Freeware H&S Design Eurocopter/Kawasaki BK117

Thread: Freeware H&S Design Eurocopter/Kawasaki BK117

Blog Entries

Freeware H&S Design Eurocopter/Kawasaki BK117

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Thanks a lot for the HU! Looks good, how is the VC? Could you maybe post a screenshot?

Sascha

Blog Entries
    From avsim:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hs__bk117_base-1.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	158.2 KB 
ID:	978

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

This is a modified version of the Icaro BK117 final edition.
    In my opinion one of the best FS9 helicopters out there!
    This one actually includes crew figures, which makes it a bit more realistic.
    Overall a fantastic model with great interior and exterior detailing, a real sound set, and very nice manual instrumentation.
    Just a few drawbacks though, as in the original model:
    The FDE: She climbs like a rocket! Any speed over 95 knts and she gets the jitters. There is an easy solution.
    I use the air file from the alphasim 'Lynx'. Works a treat!
    I have loved this helicopter over the last few years, and this update makes it even better.
    Now how do I switch the wipers back off again... :-)

Stuart

Really nice model! Textures are way to big for my veteran pc to handle, but i have to resize textures on everything new these days, be it plane, or scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by euroastar350 View Post
    From avsim:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hs__bk117_base-1.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	158.2 KB 
ID:	978
    Thanks, awesome! Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, Off I go to DL.

Lightbulb

Just a quick test ... Cold start and some touch and go ..
    Very nice !
    I use the air file from the alphasim 'Lynx'. Works a treat!
    Will try this trick as I'm too shaken
    Last edited by Navtech; December 2nd, 2013 at 17:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Navtech View Post
    Just a quick test ... Cold start and some touch and go ..
    Very nice !

Will try this trick as I'm too shaken
    This is my first post - hello to all people here on SOH.

First, my thank is going to Euroastar for opening this threat und to the people following and posting. If you have any problems or comments, feel free to post it here. I try to give an answer asap.

If you are too shaken - Keep the first slider of your reasism settings to ~ 80 - 90 percent. Shaking effect will stop.

Thomas
    H&S Design Team

Nice video! It seems like a very well behaved helicopter... the flight characteristics appear very smooth, that and you appear to be a very good helicopter pilot. I am still thinking about this a bit. I currently have only one helicopter installed in my FS9 sim... Alpha's Ka-50 Black Shark.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Which Do I Like Best?

I have the ICARO BKK 117 Final version, and I like the tail rotor animation on that, but I like the main rotor animation on this one, so if I could combine the two...maybe I'm being too picky. I also have the EC 145, which is a further development of the BKK117, and that's also a very good helicopter. The one thing I can say with certainty is that my flying skills do not come anywhere near the level of excellence of these helicopters.

Oh yes I agree - but you know, not only there is a big discussion around, what is the best way of modelling the blades - disc or single blades. You can´t do the right thing.

For this release I won´t do it. It is a huge work. To build a rotordisc is quite easy to handle - but to compile all other models is the pitty. On Beta Test, we discussed a lot about these things - and decided to publish it as it is. Sorry.

But in a few months we have the same discussion back - on native FSX models.

Thomas

To build a rotordisc is quite easy to handle - but to compile all other models is the pitty. On Beta Test, we discussed a lot about these things - and decided to publish it as it is. Sorry.

No need to feel sorry about giving us such an excellent helicopter with so many liveries!

...and so many models!

This is a really excellent release! but I get very dark and grey VC windows, is there anyone else with this problem? How can I fix this issue?

Sascha

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha66 View Post
    This is a really excellent release! but I get very dark and grey VC windows, is there anyone else with this problem? How can I fix this issue?

Sascha
    Hi Sascha,

I sometimes experience a slight delay for the VC window textures to load.
    This is ony intermittent, and they also appear as you described. Converting the window texture to DXT3 should solve this.
    Otherwise I'm sure Thomas will have a solution...

Regards, Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by stuartcox View Post
    Hi Sascha,

This is ony intermittent, and they also appear as you described. Converting the window texture to DXT3 should solve this.

Regards, Stuart
    Yes, really less users have this issue. The same with other models. For me it seems that the graphic card is the issue.

@Sascha: In models itself, the windows are little diffuse - it is something like 98 percent transparency - very little. And there is a i
    wndows.bmp with alpha on it. Try to make the part of the windows.bmp 100 percent transparent - save as DXT3. If you not able to do this, send me an Email or PM.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by stuartcox View Post
    Hi Sascha,

Regards, Stuart
    Thanks! I tried it and it didn't work, but Thomas has already noted my plight!

Have a nice weekend!
    Sascha

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    Yes, really less users have this issue. The same with other models. For me it seems that the graphic card is the issue.

@Sascha: In models itself, the windows are little diffuse - it is something like 98 percent transparency - very little. And there is a i
    wndows.bmp with alpha on it. Try to make the part of the windows.bmp 100 percent transparent - save as DXT3. If you not able to do this, send me an Email or PM.

Thomas
    I have this problem with several aircraft, but it has become better with the newest Nvidia drivers for my GeForce 9800 GT so I think you are right about the graphics card being at the root of it.

I will try editing the windows.bmp and will get back to you!

Thank you and regards,
    Sascha

Sascha, did you switch on reflexions in Settings/Display/Aircraft? If not do it. And try to display high or very high cockpit Display. This could help you.

Wonderful: our H&S Design BK-117 got the german Best Freeware Award 2013 for General Aviation FS2004 of Flusinews.de

http://www.flusinews.de/2014/03/best...ie-verleihung/

Thomas

4y info: a native FSX of our H&S Design BK-117 is on it´s way.

Congratulations to you and the team Thomas!
    It's good to have hard work recognized.

Looking forward to the FSX version when you get it done.

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein