V2.

Still no word from PC Aviator Australia.

Patch for T-28D version 1.0 and 1.1 to upgrade to version 2.0 is now available from my website:

http://www.antsairplanes.com/downloa...DV200patch.zip

You must have a valid T-28D version 1.0 or 1.1 already installed (the installer will check this) and you need your user code for the original T-28D.

Only those people who are having problems downloading the T-28D version 2 from their retailers account should use this patch (ie FSS or PC Aviator Australia customers). The installer from the retailers is a standalone installer, while this patch require the T-28D version 1.0 or 1.1 already be installed.

If you have installed the T-28D into P3D you should be able to point the installer to the P3D directory. Otherwise, run the T-28D 1.0 or 1.1 installer into a dummy FSX folder, then run the patch and point it into the dummy FSX folder. From there you can copy across the necessary files to P3D.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony31 View Post
    Patch for T-28D version 1.0 and 1.1 to upgrade to version 2.0 is now available from my website:

www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsT28DV200patch.zip

You must have a valid T-28D version 1.0 or 1.1 already installed (the installer will check this) and you need your user code for the original T-28D.

Only those people who are having problems downloading the T-28D version 2 from their retailers account should use this patch (ie FSS or PC Aviator Australia customers). The installer from the retailers is a standalone installer, while this patch require the T-28D version 1.0 or 1.1 already be installed.

If you have installed the T-28D into P3D you should be able to point the installer to the P3D directory. Otherwise, run the T-28D 1.0 or 1.1 installer into a dummy FSX folder, then run the patch and point it into the dummy FSX folder. From there you can copy across the necessary files to P3D.
    Many thanks, Anthony !

The C is the best fun. I had a ball last evening making traps on the "Shangri La" that came with John's Navy Mustang package.

I tried installing it in P3D v2.0. It installed fine but it causes CTDs after a few minutes. This happens with many other complicated addons though and I understand that it was not developed for v2.0.

It runs great in FSX with DX10 though.

D version is fantastic
    B and C is just Brilliant

Thank you Ant's for both the updated vers 2 of the D
    and for doing the B&C models Love Them

A must have Purchase for 2013

www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsT28DV200patch.zip

Thank you, Anthony.
    -- WH

Thank you very much,Anthony----great support!
    Update at FSS still not available.
    Mike

Anthony

Thank you for the patch. FSS update for the D is still not available.

EDIT: Installed the patch from Anthony and had no difficulties at all
    Again Thanks!

VCN-1
    Last edited by VCN-1; December 13th, 2013 at 06:56. Reason: Update

Thank you Anthony!
    V 2 upgrade worked perfectly....

Many thanks and Seasons Greetings
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Very kind Anthony! Thank you! Is there a change log between 1.1 and 2.0?

EDIT: Ooops I see the info in the manual, thanks!
    Last edited by ryanbatc; December 13th, 2013 at 11:05.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Thank you Anthony for the kind and uncomplicated solution. She installed fine...

Still no sign of the update for existing owners over at FSS...

A
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Add my sincere thanks, Anthony. Update works great, the D is now perfect. Love the B & C models too. Who needs FSS anyway? Seriously, won't be buying from them again.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

No affiliation, but in defense of FSS, they are the main outlet for Orbx-products. With the sale (and subsequent support requests) and a recent spate of Orbx-releases, there's only so much one can do in a given amount of time with a limited amount of staff. Personally, I have nothing but good experiences with them. So you have to wait a bit longer for the update. Big deal. It's not like v1.0 is unflyable.
    TFZ-034
    "I fought the law and the law won ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lawman View Post
    No affiliation, but in defense of FSS, they are the main outlet for Orbx-products. With the sale (and subsequent support requests) and a recent spate of Orbx-releases, there's only so much one can do in a given amount of time with a limited amount of staff. Personally, I have nothing but good experiences with them. So you have to wait a bit longer for the update. Big deal. It's not like v1.0 is unflyable.
    I agree, I've had very good dealings with FSS except for the delay with the T28D update. I certainly would not let this one exception change my future buying habits.

Should be avliable from pc aviator aus, dean just updated.
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

I agree, it is a little harsh on FSS to say one is not going to purchase there any more because of this delay. Particularly in the light of Anthony providing an update package for us here.

I am sure it will sort and it is not as if we HAVE to wait, thanks to Anthony's update package...

A happy third Advent Sunday to all.

A

Andrew Entwistle
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Anthony, thanks very much. It's a beautifully crafted aircraft. You're an artist sir!

BTW how do u fire the rockets. I didn't manage it, but then again I'm not very technical...
    Anneke

We have the updated patch from Anthony, and it did the job. Fantastic effort. Thank you very much Anthony.

FSS still has not updated the download to my original purchase, nor have they responded to my three (3) e-mails on the issue. But, they will sell you the newer version.

Bottom line is that it is my money, and I tend not to spend it where I have encountered a bad experience and lack of customer support. On that point I purchased the B/C version from another distributor.

Time to move on, folks.

Again, thanks to Anthony for the fine Trojans.
    -- WH

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    What a fine aircraft!

I tried the D model demo when it was released but found it a bit over sensitive on the controls, but this B/C model handles much better IMHO, so I had to buy it!
    Never saw a real Trojan until this summer, as there are now two stationed over here. I was surprised by just how big these are, but also how fast they are.

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

When I was a wee lad long ago I read an article in one of those aviation magazines of the 1970s. In it the author told a story of a mock-dog fight he had in his T-28 with a P-40. Short version is he had the P-40 glued to his front window for the entire contest. At the time I found that very interesting, and still do, to a point. The T-28 was a much newer plane, of course, but was not designed to be a fighter. It's an anecdote that proves nothing, but fun to read about.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Funny you mention that, Paul! I was just reading that old article the other day on the Airbum site.

http://airbum.com/pireps/PirepT-28A.html
    -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    Anthony, thanks very much. It's a beautifully crafted aircraft. You're an artist sir!BTW how do u fire the rockets. I didn't manage it, but then again I'm not very technical...
    ARMAMENT MASTER switch ON

ARMAMENT SELECTOR to rockets.

STATION SELECTOR to the station that you have rockets installed

Hit the BRAKES to fire.

If the ARMAMENT SELECTOR and STATION SELECTOR do not match (ie you have bombs on the stations but you have selected rockets) then nothing will fire. The only exception to this are the guns which will fire regardless of the STATION SELECTOR (although you need to switch GUN FIRING switch to READY for the guns to work).

Quote Originally Posted by mgchrist5 View Post
    Funny you mention that, Paul! I was just reading that old article the other day on the Airbum site.

http://airbum.com/pireps/PirepT-28A.html
    I liked that reed , almost made you feel your in the cockpit

Members who have read this thread: 128