P3D V2 Details/Pricing
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: P3D V2 Details/Pricing

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom88 View Post

Thanks Phantom88 for HU . I haven't been over to Prepar3D for a few days . I was very happy to see this in the link you provided :

" Prepar3D v2 will be available for purchase and digital download via the Prepar3D.com store on Monday Nov 25th"

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Thanks Phantom88 for HU . I haven't been over to Prepar3D for a few days . I was very happy to see this in the link you provided :

" Prepar3D v2 will be available for purchase and digital download via the Prepar3D.com store on Monday Nov 25th"

Rich

Sweeet! Great to have a new version past FSX / ESP.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

200 bucks, I think FSX is looking good enough.

£37 for the Academic licence sounds good to me. I just hope all the troll posts on various forums about the licence over the last few months hasn't prompted LM to make us jump through hoops to buy it.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post

Rich
    YIPEE! Getting the credit card ready now!

It's a pity The "Professional Plus" Lic. is so expensive,that one has The Military Abilities.

Patrick

It's a pity The "Professional Plus" Lic. is so expensive,that one has The Military Abilities.
    You can always purchase the developer's edition. It's $20 a month, which means that it will take 10 years to reach the purchase price.

Ok, with that in mind, will the lesser versions of P3DV2 accept addons to give it the ablility to do military simulation?? NC

I am beginning to rethink purchasing it, if not.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Ok, with that in mind, will the lesser versions of P3DV2 accept addons to give it the ablility to do military simulation?? NC

I am beginning to rethink purchasing it, if not.
    Sure, but the developer won't be able to access the more sophisticated weapons solutions available, like guided weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS67 View Post
    Sure, but the developer won't be able to access the more sophisticated weapons solutions available, like guided weapons.
    Heck, I am not that picky. As long as I am able to drop "dumb" bombs, that's fine! NC

Academic License
    $59.95

Is it correct to say that this version will be similar in features (for the better) with actual FSX, meaning if I just want to fly around, no need for weaponry, this version will be more than enough? If so, will buy it, not going to spend 200's...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Academic License
    $59.95

Is it correct to say that this version will be similar in features (for the better) with actual FSX, meaning if I just want to fly around, no need for weaponry, this version will be more than enough? If so, will buy it, not going to spend 200's...
    Thanks
    I would say it will be, yes. Much better graphics capability (based on what I have seen with screenshots and teaser videos). NC

Good Point

Patrick

You can always purchase the developer's edition. It's $20 a month, which means that it will take 10 years to reach the purchase price.
    Great Point

Patrick

One comment about the Professional Plus (Military) edition:
    Lockheed Martin sent me a preview of the "Weapons" SDK - and I have a Professional Plus Beta Licence. From what I see in the Beta, this is not really for "us".
    The implementation is very generic in nature (which is good if you have the resources to develop for it) but does not provide many of the tools that Tacpack implements.
    The key point, I believe, is that you can "slave" P3DV2 objects to external computations for flight / sensor modeling and such stuff - so the purpose of P3DV2 would mostly be, IMHO, to act as a little more than a graphic engine (for example it would be quite easy to genereate photoreal sceneries from satellite imagery to have up-to-date training scenarios of remote areas) - external software (or hardware) can do the flight and sensor modeling.
    This is would be much like an Eurofighter simulator from EADS I had the chance to fly at DSEi in London some weeks ago - key point in that simulator (which was based on OpenFlight) was the fact you could generate bespoke scenery in one day or two (Lybia in my case).

While I am sure there will be many who would really like to have the same tools as the military, I believe Professional Plus is not thought for the hobbyists. I really hope VRS can provide a reasonably priced version of Tacpack for P3Dv2.

Don't you think that those big red X for "Personal Consumer Entertainment" is something little bit ridiculous .... ???

Italo

I guess the big red "X" is the result of the always precious work of marketing and legal department (agreements with Microsoft, product placement, company mission, etc. etc.) ...

"Learning" is definitely a label that suits to my simulation activities. This does not mean I am not having fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by italoc View Post
    Don't you think that those big red X for "Personal Consumer Entertainment" is something little bit ridiculous .... ???
    No, it's not at all ridiculous. It is put there for strictly legal reasons, for which there's no need to explicate further.

What I do think is ridiculous is that for the past twenty-five years flight simmers have been outraged whenever anyone referred to FS as a "game", and screamed loudly "It's not a game, it's a simulator!!!"

Now, some of those same flight simmers are crying in despair that Prepar3D is "...not a game, so I can't play it!"

Good grief!
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    I guess the big red "X" is the result of the always precious work of marketing and legal department (agreements with Microsoft, product placement, company mission, etc. etc.) ...

"Learning" is definitely a label that suits to my simulation activities. This does not mean I am not having fun with it.
    I fully agree with you, Dino (and I understand also the legal implications)
    In fact Flight Simulation for many of us is not a "game" but a way to replace the temporary or final loss of "flying for real" because of many reasons such as age, cost, difficult access to flying facilities etc.
    Italo

Quote Originally Posted by italoc View Post
    I fully agree with you, Dino (and I understand also the legal implications)
    In fact Flight Simulation for many of us is not a "game" but a way to replace the temporary or final loss of "flying for real" because of many reasons such as age, cost, difficult access to flying facilities etc.
    Italo
    Well said, Italo. In fact, I got much more involved with flight simulation when I realized that acquiring a private pilot's license and renting/owning a real aircraft was not financially possible. Flight simulation allows me to "fly" the aircraft I helped maintain in the USN. It is an amazing creation, and one that continually evolves. NC

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Is there info available what aircraft each version comes with?

If the academic license includes the Iris F-22, Carenado A36 and Alabeo Extra 300 it's already worth $60 to me...

And can someone tell me if they accept PayPal...?
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Is there info available what aircraft each version comes with?

If the academic license includes the Iris F-22, Carenado A36 and Alabeo Extra 300 it's already worth $60 to me...

And can someone tell me if they accept PayPal...?
    All of the aircraft mentioned plus a F-35A are included with all versions. PayPal is not accepted.

Lyn

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazo View Post
    PayPal is not accepted.
    Guess I'll just stick with FsX then.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    ... about the Professional Plus (Military) edition: ...
    Thank you Dino, some information I can use and an answer to some recent questions. Cheers!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7