Lionheart's Avelina V2.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lionheart's Avelina V2.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Lionheart's Avelina V2.

Got a notice from SimMarket earlier today that Bill has upgraded his Avelina concept to version 2.0; love the new paints!

It may not be a real aircraft, but it still is one of my favourite GA planes.

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Avelina.html

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

hmmmmm......must not be updated yet at Flightsim store. Still shows 267MB D/L compared to 303MB D/L at SimMarket. I have V1 and it is a really nice and different experience to fly, THanks Bill!!

Steve

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Do owners of V1 get a discount to upgrade to V2?

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Do owners of V1 get a discount to upgrade to V2?
    Im not sure, but according this - http://secure.simmarket.com/lionheart-avelina-fsx.phtml - looks like a free update .
    Im owner too of 1.xx V.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks for the heads up. Gotta go digging thru my saved emails I forgot who I bought this from.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Hey all,

Beautiful screenshots Ferry!

Yep, free update. Build 2.0, the Avelina Mark II.

I added 7 new paint schemes, created/mixed a brand new Soundpack for it, dropped several older paint schemes to make room, fixed a couple of things, and re-released it.

I have wanted to do this for a long while and finally got a chance. The previous Soundpack just wasn't good. It was really loud and rough. The more I thought about it, the sound should be low, an electric hum at low RPM, and a turbine like whine at high RPM, like an electric car would sound like on the highway. (I had heard one of the old GM electric cars on the highways before a few times). They sound like the Chrysler turbine car, a bit. The Chrysler was very muffled, the sound barely heard. So, I created a Soundset for the exterior that has some fan noise mixed in, and inside you have a nice, cool, turbine-like whirr sound, like you would have in a new 7 series BMW or a new 4 door Benz.

When P3D is released, I can put in a 3rd installer that will export into V2. Waiting for that.

The manual hasn't been updated, so if it says an early build, just ignore it.

There is one bug, the nose gear will not turn right. I couldn't not figure this out. All my other planes (tail wheels) work fine, but the nose gear on the Ave (and on the Diamond DA40) do not turn right for some crazy reason. When a fix comes out, I'll upload a MDL file updater.

The first installer from earlier today also had the German and the White/Red paint schemes as double entries. I had repaired that in V1 (P3D) but not in V2, and uploaded the duplicates, so that was repaired a few hours ago and re-uploaded, so if you are downloading now, you 'should' have the secondary installer without the dual entries of those two planes. SimMarket should have theirs in a few hours (they are asleep). Same with JustFlight.

I think the Soundpack really does it for this girl. This is what its all about are those electric motors and a quiet prop like on the DeHavilland Q-400's and Q-800's.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Need to check my emails to find out where I purchased it. Also got to check my backup CDs to find the file.

EDIT: Just checked all my Purchase emails and cannot find any record of an order. Checked my purchase history at all the usual suspects (The FSS, Flight1, SimMarket and Just Flight) but cannot find anything.Got me worried as to where I purchased it as I also need to re-download it.

Any ideas Bill?
    Last edited by AussieMan; November 21st, 2013 at 01:17.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Flightsim Store still seems to have the old file .

Steve

Auto Landing Gear?

Really nice little plane, better sounds, don't fancy landing automatic landing gear, going up and down acording with speed...quite annoying...is thera a way to turn this off?

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Need to check my emails to find out where I purchased it. Also got to check my backup CDs to find the file.

EDIT: Just checked all my Purchase emails and cannot find any record of an order. Checked my purchase history at all the usual suspects (The FSS, Flight1, SimMarket and Just Flight) but cannot find anything.Got me worried as to where I purchased it as I also need to re-download it.

Any ideas Bill?
    Having the same issue here. I always keep my info for just such occasions but can't find it anywhere. Pretty sure I got it using the Flight1 wrapper but can't locate the usual lic.file or any emails about it anywhere. Odd considering I bought the LHC Robin using the same system and found all that info. Was going to download the new version from Bill's site using the Flight1 wrapper to see if it could find the info for a reinstall but the link was dead. At least it was yesterday haven't tried today.

Edit: The Flight1 link is still dead something about being no longer valid.
    Last edited by gradyhappyg; November 22nd, 2013 at 01:01.

