Instant Scenery 3 and P3D 2.0 question ?

Thread: Instant Scenery 3 and P3D 2.0 question ?

Instant Scenery 3 and P3D 2.0 question ?

It's not my intention to start a wave of compatibility questions here . I know time will tell on all the various products and LM has made backward compatibility one of their priorities in the upcoming release of P3D 2.0 . Was just wondering if Instant Scenery 3 has been mentioned in any of the forums ? I didn't see anything mentioned over at Simforums on IS 3 . I love IS 3 with P3D 1.4 and it works flawlessly so I would suspect P3D 2.0 compatibility will soon follow .

Looking forward to 2.0 ,

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Hey Rich,

We were really blessed with getting IS for P3D but we had to wait a few months for it. I can only hope they jump at updating IS for V2. V2 uses its only Registry system, different then 1.4, so that people can keep 1.4 and run it separately from 2.0. So IS will need to have a new Registry system for its installer. That's one of the reasons it wouldn't run in P3 V1 before was the installer wouldn't allow P3D to run it.

I love that program. What a massive jump from the old ways of installing scenery.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Instant Scenery 3

Is Instant Scenery worth the cost? I bought the first two versions, but rarely use them. When IS3 is available for P3D V2 ( once THAT is available), I might get it. Your opinions? NC

Chief, I was lucky to have purchased IS version2 just before version 3 came out. That means I got the upgrade for free. I use it almost exclusively for my scenery production now. Fantastic tool for not only adding scenery but also changing things and removing objects. Once in a while one finds a stray object that sneeks in there. With IS it only takes seconds to remove it.

The fact you can see where things go and they are automatically complied into a bgl is another advantage. Before IS the Microsoft Object Placement Tool was primary object placement tool. Works fine but you have to go to the SDK and compile your XML file, then place it back in the scenery folder.

Anyway, I will probably be purchasing IS for P3D version 2 when it comes out. Hopefully there is a free upgrade.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Hey Rich,

We were really blessed with getting IS for P3D but we had to wait a few months for it. I can only hope they jump at updating IS for V2. V2 uses its only Registry system, different then 1.4, so that people can keep 1.4 and run it separately from 2.0. So IS will need to have a new Registry system for its installer. That's one of the reasons it wouldn't run in P3 V1 before was the installer wouldn't allow P3D to run it.

I love that program. What a massive jump from the old ways of installing scenery.

Bill
    I couldn't agree with you more Bill . Just as you elaborated on , I would highly recommend keeping 1.4 loaded until most of the of the compatibility issues are resolved . I wouldn't see why we couldn't make the IS3 bgl's in P3D 1.4 then just pop them into some folder (with a scenery sub folder) and then enter them into the Scenery Library of P3D 2.0 . That's the way I do most of the IS 3 objects I fool around with now in 1.4 .

Can't wait until 2.0 . Even ORBX announced (CEO John) that it could take months to completely transform all of their products(Regions , ETC) for 2.0 use . He did mention that the FTX Global should be ready when P3D 2.0 gets released so ORBX users can have good base textures to work with at the start .

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Is Instant Scenery worth the cost? I bought the first two versions, but rarely use them. When IS3 is available for P3D V2 ( once THAT is available), I might get it. Your opinions? NC

NC , totally agree with Tom . IS 3 is an excellent product in my opinion . For people like myself who don't closely resemble being a novice or beginning scenery maker like Pros we have frequent here at SOH (Tom Stovall ,Jim D , John Stinstrom , MCDesigns , Falcon409 , Taco_Kichi , Mark(Solomon Islands) , Dimus , rdaniell , Cirrus N210Ms , JoeW , Ian Elliot and many , many more too numerous to mention that I'm sorry to have left out . These take scenery making to a whole new level and beyond . I love populating some of the airfields around where I live with hangers , static planes , cars , etc . This basically is what I use it for . I don't know how many of the serious scenery makes use it , but in my unqualified opinion is a product both the top notch and the beginning novice as myself could use . It is quite easy and user friendly . If populating small airports is one thing you might be interested in doing it is an excellent choice . If your going to jump into scenery making with both feet , Tom Stovall(he uses it quite a bit as he mentioned) and the other gentlemen I mentioned would be the ones to ask .

Rich

Members who have read this thread: 9