FTX Freeware Tasmania ?

Thread: FTX Freeware Tasmania ?

FTX Freeware Tasmania ?

I noticed in the December Issue of "Computer Pilot" magazine in the freewareFrenzy section they list some FTX freeware.

One of the packages is supposed to be a complete makeover for Tasmania, Australia with new coast lines etc. But all I can find at the site for Tasmania is the Launceston Airport scenery that looks to be just over 100MB.

Doeas anyone know if the complete Tasmanian package is available, or have I read it wrong in the magazine or site?

I would be interested in the Tasmanian scenery as I have done a lot of bushwalks down there and would like to try to trace some of the coastal walks we have done.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers MarkL.

Hi,

If you go to http://fullterrain.com/freeware.html
    there is a FTX AUBlue demo that has all of Tasmania, but with textures for spring only. It is about 230MB.

I highly recommend the FTX products.

Thanks,
    I will download it and give it a try. That must have been what the magazine was refering to I quess.

Cheers MarkL

Be forwarned mate... Once you try the demo, you'll be hooked and have to get the whole FTX package! All four Australian scenery packages and the add-on airports are incredible! Since I got FTX, I can't stay out of Aussie airspace! Try the free Tasmania demo and their freeware Launceston airport and you'll see what I mean! :woot:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

EVGA 790i Ultra | Q9450 @ 3.2GHz | PNY XLR8 OC 9800GTX 512Mb | 4Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 | 2x WD 150Gb Raptor X RAID 1 (OS) | WD 300Gb VelociRaptor (FSX) | WD 640Gb Caviar (Data) | WD 500 & 160Gb External HD's | ASUS 20X DVD | Coolmax 1200W PSU | ASUS Silent Knight II HSF | Antec 900 case | Samsung 2443BWX | XP Pro SP3

Cactuskid is right. FTX spoils us all--showing what FSX can become.

I suppose the only thing that will bring us North Americans back from the Great Southland is Holger Sandmann's artistry in FTX Pacific Northwest and FSAddon's Tongas Fjords (plugging Francois here).

Best,
    Mike
    -Mike

SOH-CM-2024
    It will spoil you! And it's Summer down under!

Caz

Quote Originally Posted by MM View Post
    Cactuskid is right.

I suppose the only thing that will bring us North Americans back from the Great Southland is Holger Sandmann's artistry in FTX Pacific Northwest and FSAddon's Tongas Fjords (plugging Francois here).

Best,
    Mike
    Now Tongas Fjords was one of the best addons for FS2004, float planes are my all time favourite.

Cheers MarkL

Members who have read this thread: 0