A Generaø FSX Question about Default roads

Thread: A Generaø FSX Question about Default roads

A Generaø FSX Question about Default roads

As the topic says, how can i disable the default roads in FSX and let the UT Roads take over? As for now i have double up of roads everywere, and were there are supposed to be tunnels, there are huge default fsx roads including bridges, large and very long bridges that is not suppose to be there at all. So, in general, how to get rid of those without causing havoc by doing a repair? This is only on my old computer. I fly mainly in Norway and thats were the problem is, so i hope some guru in here have som quick answers for me as i am totally blank for now..

H.H.:cost1:

EDIT, can some moderator please delete the "ø" and add an "L" instead, thank you.

My guess is that the issue is you have freeware for Norway installed as well as UTX.

I wonder if Norway Scenic X has roads?
    http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/norway.html

Not being sarcastic, I truly do not know as I don't fly there (might have a couple of times but cannot remember)

Quote Originally Posted by P38man View Post
    My guess is that the issue is you have freeware for Norway installed as well as UTX.

I wonder if Norway Scenic X has roads?
    http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/norway.html

Not being sarcastic, I truly do not know as I don't fly there (might have a couple of times but cannot remember)
    Yes, but i also have a lot of payware installed too, so not only freeware. And there is a new version of Norway Scenic X called NSX_II v3, and that has nothing to do with default roads in FSX at all. I think you did not understand me here, but that's okay. All i want is to remove the default ugly roads from fsx if it is possible. It's kinda stupid when you have UT X roads on top of the default FSX roads, so if they can not be removed, then i have to live with it.:salute:

If the scenery layer "UT Exclusions For Default Scenery" is active in the Scenery Library, then the default (or any other) roads are being excluded. Unless there's been some changes with the files in that folder?

No I understood.....sorry for not explaining....my understanding was that UTX did remove those roads already..

...so therefore any remaining roads would have to be from some freeware or something like OpenVFR (if they have one for that area, use Openstreet map)

Seems to be a question for the UTX forums?

Once UTX has excluded the default roads there are options in the control panel for excluding some of the UTX roads. I don't have UTX installed at the moment but I'd guess you could almost exclude all roads.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Once UTX has excluded the default roads there are options in the control panel for excluding some of the UTX roads. I don't have UTX installed at the moment but I'd guess you could almost exclude all roads.
    The problem is that UT X does not exclude default roads, it double's it with UT X roads on top of default roads, so you see i have double up of every roads no matter were i fly. And that is really annoying if you ask me. If it can't be removed, i guess i have to live with it. If that's not enough, were there suppose to tunnels, there are now roads instead, if i disable UT X roads, i still have those roads. Let me try to explain better.

Were there are tunnels, there are now rods instead, they go over the mountain, and that seem stupid, and it creates big bridges and trust me, they are really long, and were they are created, there should be tunnels instead, but there are not. No matter if UT X roads are enabled or not, they're still there. Seems that if no one can give a hand, then i guess i have to live with it.

And sorry for bothering you all with my problems.

H.H.:isadizzy:

Hi Harald.

What you describe does not sound normal to me. If you enable UTX roads then the default FSX roads are not shown. UTX would exclude the default roads and apply their own. That is how it shows for me. I would try deactivating, uninstalling and then reinstalling/activating UTX and see what happens. If it does not help I would suggest going to the UTX forums at Flight1.

You do not need to live with this, it is not correct.

The highest likelihood is the priority order of your sceneries. If they are not in the order that UTX expects, the excludes will be overrode by a higher priority scenery putting double roads into view. Also make sure you did not disable the excludes that UTX provides or you will see both the UTX roads and any other roads provided by any scenery with vectors, as someone else has previously noted.

Dave