Saitek Cessna Trimwheel and CFS3

Thread: Saitek Cessna Trimwheel and CFS3

Saitek Cessna Trimwheel and CFS3

Hi

Anybody got the Saitek Cessna Trimwheel to work in CFS3?

While the driver installed fine and it works without problem in FSX, CFS3 doesn't even recognise it!

I have the X52 and pedals from Saitek and both work like a charm.

Any help and information is highly appreciated!

Cheers and thanks

Edit: works in FS2004 too!
    Last edited by italflyer; November 16th, 2013 at 08:24.

Could be you need to hand-edit the controls file... No idea, just thinking aloud.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Thanks for the suggestion. And yup, tried that too (maybe not hard enough).

Problem is, it doesn't even show in the list where one can choose the device to make changes in the assignments to. (Hope that makes sense)

Means: in FSX (and FS9) i have a scrolldown list with my X52, the pedals and the trimwheel listed in. In CFS3 only the X52 and the pedals are listed.

OK. kind of works now.

After getting a not real helpful answer from saitek's customer service (ask microsoft about your problem!), I fiddled around with the programming software from Saitek. I ended up assigning the axis as key strokes assigned to the keys used for trimming in the sim.

It's not as smooth as it is in FSX, but it's usable and far better than the small wheel on the throttle of the X52 I used to use for elevator trimming.

On a sidenote: While the trimwheel works directly in nearly every Flightsim i have on my PC (Orbit, BOB2, FSX, FS9, Targetware) it's neither recognised by CFS3 nor CFS2. Might have something to do with those games beeing made for DX8 and DX7?

Quote Originally Posted by italflyer View Post
    OK. kind of works now.

After getting a not real helpful answer from saitek's customer service (ask microsoft about your problem!)
    At least you did get some sort of answer from Saitek!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Quote Originally Posted by ndicki View Post
    At least you did get some sort of answer from Saitek!

but apart from this, I really like my Saiteks. With all the buttons, sliders and rotary controls of the X52 and with rudder pedals it makes you feel a bit like in a real plane. TrackIR doesn't hurt that feeling either. ;-)

Members who have read this thread: 10