Dino's T-45C version 2.50 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dino's T-45C version 2.50

All,

a couple of notes.

Launch bar "issue"

Orionll is right - but let me elaborate this a little:
    In reality, the launch bar is spring loaded - pilot does not have to retract it manually, unless there is a malfunction. Gear cannot be retracted when the launch bar is extended.
    Thing is, it is not really clear in the SDK what are the conditions that make the launch bar raise automatically... and, while the T-45C complies with the Acceleration SDK, this does not happen automatically.
    So, after carrier launch, you have to raise the launch bar manually - just one key press.
    I could add a piece of code which force the launch bar raise when weight-on-wheels is off.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

Flap lights

Even in 2.52 there is an issue with the flap advisory lights...they only work then the Landing gear is down... a temporary fix is available on my blog (in the comments section - I am pasting the download link below).

Cage/Uncage HUD

There is another issue so that the HUD Cage/Uncage control do not seem to work... This is also (partially) solved by the fix.

Here is the download link - you have to replace the file in the panel/T45_MFD folder.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1V...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Dino Cattaneo; December 6th, 2013 at 04:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Maury2008 View Post
    Is great, I noticed only a few thinks, the mfd are always on even in the absence of electrical power, enginei off, battery off.
    there is no more radar page
    Page hud does not work

Anyway, great work!
    also with version 2.52 i had MFD always on with all electric off

As for the HUD page this was intentionally left out - I had no time to do that.
    I may want to add it because it allows a more realistic control of the Cage / Uncage mode.
    You may have noticed the INOP on that page and others.

New HUD system is not (yet) enslaved to electrical system.

I will release a v2.53 version sometimes soon.

Dino, thanks for all of your hard work to not only bring us this plane, but to keep improving it as you do. Your projects are really one of the shining areas of FSX for me, and are very greatly appreciated and admired!!

Nice job on the helmets "kdfw"!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Greetings! I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to military aircraft (a complete newbie to this forum!)

Is there a description of the autopilot functions for Dino's T-45C anywhere? I've been muddling around with it, but I'm having a few problems and I'm not sure what to expect. Some particular questions I have are:
    1) Is it capable of doing an ILS approach? If so, how do you engage this - it doesn't seem to want to track a glideslope.
    2) I seem to only be able to engage/disengage autopilot through the FSX keyboard function. Is there a button in the VC to do this? Is there an indicator anywhere that my AP is engaged?
    3) Similarly, I seem to be able to put it in VOR NAV mode with the FSX keyboard function. The MFD key in the VC doesn't seem to do anything other than highlight the mode in the MFD

Appreciate any clarification!

Well,

the autopilot in the T-45C does not do much - actually, there were not direct control up to the latest revisions (latest is currently 2.55). For gameplay purposes, I have included some autotpilot controls in the MFD-> HSI page.

The current rendition of the Goshawk has very basic autopilot functions.

1) Current rendition is not capable of automatic ILS approaches.

2) Yes, "AUTO" flag on the softkey in HSI mode. In real world, this has another function, but still....

3) I have not tested that... but it *should* work - well, better say it may work. Autopilot controls were a last minute addition and mostly untested.

BR

Dino

Thanks Dino! Good information.

Members who have read this thread: 145