FSX Payware AI ?

Thread: FSX Payware AI ?

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar

FSX Payware AI ?

I am looking into purchasing a payware ai system for FSX. Must have some nice coverage of the Canadian Arctic and Cuba. Be fluid and native if possible. What are suggestions? Also ai must play nice with the Milviz 737-200.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Depends on what you are looking for. If you want the best looking models with realistic schedules then Ultimate Traffic 2 would be the way to go. If you don't care about realism and just want a lot of traffic, then the other programs would work. All AI traffic will hit your fps, you just have to see what you can tolerate with what you are flying as far as complexity. Native FSX models with dds textures are the best, which I think UT2 has. You may not get a ton of Canadian Arctic traffic out of the box, but adding your own is not that hard, and addictive. Oh, and having one texture sheet per livery is best (plus one night lightmap).

UT2 is very fps friendly, at least with modest settings. Still traffic slider at 30%, there is enough real looking traffic around. A big minus is, that it installs without permission a 1,5 GB file into C drive, which in my case is quite problematic due to limited space.

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    I also use UT2 : http://ut2.flight1.net/

I purchased it late this summer 2013 and have only fooled around with it just long enough to get it installed and learned how to disable the "Daedalus generic repaints"...which I did not like at all!

I have my "Weekly Traffic Density"; [commercial] set at 80% and my "Daily Traffic Density"; [general aviation] set at 50%... seems about the max that I can use at a FlyTampa, FSDT, Taxi 2 Gate, or Flight beam type of airport.

It also has a feature that will allow the default [ not the ones of payware sceneries] jet ways to "attach" to the AI traffic aircraft, which I don't think the other AI programs will do... I could be wrong.

I think the models and repaints are Preview DirectX 10 compliant and they, [the models] do look good.

My version shipped with 2010-2011 traffic time tables, but you can buy updated traffic time tables for about $6.95

Oh, I'm running FSX on an Intel I-7 3960 X @ an O.C. of 4.2, GTX 680 and have almost all sliders and boxes ticked.

...lucky me, for once in the 7 or so years that I've been fooling around with ol' FSX.

... default [ not the ones of payware sceneries] jet ways to "attach" to the AI traffic aircraft,...
    Oh, I did see a FUBAR one time at my home airport, the FSX default KBHM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-10-28_20-22-38-592_zps78d63b35.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	771.8 KB 
ID:	942
    Last edited by FlameOut; December 1st, 2013 at 05:41. Reason: add pic and Taxi 2 Gate