Charter Member 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    I think the Soundpack really does it for this girl.
    Is there any chance of getting this soundpack in FS9? In my experience, FSX engine soundpacks tend to work flawlessly in FS9 - just without all the sound-cones bells and whistles. I am, for example, getting great enjoyment out of TuFuns latest effort for the C-47 in FS9... So it should work OK simply to zip up the engine soundpack and post it as an option or a patch for the FS9 version entirely aside from the other FSX only features with minimal fuss.
    Note that I'm only referring to the engine soundpack - I have no expectations of enhancements in the other misc and sundry sounds and avionics features of the Avelina that I'm more than aware probably won't port!
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Quote Originally Posted by gradyhappyg View Post
    Having the same issue here. I always keep my info for just such occasions but can't find it anywhere. Pretty sure I got it using the Flight1 wrapper but can't locate the usual lic.file or any emails about it anywhere. Odd considering I bought the LHC Robin using the same system and found all that info. Was going to download the new version from Bill's site using the Flight1 wrapper to see if it could find the info for a reinstall but the link was dead. At least it was yesterday haven't tried today.

Edit: The Flight1 link is still dead something about being no longer valid.
    The FLIGHT 1 link is dead for me also and would like to get the update.

I have the same problem with the Flight1 link,would like the update.Thought Bill would have checked into that by now.

Yeah, I feel yer pain, Flightsim Store still doesn't have V2 either. Oh well, kinda hard to get upset when it's FREE lol. Might be outta Bills' control too.

Steve

Ordered directly thru Lionheart ( I think )

Hi all,

I think I ordered my Avelina through Lionheart during a sale and downloaded through a wrapper his site directed me to. I emailed him but he may not have found it. Did anyone else obtain the Avelina in the same way? Did you find how to get the upgrade?

thanks, Cal

Quote Originally Posted by ramjet View Post
    Hi all,

I think I ordered my Avelina through Lionheart during a sale and downloaded through a wrapper his site directed me to. I emailed him but he may not have found it. Did anyone else obtain the Avelina in the same way? Did you find how to get the upgrade?

thanks, Cal
    I also ordered through LHC. I sent Bill an email and he sent me back a new link. but it did take a day or so. Also, his first response failed to transmit, but when I asked a second time, both emails popped up at the same time.

My recommendation is to ask again.
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

SOH-CM-2014
    Hey guys,

Sorry, I have been so dang busy, you cant imagine. All of my product lines had to be updated with the new P3D V2 installers.

Because Flight1 doesn't sell Lionheart Creations aircraft in their store, they do not provide the keys in their customer service area, so you need to see me personally for backup keys for all F1 sales of LHC planes.

My email is William *at* lionheartcreations $dot$ com

Just please provide sales data.

The F1 link on my site should now be active. I was having an issue with the installer and had to block the link.

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

SOH-CM-2014
    Also, I have sent a installer to FlightSimStore. Hopefully that will be updated soon.

If you can send me your sales data from FSS, I can get you airborn. Just email me via that email address above and I can get a link to you.

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013-11-25_22-50-30-218.jpg  

Yes please, I'd like the update.

Hello Bill,

I'm glad you are busy with your great work. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving day and when you get back I would like an update to your Avelina. I'm really looking forward to the sound package. Thank you.

Cal Brockman Transaction ID: 3RB62302E6903403X dated Mar. 10, 2012

Oh well I guess I hosed myself on the update. Didn't get it thru Flight1 just did an order retrieval and the Avelina wasn't included in the list I got from them. Must have bought it thru that Payloadz thingy, (didn't remember ever using them) trouble is not too long ago I deleted a bunch of emails because my Mbox was getting full (5+years of fltsim purchases) I distinctly remember (now) deleting some from Payloadz (stupidly) without reading them because I didn't recognize the name. Won't be doing that again. Live and learn as they say.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by gradyhappyg View Post
    Oh well I guess I hosed myself on the update. Didn't get it thru Flight1 just did an order retrieval and the Avelina wasn't included in the list I got from them. Must have bought it thru that Payloadz thingy, (didn't remember ever using them) trouble is not too long ago I deleted a bunch of emails because my Mbox was getting full (5+years of fltsim purchases) I distinctly remember (now) deleting some from Payloadz (stupidly) without reading them because I didn't recognize the name. Won't be doing that again. Live and learn as they say.

Hey GradyHappyG,

PayLoadz is just like F1. Just put in your email and look up your purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Hey GradyHappyG,

PayLoadz is just like F1. Just put in your email and look up your purchases.

Thanks Bill gave it a go but no joy there either the only purchase showing since 2010 is the Epic Victory. Darndest thing.

Just wanted to thank you again Bill for taking the time to help me get the V2 Avelina this weekend. I will fly her later today and report back.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by imn2sims View Post
    Just wanted to thank you again Bill for taking the time to help me get the V2 Avelina this weekend. I will fly her later today and report back.

Steve
    Same here many thanks Bill the new sounds are awesome as are the new paints so once again thanks.

Thank you, Mr. Ortiz! Very generous! She was already one of my favorite planes, and now a great thing has gotten even better!

With a little personal registration change:

Older paints still work, of course:
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.