Instal/Run Problems

Thread: Instal/Run Problems

Instal/Run Problems

I am trying to run P3D v2 and am have hit a roadblock. The Installation went fine, to all appearances, but when I try to open the simulator I get this error message:

Prepar3D cannot run because the version of Microsoft DirectX on your computer is incompatible. Please download the current version of DirectX9.0c from www.microsft.com/directx.

Well, I know that I DO have DirectX 9.0c onboard. I DO know that my rig has the necessarily compatible hardware. Can anyone give me
    A. a clue as to why I'm getting this EM
    B. a way to work this through

LA

Perhaps I should have put this post in the P3D Forum.
    Last edited by andersel; December 8th, 2013 at 19:12. Reason: Additional information
    ...things will go as they will; and there's no use hurrying to meet them.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Hey Andersel,

They do have a new room in the forum for starting up the sim and this is one of the issues. Some people found a way to intercept or reload (or something) the DX they needed.

Oddly though, P3D V2 is DX11. Perhaps it uses parts of DX9c, but its mainly DX11 now.

I wonder. Is your card able to run DX11? Are the mechanicals in it 'DX11'?

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Bill - Although I am not EXACTLY sure what I did to fix the diffugalty, I DID fix it. I am running P3D Academic and, after completing the download successfully I unzipped the file and found 9 .cab files + two installers. What eventually solved my problem was running both of them. First off, the "install" one with the little windows icon thingy and then the P3D one with the L-M icon thingy. Worked like a charm. The installer loaded up all of the data files, I guess. The P3D one adjusted my system and set everything up so all was right with my rig's hardware.

Anyway, I AM up and running. At least in default settings. Although I set my target rate at 30 FPS I am only averaging around 17-19 right off the bat.

This may be a steep learning curve for me. A

lso I am going to be flying from my VC for the first time.

I imagine that I will be spending some time in the various P3D forums in the near future, eh?

LA
    ...things will go as they will; and there's no use hurrying to meet them.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Awesome... Glad you got it installed and running.

Welcome to V2.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Members who have read this thread: 17